24,' 'Office' Win Emmys for Best Series

PlasmaFiend024

Reaction score
LOS ANGELES Aug 27, 2006 (AP)— "24" won the Emmy award for outstanding drama series Sunday night, and "The Office" won for outstanding comedy series.

Kiefer Sutherland of "24" won for best actor in a drama series.

Earlier, the Emmys followed a predictable path as Tony Shalhoub won his third acting trophy for "Monk" and departed series "Will & Grace," "The West Wing" and "Huff" earned bittersweet toasts.

The surprises in the ceremony were courtesy of host Conan O'Brien and his inventive comedy bits, including a running gag that had Bob Newhart's life threatened if the show ran long.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=2363798

PlasmaFiend024 said:
LOS ANGELES Aug 27, 2006 (AP)— "24" won the Emmy award for outstanding drama series Sunday night, and "The Office" won for outstanding comedy series.

Kiefer Sutherland of "24" won for best actor in a drama series.

Earlier, the Emmys followed a predictable path as Tony Shalhoub won his third acting trophy for "Monk" and departed series "Will & Grace," "The West Wing" and "Huff" earned bittersweet toasts.

The surprises in the ceremony were courtesy of host Conan O'Brien and his inventive comedy bits, including a running gag that had Bob Newhart's life threatened if the show ran long.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=2363798
Thanks for posting this. "24" is my all-time favorite show and I'm so happy it won! Keifer Sutherland does an outstanding job as Jack Bauer. Like the t-shirt says, "If you don't watch 24, you don't know Jack!"

Ca-Sun said:
Thanks for posting this. "24" is my all-time favorite show and I'm so happy it won! Keifer Sutherland does an outstanding job as Jack Bauer. Like the t-shirt says, "If you don't watch 24, you don't know Jack!"
It's still on here CA-Sun, if you want to watch. Thanks for posting Plasma, I am betting my family on the winners because they don't know.

ETA: I don't know Jack.

JBean said:
It's still on here CA-Sun, if you want to watch. Thanks for posting Plasma, I am betting my family on the winners because they don't know.

ETA: I don't know Jack.
Thanks, JBean. Bet you would like Jack if you got to know him! :) Going to watch it now.

Yeah thanks for the great replies guys.both 24 and the office deserved to win.both keifer sutherland and steve carell are great.plus i cant wait for the new season of 24.isnt it kinda weird they snubbed lost?

PlasmaFiend024 said:
Yeah thanks for the great replies guys.both 24 and the office deserved to win.both keifer sutherland and steve carell are great.plus i cant wait for the new season of 24.isnt it kinda weird they snubbed lost?
I got so spoiled by the british Office, but I love Steve Carell.

PlasmaFiend024 said:
plus i cant wait for the new season of 24.isnt it kinda weird they snubbed lost?
Neither can I! We have only 5 more months to go! I never got into Lost.

PlasmaFiend024 said:
Didn't they change the rules and deadlines causing a lot of shows to miss the deadlines for various categories??

I am addicted to "24".

I have never watched it on tv, I've been watching it a season at a time on DVD. This is a great way to watch 24 if you have a week to lose :rolleyes:

How many seasons have there been? I have seen seasons 1-4, but on the radio today they said there were 6 seasons? I thought maybe they were just going into their 5th season?

southcitymom said:
Just thinking about The Office makes me laugh! I can't wait for it to start back up again.
I also like 'The Office'. Steve Carrell does a great job as the slimy Michael. My favorites are Jim and Pam. I noticed the actor who plays Dwight wasn't on stage, or at least I didn't see him.

sandraladeda said:
I am addicted to "24".

I have never watched it on tv, I've been watching it a season at a time on DVD. This is a great way to watch 24 if you have a week to lose :rolleyes:

How many seasons have there been? I have seen seasons 1-4, but on the radio today they said there were 6 seasons? I thought maybe they were just going into their 5th season?
Season 5 ended in June and season 6 starts in January. The DVD should be out the end of November or early December. We have all 4 seasons on DVD too, and spent last summer watching it - made the withdrawals a little easier. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back