Best books on this case?

ljwf22

Reality continues to ruin my life.
Reaction score
Just wondering, what books do you recommend? I have read 'Perfect Murder, Perfect Town' by Lawrence Schiller and 'JonBenet, Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation' by Steve Thomas. I thought both were very good and thought-provoking. Is the Ramsey's book worth the price? Any others worthy?

ljwf22 said:
Thanks, close_enough. I've seen that. I guess I'm asking for which are worth the read.
i've read Perfect Murder, Perfect Town and Death of a pRincess. Buy the books you choose to read on ebay as there are a lot of them and they are a heck of a lot cheaper. That is where I bought mine. also it is not so bad, if they are crap reading if you only pay half the price.Besides, that your ebay is sooo cheap. much cheaper than aussie ebay.

Start with PMPT if you are American. If you are not American, start with DOI & ST (don't read one without reading the other).

PMPT refers a lot to the American legal system which non-Americans will fine confusing. I had to read it several times before I figured out who did what to whom.

Cyril Wecht's book is excellent for helping you understand the autopsy. Linda McLean's bok has lots of nice photos int it but it doesn't discuss the case.

John Douglas's book only devotes a chapter to the case and there are some errors in that. I'd only recommend reading it if you want to read everything.

The Ramsey Interview tape book is quite hard going but worth ploughing through once you've read everything else.

I haven't read Hodges books - seem like mumbo jumbo to me.

Stephen Singular's book was a big let down. It' is a great read right up until the last chapter when it fizzles out - like there was a powercut just at the bit where Poirot is about to reveal who did it!

I just started Steve Thomas' book last night. So far, it's very interesting. The only Ramsey book I've read so far is the one by John and Patsy. The only reason I read it is because I bought it for $1.48 at a bookstore! Anyway, yes, they are/were odd & pretentious people, but I'm just not sure that they could have done this to their child.

This is why I'm ready Thomas' book to get another perspective. I want to know the details that make people believe the Ramsey's killed their daughter. I plan on reading PMPT afterwards.

Jayelles said:
Start with PMPT if you are American. If you are not American, start with DOI & ST (don't read one without reading the other).

PMPT refers a lot to the American legal system which non-Americans will fine confusing. I had to read it several times before I figured out who did what to whom.

Cyril Wecht's book is excellent for helping you understand the autopsy. Linda McLean's bok has lots of nice photos int it but it doesn't discuss the case.

John Douglas's book only devotes a chapter to the case and there are some errors in that. I'd only recommend reading it if you want to read everything.

The Ramsey Interview tape book is quite hard going but worth ploughing through once you've read everything else.

I haven't read Hodges books - seem like mumbo jumbo to me.

Stephen Singular's book was a big let down. It' is a great read right up until the last chapter when it fizzles out - like there was a powercut just at the bit where Poirot is about to reveal who did it!
The Ramsey Interview Tape book? Which book is that?

ljwf22 said:
Just wondering, what books do you recommend? I have read 'Perfect Murder, Perfect Town' by Lawrence Schiller and 'JonBenet, Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation' by Steve Thomas. I thought both were very good and thought-provoking. Is the Ramsey's book worth the price? Any others worthy?
Coming soon.
The Last Christmas Of Jonbenet Ramsey by Laurence Smith
http://www.laurencelsmith.com

Yeah, but that one's not until December! Damn!

Oh yes! Tom Miller's book may be available soon! Apparently the renewed case interest has gotten him some deals.

The best books are:

1. Steve Thomas JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey murder Investigation" This book has alot of detail not generally covered in the other books.

2. Cyril Wecht "Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey" Wecht analyzes the autopsy report in detail and does a forensic analysis of the murder.
Very good

3. Lawrence Schiller "Perfect Murder Perfect Town" This was the first book I read and most of the information in it still holds true today.

I refer to the original editions of the above books.

JBR_Justice said:
The Ramsey Interview Tape book? Which book is that?
I love the picture you have up of JonBenet.
That child was beautiful. When I look at that pic, it breaks my heart, that someone murdered her. I'll never understand it!

I liked Presumed Guilty by Stephen Singular. For those who haven't read it, he believes John Ramsey was a pedophile and linked up to a *advertiser censored* ring in Boulder. He thinks JonBenet was accidentally killed while being molested by her father and Patsy helped cover up the crime.

btw, I love that picture too. It makes me cry just looking at her. Poor baby!

lilpony said:
I love the picture you have up of JonBenet.
That child was beautiful. When I look at that pic, it breaks my heart, that someone murdered her. I'll never understand it!
The pic symbolizes Jonbenet's Innocence & I don't want people to forget her which is why I chose that pic as my siggy.

had to search for a thread regarding books about the case.....i ordered two books oooooh, maybe a couple of weeks ago & got them the other day.....i've been reading "A Mother Gone Bad" & it's very interesting...some of the guy's thoughts (Andrew G Hodges...i believe he's a shrink??) seem a bit like grasping, BUT all in all everything i've read is interesting....some things i didn't know about the case like the woman that passed a polygraph that said she had been told that Patsy confessed to some lawyer friend, of killing JBR....

the way this guy 'breaks down' the ransom note is interesting also...not sure i agree with all of it, but the book has kept me reading, that's for sure.....i've always thought that Patsy wrote the note...there's absolutely nothing that will ever make me think otherwise......

also ordered & got the book "Death of a Little Princess" but haven't started on it yet....lots more to read of "A Mother Gone Bad".....

had to search for a thread regarding books about the case.....i ordered two books oooooh, maybe a couple of weeks ago & got them the other day.....i've been reading "A Mother Gone Bad" & it's very interesting...some of the guy's thoughts (Andrew G Hodges...i believe he's a shrink??) seem a bit like grasping, BUT all in all everything i've read is interesting....some things i didn't know about the case like the woman that passed a polygraph that said she had been told that Patsy confessed to some lawyer friend, of killing JBR....

the way this guy 'breaks down' the ransom note is interesting also...not sure i agree with all of it, but the book has kept me reading, that's for sure.....i've always thought that Patsy wrote the note...there's absolutely nothing that will ever make me think otherwise......

also ordered & got the book "Death of a Little Princess" but haven't started on it yet....lots more to read of "A Mother Gone Bad".....

I didn't think that Patsy confessed to a lawyer friend. I thought it was a girlfriend of one of the lawyers for the Ramseys who said her lawyer "friend" told her Patsy did it. Maybe I am wrong.

Skip Hodges and Singular....pure trash!

Anyhoo, I believe the single most important read is the Ramsey interrogations which are on ACandyRose....I've just recently discovered lots of interesting things. I want to add that the Police Files book from the National Enquiror is not the entire depositions of John and Patsy Ramsey....we got CHEATED!

Skip Hodges and Singular....pure trash!

Anyhoo, I believe the single most important read is the Ramsey interrogations which are on ACandyRose....I've just recently discovered lots of interesting things. I want to add that the Police Files book from the National Enquiror is not the entire depositions of John and Patsy Ramsey....we got CHEATED!

EXCELLENT advice. I've learned more from ACR than all the books put together. Here's what I recommend. And this what I did before I came here. Read Acandyrose. Try to read it all, but if you are pressed for time, read the depositions but LOOK at the crime scene photos.
I also read ST's book, PMPT (and got the DVD), Dr. Cyril Wecht's book.
If you can read only one thing, read ACR. But to get different ideas, read a few books too. I did a lot of homework before I came here. (plus I read every thread here, too. )It took 2 years.

The pic symbolizes Jonbenet's Innocence & I don't want people to forget her which is why I chose that pic as my siggy.
would anyone mind telling me how to put a pic in my sig? thx.

I didn't think that Patsy confessed to a lawyer friend. I thought it was a girlfriend of one of the lawyers for the Ramseys who said her lawyer "friend" told her Patsy did it. Maybe I am wrong.

here's how it's worded in the book i'm reading.....

The scenario of sexual abuse fits in many ways with information given to the police by Diane Hallis, a former secretary at John's company, Access Graphics. Hallis reported talking to an anonymous woman who called the office shortly after the crime (& who sounded credible) claiming to be the friend of a woman having an affair with one of John Ramsey's attorneys. The caller claimed that her friend had learned through her paramour that Patsy had admitted to killing JonBenet because she had found out John was sexually abusing her. Hallis passed a lie detector test in regard to her story.

On one hand it's doubtful that either Patsy or John would tell any attorney such a story, even if it were true, but Patsy has a tendency to tell everything, & the fact that the story seems to fit so perfectly with Patsy's ransom note suggests that it should be taken seriously.

trash or not, i found it interesting......i had always leaned toward Burke being "the one", but i truly believe Patsy, in the heat of an argument with John, after finding him in bed with JonBenet that night, caused Patsy to snap & hit JonBenet, in the heat of the moment.....who knows, maybe JonBenet was crying & yelling during the argument & Patsy lashed out at her...either way, Patsy & John covered the whole thing up...i'll always believe that.....John wouldn't want it known to the public that he was sexually molesting his daughter, so they both had something to hold over each others' heads....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back