Final Thought on SBTC

Jay78

Reaction score
i must say, ive been thinking all day, if Patsey did indeed write the ransom note, what an amazing coincidence that JMK wrote a phrase with capital letters S-B-T-C. I still have this weird feeling that he may know who the killer is, probably dead wrong. At any rate, i find this connection to be very interesting...

Jay78 said:
i must say, ive been thinking all day, if Patsey did indeed write the ransom note, what an amazing coincidence that JMK wrote a phrase with capital letters S-B-T-C. I still have this weird feeling that he may know who the killer is, probably dead wrong. At any rate, i find this connection to be very interesting...
I agree with you: somewhere along the line, that little panty waist may know the real killer and the details but was just twisted enough to take up this person's story for himself.

And here I thought that at long last at least one of the 20th century's unsolved murders may have an ending.

Jay78 said:
Well...I still consider the "Shall Be The Conqueror" in Karr's old yearbook to just be a coincidence.

In how many other yearbooks could one find a string of words that would fit SBTC?
Or really, in anything else any person out there could have written in their life.

Was just reading again in Steve Thomas' book and was reminded of this:

Investigators found a Bible open on JR's desk that was turned to Psalm 35-36, and linguist Don Foster from Vassar, pointed this out to police:

C ontend, O Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me.

T ake up shield and buckler; arise and come to my aid.

Brandish spear and javelin against those who pursue me.

S ay to my soul, "I am your salvation."

SBTC in reverse.

NO more coincidental than it was for Bill Reynolds and his wife to have had a daughter kidnapped and murdered on the same day as JB or that Mrs. Reynolds wrote a play about a girl that was molested and murdered in her basement

I always thought that is where the SBTC came from. A frantic moment on how to sign the note, the bible opened.

englishleigh said:

Investigators found a Bible open on JR's desk that was turned to Psalm 35-36, and linguist Don Foster from Vassar, pointed this out to police:

C ontend, O Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me.

SBTC in reverse.
I've read this before, but I have a question. Was this verse highlighted in some way?? I mean, we all know there are lots of verses on each page of the Bible and an open Bible means there were two facing pages. How is it that this verse stands out?? If Patsy was leaving clues, as some have suggested, that means she was scared of John.

englishleigh said:

SBTC in reverse.
Good one, englishleigh!!!

Psalm 35-36

1 C ontend, O LORD, with those who contend with me;
fight against those who fight against me.

2 T ake up shield and buckler;
arise and come to my aid.

3 B randish spear and javelin [a]
against those who pursue me.

3 S ay to my soul,
"I am your salvation."

s_finch said:
I've read this before, but I have a question. Was this verse highlighted in some way?? I mean, we all know there are lots of verses on each page of the Bible and an open Bible means there were two facing pages. How is it that this verse stands out?? If Patsy was leaving clues, as some have suggested, that means she was scared of John.
You are right on, s_finch. I believe that there was a history of sexual abuse, and that Patsy had been aware of it. It's possible that she had confronted John Sr about it and she felt that it would never stop.

The bible was her only safety net.

Karr didn't sign any letters with SBTC IMO. He probably signed them SWAK but in their zeal to have him (finally) arrested they said he signed them SBTC. If he actually had signed them SBTC I have no doubt these people would have come forward in January 1997 when the context of the ransom note was BIG news on every station.

Why does the SBTC acronym have to be so convoluted anyway?

Why couldn't it be simple Strangled By The Cord...the killer already knew he had killed JonBenet and how he had done it. The "Victory" probably represents the killer's knowing that the cops will never figure out exactly who did it and he would get away with it. JMHO

Jay78 said:

The phrase with those initials in it was in the middle of a sentence - it didn't stand alone.

The S - B - T part would be rather common as phrases go, with the B & T in the middle being "by the" "be the" "be their", etc. The S in front of that isn't unusual, either: "shall" "saved", etc.

If that phrase had been standing alone and was a more unusual combination (HKZY!), I would think it was a strange coincidence, but not with those letters, and especially since they were in the middle of a sentence.

there was also "a large picture of an aircraft carrier that use to hang behind JR's desk in the bedroom...at the bottom of the picture in fancy writing were the words Subic Bay Training Center.....the script was faint because it blended in with the water, so the words were hard to read"....

per Linda Wilcox from the book PMPT by Lawrence Schiller....

I don't know where the thread is now, but last week a very observant poster pointed out something interesting about the SBTC in the ransom note. I am going to be as brief as possible and maybe the poster will see this and quote thier own post here. I would like to read it again.

The poster points out that the ransom note was signed S.B.T.C without the period (punctuation) after the C.

If someone is going to all the trouble to put a period after each letter then why not put a period after the "C" ???

While reading the Karr/Tracy e-mails I ran across a point where Karr mentions the SBTC and he typed it the same way it is written on the ransom note -- S.B.T.C without the period after the C just as it is in the ransom note.

You can find Karr's reference to SBTC on page 739 of the Tracy e-mails. (Page 5/420 of the PDF file)

SBTC could stand for so many things. All of us could probably examine past writings of ours that contained words in sequence with beginning letters of s,b,t,c. I find nothing fascinating about this whatsoever.

What I would like to find out, though, is if Karr's first child bride's family (the one who's parents claimed he signed notes to their daughter "sbtc") have recanted their statements. Has anyone interviewed them regarding that further? Now that would be interesting!

What good is SBTC (shall be the conqueror) without the 'I'.

It doesnt even say anything- Its just a verbal phrase without a subject. Absurd to give it any importance. I cant even say it is a coincidence. It isn't anything at all.

SBTC can mean Solution-oriented Brief Therapy Counseling/Counselor.

It is a type of marriage counseling.

Marriage Menders, in Policy Review » Read Now
by Elizabeth Schoenfeld. 3 pgs.

...the same partner."that creed in hand, Weiner-Davis pioneered the use of Solution-Oriented Brief Therapy (SBT) in marriage counseling. Unlike traditional therapy methods...

http://www.questia.com/library/sociology-and-anthropology/marriage-counseling.jsp

Show Me said:
Me too...I always thought John's SBTC was more sinister.

I agree.

But I thought it was interesting that one of the shows I was watching last night, claimed that Karr may still be tied to the case because of this and the ransom note. I think it was Entertainment Tonight. That's the problem with the media...they put stuff like that out there...and most people believe it.

What about Helgoth. He had either a hat or a T-shirt with the initials SBTC that stood for Santa Barbara Tennis Center. I have read 2 accounts, one saying it was a hat he wore, the other a t-shirt!

Scandi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back