AZ - FLDS leader Warren Jeffs on child sex charges, Colorado City, 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
The leader of a polygamous sect was indicted on charges that he arranged a marriage between a 16-year-old girl and a man who was already married, prosecutors said Friday.

Warren Jeffs, president of the Fundamental Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, was charged with sexual conduct with a minor and conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor.

Jeffs, 49, didn't have sex with the teenager but arranged her marriage to a 28-year-old married man, said Mohave County Attorney Matthew Smith.

"He can't marry someone else," Smith said.

The 28-year-old man, whose identity won't be released until the indictment is delivered to him, was charged with two counts of sexual assault and one count of sexual conduct with a minor.

If convicted, Jeffs would face a jail sentence ranging from four months to two years.

http://www.billingsgazette.com/inde...dnews/2005/06/11/build/nation/94-polygomy.inc

In a major blow to polygamy on the Arizona-Utah line, a Mohave County grand jury on Friday indicted the elusive leader of a multiple-marriage sect on two felony sex-crime charges involving the arranged marriage of a 16-year-old girl.

Warren S. Jeffs, 49, president of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, was charged with one count each of sexual conduct with a minor and conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor in Colorado City from March to June 2002.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0611jeffsindict11.html

We are hearing a lot about this as the sect is relocating to 1500 remote acres in Texas. On the news last night it showed their new buildings - 11 or so of 2100 + sq feet in size plus a HUGE multi story "temple" three times that size - all completed since January 05. Locals say they are working 20 hours a day but are not buying anything locally and they have no idea how many people are living there presently. Local authorities are using a plane to fly over weekly and take aerial photos so they can follow the building and see how many people are there. The residents now hide from planes flying nearby. The property was bought as a "hunting ranch and retreat" but obviously they intend to move a large number of members there to live permanently. It is all behind locked gates and fences - and no phone on the property except one cell phone. Obviously things are getting too hot in Utah and Arizona for this sect so they are planning to try Texas. I've got news for them, Texas LE isn't going to look the other way, especially if they continue to be reclusive. The Mormons do not hold sway over anything here and Texans do not look kindly upon those who marry sweet young girls their daughter's ages (12, 13, 14) to men in their 40's and 50's who already have 3 or 4 wives. Those locked gates don't mean a damn thing to LE officers with 4WD trucks and gun racks. A chain cutter is standard equipment for LE in W Texas.
Ugh - this whole thing just makes my skin crawl!

I am actually quite glad to see that they are doing something about this. There were 2 girls recently on Dr. Phil who had just escaped that place. They were getting ready to be married off, and this Warren Jess is sick but he has the town they live in pretty much in his pocket. It is really said that more hasn't been done. But it looks like they are getting what they can.

If yall ONLY KNEW how much MONEY, TAX PAYERS money goes to support pedophilia and polygamy yall would BARF. This man is a DISGUSTING PEDOPHILE worshiped by hordes of people. He is a sick sick man. Pop out the kids, then rape the government to support them.
Absolutely DISGUSTING.
They run the town, the police, the local gov't. A man name Leavitt prosecuted a similar case in UT, and what did they do? They booted him out of office! I will have to dig a bit to find that case, but I think it might have even been one of Jeff's (If not Jeff himself) "little buddies".
The poor GIRLS!!! They are not to watch TV, go to school, QUESTION thier husbands (even if they are EIGHTY)... It is absolutely ATTROCIOUS that we turn our heads from this....

Not only the child sex abuse, but what about the young men that are called "the Lost Boys".

It is about bloodly time the Governement did something about this monster walking the earth diisguising himself as a human being.

He is a disgusting human being.

Ya know the Catholic Church is finally cleaning up its act. Time LDS did the same. They have to take some responsibility. This is a long standing historical truth that they have encouraged polygamy and or turned their backs on it.

This is child abuse, child exploitation clear and simple.

dakini said:
Ya know the Catholic Church is finally cleaning up its act. Time LDS did the same. They have to take some responsibility. This is a long standing historical truth that they have encouraged polygamy and or turned their backs on it.

No question.

dakini said:

WOW.
SO TRUE.
GET OVER IT ENABLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry Goddard, Attorney General of Arizona: “This is the first time in my knowledge that we've had a witness willing to step forward and say this is what happened to me, I was sexually abused."

Charges have been filed in Arizona against a polygamist leader, and Utah officials seem ready to help.

A sixteen-year-old girl told Arizona authorities she was raped by a 28 year- old-man a person she was forced to marry in her polygamous group.

The marriage was arranged by Warren Jeffs, the leader of the polygamous Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

http://tv.ksl.com/index.php?sid=211507&nid=5

A West Texas sheriff says he doesn't intend to raid the Eldorado compound of a polygamist sect to arrest the group's leader, who has been indicted on sex-crime charges in Arizona

Schleicher County Sheriff David Doran said Sunday he will arrest Warren Jeffs on an Arizona warrant if he's pulled over for a traffic violation.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3223461

Well I don't think Warren Jeffs will speed anytime soon. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am a 7th geny of that state, and I will NEVER UNDERSTAND THE PLACE.

I'm bumping this up for a new article in the Rocky Mountain news.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/state/article/0,1299,DRMN_21_3862250,00.html

snippet:

Boulder author Jon Krakauer, who wrote a best-seller on a polygamous sect, is actively involved in searching for the group's fugitive leader, law enforcement officials said Thursday. The offices of the Utah and Arizona attorneys general said Krakauer has continued to follow the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints since the book was published in 2003.

Some of us have shared Krakauer's book. It's interesting that he's involved.

The FBI has joined the hunt for the leader of a polygamous sect on the Utah-Arizona border who is wanted on criminal sex charges.
The bureau added a charge of unlawful flight against Warren Steed Jeffs, president of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, who faces a state indictment charging he arranged a marriage between a teenage girl and a 28-year-old man who already had one wife.
The bureau's involvement came at the request of Mohave County, Ariz., attorneys who obtained the grand jury indictment against Jeffs last month on charges that include conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor. If convicted, he could face up to two years in jail.
"He's considered a fugitive," Special FBI Agent Deborah McCarley said of Jeffs, who hasn't been seen at the twin border towns of Hildale, Utah, and Colorado City, Ariz., that are wholly owned by his church.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600147561,00.html

I used to live in southern Utah, in Cedar City.

I was told once (by a lifetime resident of Cedar)
that it was common to find a few children (or
babies) dead in the canal that runs through Colorado City
each year.
Children that were deformed or handicapped due to
inbreeding; and nothing would be done about them -
as this communities police (gov't employees, too) were
members of this sect.

This is hearsay - since I never saw it myself.
I believe it, though.

MW

An ex-Utah police officer is among eight members of a polygamous community indicted on charges of sexual misconduct with a minor and conspiracy.

Prosecutors say one of the men was arrested Friday, while the others turned themselves into Mohave County, Arizona, authorities Monday.

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=3583637&nav=0s3dc2Nq

Two vehicles associated with a possible sighting of fugitive Warren Jeffs last week in Lehi were located Monday afternoon in southern Utah.
The registered owners of the two vehicles, who are members of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (FLDS), were then interviewed by the FBI, said Gary Engels, a special investigator for the Mohave County (Ariz.) Attorney's Office. Jeffs is president of the church.
The owners were being interviewed, and they or other possible users of the vehicles, such as family members, admitted being at Cabela's, said FBI Special Agent Brent Robbins. It was not confirmed that Jeffs had been with them.
But, Robbins said there was "no doubt that, in my mind, if it wasn't Jeffs, it was a family member."
''It would seem to indicate that," he said.
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_3148709

Two vehicles linked to reported weekend sightings of fugitive polygamist leader Warren Jeffs have been found in Colorado City, Ariz.
Warren Jeffs Colorado City and its twin, Hildale, Utah, have served over the years as headquarters of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, which Jeffs heads.
According to KSL-TV, the vehicles were located Monday afternoon by investigators from Mojave County in Arizona who went to the town on a hunch.
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635155973,00.html

Polygamy sect leader on FBI wanted list

[size=-1]03:18 PM MDT on Monday, May 8, 2006

[/size]

[size=-1]KTVB.COM[/size]

A high-profile polygamist church leader and federal fugitive is now one of the FBI's ten most wanted.

Some of his 10,000 followers are believed to live in Idaho.

"We're grateful to the FBI [placed Warren Jeffs] on the Top Ten Most Wanted list. It puts him in some extraordinary company including people like Osama Bin Laden," said Paul Charlton, the attorney for Arizona.

Federal agents say he's dangerous, and a fugitive on the run.

But to Jeffs’ ten-thousand devout followers, he's a prophet.

<snip>

Decades ago, Jeffs' Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints (FLDS) group broke away from the mainstream Mormon Church.

It was then that colonies were formed in Utah, Nevada, Colorado, South Dakota and British Columbia - just miles from the Idaho border.

The most recent addition is a new temple and compound in west Texas.

more at the link http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/050706cckrKtvbJeffs.1ca018eb.html

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_3804592

Really interesting article up there.

There are a lot of people on the News Talk shows (Nancy, Greta, Rita, etc...) that say this will be like a Waco situation. People willing to die for him, hide him, anything. I can't even imagine believing in ONE HUMAN BEING not related to me, that I'd be willing to do that for.

I've been following this case, it makes me sick to hear off all the young girls traded like cattle! I don't think they're viewed as anything but a brood mare. So many young boys also who have been hurt. This man is as sick as can be and I do believe there will come a day when he'll have to face his accusers in a court.
I admire his nephew who has come forward and telling his own hell of abuse from this piece of >>>>

Old Broad

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSYSIV
Back