Has JMK made you lean toward IDI

Has learning about JMK made you more likely to believe it was an intruder?

• Always thought one of the Ramseys did it and still do

Votes: 78 53.4%
  • Used to be RDI now leaning more toward IDI

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Used to be unsure now leaning toward IDI

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Always was IDI and still IDI

Votes: 31 21.2%
  • Was unsure or IDI now leaning toward RDI

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • Still have no idea

Votes: 13 8.9%

• Total voters

tuppence

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
While I have always leaned towards RDI, learning about JMK and his writings has made me more open to the IDI theory. He seemed crazy enough to do the erratic/inconsistent/far out things and yet smart/capable enough to pull it off. I still find the ransom note a stretch. I guess I could see someone as nuts as JMK writing a long rambling ransom note after accidentally killing her to possibly try to throw people in another direction. Maybe the person hoped to take her with him. JMK seems to be acting like he's in a movie...theatrical personality. The note was more drama.

Anyways - even though JMK is out - has this made anybody take the IDI possibility more seriously?

I already felt that it was an intruder. With Karr I hoped at first that he would be the one, but as the days wore on it got less and less likely :confused:

I was already leaning that way, and Karr was an excellent example of the kind of person, precisely, that would have done this.

After reading everything i can on this case, I have pretty much always been a RDI. When the Karr story broke, I opened my mind to the possibility that I was wrong. But nope, I wasn't! :rolleyes:

tuppence said:
While I have always leaned towards RDI, learning about JMK and his writings has made me more open to the IDI theory. He seemed crazy enough to do the erratic/inconsistent/far out things and yet smart/capable enough to pull it off. I still find the ransom note a stretch. I guess I could see someone as nuts as JMK writing a long rambling ransom note after accidentally killing her to possibly try to throw people in another direction. Maybe the person hoped to take her with him. JMK seems to be acting like he's in a movie...theatrical personality. The note was more drama.

Anyways - even though JMK is out - has this made anybody take the IDI possibility more seriously?
Ten years ago, I went with the Patsy did it scenario which was so promoted. Then when I saw the Lou Smit demonstration on tv about the window and the grate, I decided there could be an intruder. When Karr came on the scene he seeemed to fit the intruder theory so well. He explained a lot but he left some things unexplained. I don't know what to think now. He might well be clinically insane. It's all too strange and I am surprised the dna does not match, and wonder if that is a reason to throw out all the rest of the evidence including his detailed confession of events, without investigating them thoroughly.

I am curious as to when Lou Smit's demonstration of the grate and the window was first shown on TV. Could JK have seen it on TV? Before Smit, no one even noticed the window or grate or thought it was the entry point.

I just don't know how much of what he says is lies. Probably most of it. If so it's wasted the world's time for 2 weeks. If he did do it and just didn't leave his dna, well, that is even worse.

at first I was RDI when the only info I was getting was from leaked info from boulder spin team to the tabloids.

I changed to IDI when I took a closer look at the evidence. It's seems too implausible that the Ramseys would go to these crazy and elaborate extremes just to cover up an accident. If they wanted to cover up an accident, why not make it look like an accident? The police would've swept it under the rug and closed the case early on like they do with suicides especially it being a rich town involving rich prominent people. Look how quickly they swept the helgoth case under the rug. The cops were shorthanded and would've just called it an accident because there would be no way to prove otherwise. The Ramseys aren't crazy people or have a history of insane actions. There are a lot of crazy people in the world that do fit the bill for this crime and would do something like this like BTK, westerfield, richard allen davis, liz smart kidnapper and on and on.

So I'm still IDI.

I followed the case when it was new, and was RDI then. I didn't have a computer at the time.

3 or 4 years ago, I got interested again and looked up info on the net. The more I learned, the more RDI made sense to me. Because the case had gone cold, I stopped paying much attention to the matter.

I decided to look at the case again the day before Karr was arrested in Thailand. My reaction to the news was "Well, I guess I was wrong". But within hours he was reported to have said things that made no sense. Most of us were pretty sure his DNA wasn't going to match before he was tested.

To me Karr has simply reaffirmed my belief that the RDI theory best fits the evidence as we know it.

I don't believe PR killed JBR in a fit over bed wetting. I think the blow to the head came after strangulation. I think JR did it. PR helped with the cover-up.

I'm not one of those who can't immagine parents doing this to a child. The sad reality of life is that sometimes parents do such things.

I'm still open to the possibility of IDI, but each theory I read about IDI seems full of improbabilities.

When I heard about JMK arrest I knew he was not the one. To many things he stated in his e-mails to Tracey was known.I am still leaning that it is a RDI.The thing that bothers me if it was an IDI JonBenet would have screamed. But only the neighbors heard it? Now in the basement there are pipes that leads to the central air in the house. I remember when I was a kid my sisters an I would talk into the ducts from rooms to room.So if she screamed someone in the house would have heard.

RDI! Always thought so. Gonna have to prove it BIG-TIME before I'll give up on that.

I always felt it was an intruder but I think it is/was someone in their sphere. A deliveryman, gas meter checker, gardener, neighbor. Someone that saw JonBenet often or someone that attended those beauty pagents in her area. This was not random. Its someone like Westerfield a la Van Dam case. I wonder how thoroughly they have checked out people like I mention above? Drives me crazy.

Chrishope said:
I followed the case when it was new, and was RDI then. I didn't have a computer at the time.

3 or 4 years ago, I got interested again and looked up info on the net. The more I learned, the more RDI made sense to me. Because the case had gone cold, I stopped paying much attention to the matter.

I decided to look at the case again the day before Karr was arrested in Thailand. My reaction to the news was "Well, I guess I was wrong". But within hours he was reported to have said things that made no sense. Most of us were pretty sure his DNA wasn't going to match before he was tested.

To me Karr has simply reaffirmed my belief that the RDI theory best fits the evidence as we know it.

I don't believe PR killed JBR in a fit over bed wetting. I think the blow to the head came after strangulation. I think JR did it. PR helped with the cover-up.

I'm not one of those who can't immagine parents doing this to a child. The sad reality of life is that sometimes parents do such things.

I'm still open to the possibility of IDI, but each theory I read about IDI seems full of improbabilities.
I feel the same way Chrishope. This is a great poll question!

Details said:
I was already leaning that way, and Karr was an excellent example of the kind of person, precisely, that would have done this.
I feel similarly Details. I am an IDI and I think JMK could be a good representaiton of the real deal.

I've always thought an intruder was resposible.I always will. I tend to think in the same way as Chiquita2... it was someone who saw JBR often. With the type of lives the Ramseys led, I am sure they had available to them many coming in and out of their home and their life's often. I also feel it was someone who was always at the pageants and saw her, fantasized over her, etc.... just like the sick perv they drug in from Thailand.

It's interesting to me that post JMK more people report changing to RDI then report changing to IDI. I would have expected the opposite.

It would be interesting to hear from people who voted that they now lean more toward RDI as to why.

I have see-sawed back and forth, but I think the Ramseys share some of the blame. I believe it was an accidental death (possibly by one or both of them) or they are at least guilty of covering it up.

Well,its pretty simple--Since there was no evidence that any intruder entered the house( as JR stated to the BP that all the doors and windows were secured the night before,no shoeprints,no snowprints,no nothing,and the unbroken spider web at the basement window),then one must face the unpleasant truth that somebody inside did the dirty deed and wrote the moronic ransom note--its only logical

Peter Hamilton said:
Well,its pretty simple--Since there was no evidence that any intruder entered the house( as JR stated to the BP that all the doors and windows were secured the night before,no shoeprints,no snowprints,no nothing,and the unbroken spider web at the basement window),then one must face the unpleasant truth that somebody inside did the dirty deed and wrote the moronic ransom note--its only logical

I agree 100%. No way an intruder could pull off all the things that took place in that house and there not be more evidence. Its simply just not possible.

Karr is the type of freak that I think could have committed this type of crime, but I think that there would have been more murders in the last ten years that might link the person back to the murder of JonBenet. This forum has provided so many convincing facts that it's hard not to think that a Ramsey/Patsy did it.

Brutal Truth, there was no evidence that Westerfield broke into the Van Dam's home either but he did and he was convicted of the murder and found evidence in his belongings. If the Boulder Police just had some clue who could have done it in the area and subjected some others to a search maybe they would have found something. I still think the Santa Claus guy looked pretty guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back