DIVORCE did not seem to be an option for PR and JR

Camper

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Divorce seems to be an option often exercised when a child is murdered.

Walshes came close.

The little girl who was kidnapped and murdered near a car wash, her parents divorced, I don't remember her name, but the mother had let her walk home alone from her little girlfriends house.

IF IF your husband murdered your beloved daughter that you doted on and lived so much of your life for, and or IF you had found him sexually molesting her, would you stay with him?

On the other hand if PR had lost 'it' and strangled your beautiful little child, one who cried for you when you were gone on business trips, this according to the man who tended the garden, would you stay with her?

Would the two of you stay UNITED and continue enjoying your lives together? Travel together, continue to point a finger at an unfound and unknown sexual pervert from a foreign country for the DA of Boulder to find for you?

Would you continue to have legal representation for yourselves?

The only reason I can see where I would stay with a husband or a wife would be IF IF 'WE' were protecting a loved one.

Color me a strange color IF you wish.

I picked this one:

'IF IF your husband murdered your beloved daughter that you doted on and lived so much of your life for, and or IF you had found him sexually molesting her, would you stay with him?"

Me, personally, no way!

PR, imo maybe. I think she did. She did. IF IF IF lol (your way), there had been some kind of an altercation which arose after discovery of a sexual incident, and along with JonBenet getting seriously injured, which caused both of them to feel responsible and thus they worked together staging an intruder/kidnapper, then yes, I can see them staying together. Happy? No. It became a struggle they each had to endure for their freedom and the sake of B.

imo

Why why why, do I stay here, when I am so tired :doh: that is a better question :dance:

Camper said:

Walshes came close.

The little girl who was kidnapped and murdered near a car wash, her parents divorced, I don't remember her name, but the mother had let her walk home alone from her little girlfriends house.

IF IF your husband murdered your beloved daughter that you doted on and lived so much of your life for, and or IF you had found him sexually molesting her, would you stay with him?

On the other hand if PR had lost 'it' and strangled your beautiful little child, one who cried for you when you were gone on business trips, this according to the man who tended the garden, would you stay with her?

Would the two of you stay UNITED and continue enjoying your lives together? Travel together, continue to point a finger at an unfound and unknown sexual pervert from a foreign country for the DA of Boulder to find for you?

The only reason I can see where I would stay with a husband or a wife would be IF IF 'WE' were protecting a loved one.

Madness shared by two. Emotionally and psychologically, I can accept that a husband and wife who were involved in a terrible deed together might stay together in that sickness forever.

The problem with this question assumes the Ramseys are guilty. You are correct when you say that often the death of a child divides the parents and they end up divorcing. Maybe this is because one blames the other. But in this case, if the Ramseys are not involved, (which I believe) and if they had identical recollections of the events of that day, then it would explain why they were so together, because neither of them would or could blame the other.

Hi Camper!

I agree in part. That’s why I never believed John Ramsey to have been molesting JB. Buying the whole Burke did it theory is a stretch for me, only because I don’t believe the Ramsey’s would have let him out of their site so quickly after the crime. I DO believe however that Patsy committed this crime, and at some point John chose to cover for her. Perhaps at the time he didn’t want to believe it, but during the process implicated himself. John told Patsy to call 911 and she did not stay on the line. She went into full acting mode. I am still unclear at what point John participated in the cover up, but I still have a hard time believing he would have let her write that ransom note.

Perhaps the disguise in handwriting was to disguise it not only to police but to John Ramsey as well.

Having known multiple victims of abuse, they do not behave how you expect them to. They often appear to be in denial and act or speak in protection of the abuser.

If you as an outsider bring up the abuse, they will snap at you rather than getting angry at the abuser.

Protecting the family ideal comes at the expense of personal truth and justice.

The PR/JR relationship is one of the most interesting aspects of this case.

The quote, "Thick as Thieves" came to mind. :)

This is what I think happened, for what's it worth.

I think that PR walked in on JR molesting JBR... I think that PR picked up something to hit JR with and accidentally cracked JB... The startling of JR, could of been how JBR ended up chocked to death (accidental)... They now though, are involved in this together and have to stick to gether, (more or less to keep an eye on one another) Their only way of staying out of arrest was to be the united front, never allowed to be interview separatley....

Anyway, I think they had no choice in their minds, but to stay together and then with PR's cancer cropping up all the time, she needed someone right?

Although I agree that the death of a child also kills a lot of marriages, I think there is something to be said for solidarity in the face of adversity.

Whether or not you believe the Ramsey's were involved in this crime, there is no doubt that this crime has resulted in near constant adversity in their lives. Maybe this brought them closer.

"The little girl who was kidnapped and murdered near a car wash, her parents divorced, I don't remember her name, but the mother had let her walk home alone from her little girlfriends house."

Carlie Brucia.

"On the other hand if PR had lost 'it' and strangled your beautiful little child, one who cried for you when you were gone on business trips, this according to the man who tended the garden, would you stay with her?"

Yes, because if not, I have to admit that I screwed up one good marriage only to marry a monster. That's hard to take.

Camper said:

Walshes came close.

Incestuous families have many secrets and many keep them forever. Victims minimize, mothers deny .........that's the way it is. BTW IMO it's far more common than anyone can image.

Linda7NJ said:
Incestuous families have many secrets and many keep them forever. Victims minimize, mothers deny .........that's the way it is. BTW IMO it's far more common than anyone can image.
....and occurs in affluent families just as much as middle-class and poor families; but, IMO, it seems as though it is sometimes difficult to consider the possibility when the person suspected is well off financially, IOW, money=good, how could someone who projects an image of being so good be so evil.

sharkeyes said:
....and occurs in affluent families just as much as middle-class and poor families; but, IMO, it seems as though it is sometimes difficult to consider the possibility when the person suspected is well off financially, IOW, money=good, how could someone who projects an image of being so good be so evil.
Agreed!

Often times they appear to be THE pillars of society

Linda7NJ said:
Oh, yes. How true. My dad was an unbelieveable philanderer. Everyone in my extended family knew about him EXCEPT MY MOM, or so it appeared. I was TAUGHT by my mom NOT TO KNOW either, so I DIDN'T until after I grew up and started getting wise. Then, I talked with my cousins and sister-in-law and everything fell into place. Not only that, but I was molested by my older brother and NO ONE seemed to know. I didn't talk about it for awhile, but tried to a few years later, but my mom told me to stop bothering my grandmother with STORIES. So, I didn't really get to address any of this until after I was grown and had children of my own. Matter of fact, it was when my daughter reached the age I was when molested, I kinda broke in two or something and had to get some help about it. Seems that's fairly common.

Anyway, my parents would never have divorced. No way. My dad was "allowed" to do whatever he wanted and my mom stayed home and pretended to be the perfect mom and wife. It was a crazy world to live in while trying to deal with my own personal hell. Anyone else looking at our family thought we were nice, middle-class folks with a happy life. Boy, this is just one example of how wrong appearances can be. :cool:

gaia said:
Oh, yes. How true. My dad was an unbelieveable philanderer. Everyone in my extended family knew about him EXCEPT MY MOM, or so it appeared. I was TAUGHT by my mom NOT TO KNOW either, so I DIDN'T until after I grew up and started getting wise. Then, I talked with my cousins and sister-in-law and everything fell into place. Not only that, but I was molested by my older brother and NO ONE seemed to know. I didn't talk about it for awhile, but tried to a few years later, but my mom told me to stop bothering my grandmother with STORIES. So, I didn't really get to address any of this until after I was grown and had children of my own. Matter of fact, it was when my daughter reached the age I was when molested, I kinda broke in two or something and had to get some help about it. Seems that's fairly common.

Anyway, my parents would never have divorced. No way. My dad was "allowed" to do whatever he wanted and my mom stayed home and pretended to be the perfect mom and wife. It was a crazy world to live in while trying to deal with my own personal hell. Anyone else looking at our family thought we were nice, middle-class folks with a happy life. Boy, this is just one example of how wrong appearances can be. :cool:
Gaia, I'm so sorry for you, I wish I could give you a hug. I've been there too. My mother chose to remain in denial rather than admit her own brother could molest her daughter.

You ladies know the score:

Mr. Big Time. He's friends with everyone. But he's really a monster.

You know, I can't count how many times I've heard people say in this case, "scum is pretty easy to spot."

DON'T I WISH!

Hugs back to you, too, LinusK. Ah well, we survived and we're here to tell others about it so they begin to BELIEVE THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD CAPABLE OF DOING AWFUL THINGS TO CHILDREN!!! YES, THE RAMSEYS ARE CANDIDATES, TOO!!!

gaia:cool:

Gaia..............I am so sorry for what happened to you. I could say more but my words would be trivial to you. It sounds like you've got it together.

Patsy and John's marriage/relationship - hmmmm.

Losing a child does weird things to a marriage no matter how strong it is or appears to be, whether it be illlness, accident or murder the majority end in divorce.

They didn't.

United front?

The Chamberlains divorced.
The dingo took my baby case, here in Oz.

PR and JR stayed together in their own little hell to keep up the charade, a united front as you say SallyLu.

Sallylu,yes losing a child can destroy any marraige--One of the most famous and tragic was Bill Bixby(My Favorite Martian,The Magician,The Incredible Hulk,The Courtship Of Eddie's father),TV star of the '60's and '70's---Their only child,a 6 year old son was killed in an accident--the marraige ended quickly,and then,agonizing over guilt of her son's death,Bixby's ex-wife killed herself--Bixby went into a severe depression himself,and then died some years later from prostate cancer--tragic story

I never knew that about Bill Bixby Peter.
I used to love My Favourite Martian as a kid, was one of my faves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back