A break in the Suzannah Chase case

candy

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This is an unsolved Boulder murder that happened one year after JonBenet's murder:

http://news4colorado.com/topstories/local_story_020190649.html

A Break In The Chase Murder Case

Jan 20, 2004 4:52 pm US/Mountain
BOULDER, Colo. (News 4) There's a new development in a 6-year-old murder case in Boulder.

Police have new information about the person who killed University of Colorado student Susannah Chase.

Chase, 23, was found dead in December 1997 after being beaten with an aluminum bat, raped and then dumped in an alley. It was a crime so heinous it shook the Boulder community to its core.

Yeah! It would be so nice to see an advancement in this case. Somehow, there's a connection to JB's death with this case, too, whether right or wrong, but this new info could help JB's case, too. Fingers crossed, either way. Good luck to the investigators!!!

Well, if it turns out that Susannah Chase's killer was a Native American, at least we'll know he wasn't a member of the small foreign faction that killed JBR. :croc:

Maxi said:
Well, if it turns out that Susannah Chase's killer was a Native American, at least we'll know he wasn't a member of the small foreign faction that killed JBR. :croc:

remember posting about it some time ago BUT I do remember NO RANSOM NOTE! ... Interesting read(Thanks for URL/info); found this FYI FWIW...(Can you tell I love to READ/SEARCH?LOL) :slap:

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/12281998hodgesonboyles-pb.htm

p - I think they have been treated with kid gloves. We have the Suzannah Chase case which hasn't been solved.

PB - It's amazing how the situation changed, as to the safety of Boulder...if there's a single person left who believes in the innocence of the R's, and I don't even think their attorneys do anymore.

Hodges - Nobody is addressing the psychology of the ransom note. In Mother Gone Bad...I looked at the forest instead of the trees. There's a certain sequence that there's an incredible need to confess. In the first paragraph, somebody's got possession of someone. I've referred to the numerous cancer references.

PB - When the R's are told that they have their daughter...the two people who have control over their daughter...follow our instructions...if you som much as breathe this to anyone...what's the first thing they do? They call 911, after a call first to Michael Bynum. It doesn't make sense. I've spoken to more feds, and they have ways of coming into the home other than directly as cops in a black and white.

Hodges - The evidence shows this is a note of fiction, but if we start out there comes a certain rythym...when the killer breaks it...notice the sequence after that...notice the sequence...two gentleman talking about their daughter being beheaded. Since we last talked, I've gone over the documentary, and there are more slips...(goes over the JR version of what happened from the croc) ...and he says "going downscares"...that was very revealing...PR winces on "strangled" and on the writing of the three page ransom note...that had to be so painful to them...R talks about the murder being a crushing blow...and about the lynch mob...these comments are very revealing.

PB - We're talking about the "and hences"...which has appeared so much I now say it on the air.

http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/arkansas/1023/letters/1998/t981102.htm
On the SUSANNAH CHASE murder case, there is an inmate in here NOW who was once sitting at Penny Lane coffee house. He heard 2 homeless guys discussing Chase case. They told the inmate (who is sort ofmeandering man about town) that Suzannah Chase used to come outta her apartment RAGING at the homeless people that would hang out in the nearby alley. They said she used to run them off w/a baseball bat.

:) DON'T WORRY--BE HAPPY!!! :)

TY, candy, for the article!

Hopefully this forensic identification of race will aid BPD in finding Chase's killer.

I think applying this technique to the DNA in JonBenét's underwear is also worthwhile. If the DNA were to be shown to belong or not belong to an person of Asian extraction, that would put an end to at least some of the argument about the source of the DNA.

At least, it might LOL

I just posted the same thing about Asian factory workers over yonder. I wonder where the white Caucasian dna came from that was reported in the JBR case? Sounds to me like they don't know the race of the perp. It's pretty much a no-brainer, IMO about sending the DNA to Florida to determine race---of course the should! Might rule out some of the "usual" suspects once and for all.

Maikai said:
I just posted the same thing about Asian factory workers over yonder. I wonder where the white Caucasian dna came from that was reported in the JBR case? Sounds to me like they don't know the race of the perp. It's pretty much a no-brainer, IMO about sending the DNA to Florida to determine race---of course the should! Might rule out some of the "usual" suspects once and for all.

They can tell sex from nuclear DNA and they can tell race but not sex from MtDNA (Mitrochondrial)DNA. I think that here, it's a case of projection. IMO, the nuclear DNA in her underwear/nails is male and the MtDNA from the axilliary hair is caucasian. I think some people like to assume they both come from the same person.

OTOH, I am no DNA expert - but I have tried to read and understand some papers on DNA and I *believe* there may be some new way to extract/obtain MtDNA from nuclear DNA. If that is the case, then further tests on the nuclear DNA from her underwear/nails may have yielded gender.

I could be wrong about this though. There are posters here with much more scientific brains than I - maybe they will say whether I have this correct or not.

Hopefully, this will give a much needed break in the Chase case.

The thing that stands out to me is the timing of this procedure. Wood has claimed that the BPD withheld all this in the R case...."put it on a shelf" yet, we have the BPD just now submitting DNA for race identity in the Case case. It appears to me that either Mr. Wood is spinning facts to suit his fancy, or the BPD has been sitting on lots of evidence in other cases, but no one else is crying "foul" on their behalf.

The delay in the Ramsey case was evident: the had a ten-marker and therefore CODIS sufficient profile but failed to submit it simply because they had no interest in doing so.

The Suzannah Chase dna stuff is merely taking advantage of later technological developments on an active case. The BPD want to solve the Suzannah Chase case.

Toth said:
The delay in the Ramsey case was evident: the had a ten-marker and therefore CODIS sufficient profile but failed to submit it simply because they had no interest in doing so.

The Suzannah Chase dna stuff is merely taking advantage of later technological developments on an active case. The BPD want to solve the Suzannah Chase case.

I don't buy that, Toth. Those are Wood's words. He has a definite need for the BPD to always look bad in case this ever goes to court. I think he is patterning after OJ; that seemingly worked for him to continue to play golf and look for his ex-wife's killer at the same time.

You're right---No one ever said the DNA from the hair and the underpants were the same. Being just one hair, it could be a transfer, if in fact they ONLY have one hair. I don't understand DNA either. I read when I did a search of the company that the testing is $290--so I can't imagine the DA NOT doing it. In the Louisiana case they were able to even determine the percentages of the race in the DNA, which makes me wonder if the DNA found on Susannah Chase wasn't Hispanic AND Native American mix.

Where is RHGC when you need him???

Pachally was guilty of this murder too, according to RHGC. RHGC is supposed to be re registering soon. He's doing OK, last I heard. If anyone can get ahold of him, please remind him that we miss him here.

(Even if he does grate my last nerve)

The Susannah Chase murder was another murder "certain people" tried to smear Chris Wolf with. Naturally, he's innocent of this again. :eek:

(Chris) Wolf said that Boulder police have interviewed him about the murder of his friend, Susannah Chase, a 21-year-old CU student who was slain in a downtown Boulder alley on Dec. 21, 1997.

"The cops did ask me about Susannah Chase," Wolf said. "They asked me if I knew her. I told them I knew her as a checker at the Wild Oats market and that I never saw her or talked to her outside of that. And I told them that she was a beautiful, wonderful, innocent young woman who I never would have wanted to see any harm come to.

"It broke my heart when I heard what happened to her. That's what I told them, and that's the truth."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_914794,00.html

I wish them luck. At least in the Chase case, the DNA is known to be part of the crime scene. I hope the DNA in the Ramsey case at least provides insight into whether or not it is crime related.

I don't hold high hopes, but we will see.

Yes, I too hope that Chris Wolf's name is finally cleared. He became a victim of the Ramseys and a real smear campaign. But unfortunately, he is nowhere as much of a victim as Fleet White is. His and his family's name have not only been smeared by the Ramseys, but by the likes of certain posters not fit to criticize him. He was there on the scene, which is more than Chris Wolf or any internet poster can say.

He holds secrets he won't share and some want to get even for that by smearing his name and they also forget that he too, has children who are hurt by the smear.

Maikai said:
I just posted the same thing about Asian factory workers over yonder. I wonder where the white Caucasian dna came from that was reported in the JBR case? Sounds to me like they don't know the race of the perp.
There is no "white Caucasian DNA" in the JBR case and there NEVER was. That was nothing but one of the swamp *advertiser censored*'s lies which she claimed showed up in hir email from an anonymous source. Thanks to this article the truth is now out and another one of hir lies goes down the drain. (Don't cry too hard Toth...)

The previous article about the DNA in JBR's panties doesn't exclusively claim that similar DNA was found from an "Asian factory worker". It says that the BPD has identified the source as possibly being from the "manufacturing process" or even the "point of sale"--if someone opened the packaging to examine the panties before buying them, (or maybe even bought them and returned them).

The new DNA Witness analyses, which narrows the search by identifying the ethnic ancestry of the DNA, may definitely help in the JonBenet murder investigation.

For instance, in one of my hypotheses I suspect a renegade member of the mysterious Asian Pacific American Coalition (APAC) as the killer. DNA Witness can confirm or eliminate that Asian connection as a possibility.

Also, in another hypothesis I suggest the case was solved by the GJ in 1999, children were involved, and Colorado law prevents the names of the children to be released. Therefore, if the cops DO NOT use DNA Witness analysis on the DNA in the JonBenet case then it could mean the case has already been solved and DNA Witness isn't necessary.

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

If I recall,several months back,when those of us suggested the asian factory worker could be discounted by newer technology,we were told to re read our science facts.
Many of us do just that,subcribe to "Science" ,"Pub Med" and others,yet science doesn't often prevail "on here".
This is wonderful news for the Chase family, it gives them hope someone will come to justice! I hope the same will apply to the Ramsey case shortly.
JMO

from Katie Couric's interview with Lou Smit:

Smit: “When you have an autopsy, one of the things that they do is, they do clip the fingernails. And in the fingernail clippings, they did find DNA. The primary source of DNA belonged to JonBenet. And that may have even been accountable for her trying to get the garrotte. But a secondary source was also found in both the samples from the right hand and the left hand.

“And foreign DNA is — foreign to JonBenet, but it can point a very strong finger at who may have done it.

“Also, they found DNA in JonBenet’s panties. She had bled during the sexual assault portion of the crime. Again, primary source, they know that’s JonBenet. It was her blood. But there is also a secondary source of DNA. Again, foreign. And it matches the DNA in the fingernails of her hands. This is now in three areas.”

Couric: “When you say foreign, it means not belonging to John, Patsy, or Burke Ramsey?”
Smit: “That’s right. The point of it is, is there is foreign DNA. There’s common foreign DNA. It is not John, it is not Patsy, it is not Burke.

“So, just to take this and say it’s degraded, and throw these beautiful clues away? You can’t do it. You have to plug these — these clues into the intruder side of the story as well. If they match the Ramseys, I’m sure that that would be very conclusive evidence that one of them did this. But you just can’t throw it away. You have to put that into the intruder side of the story. And that’s very strong evidence.”

Smit says a hair found on this blanket (refers to crime scene photo) covering JonBenet’s body following her murder, is another key piece of evidence.

Smit: “One of these hairs is gonna be very, very significant in this case at some time. It is a Caucasian hair found on the blanket that was on JonBenet. But whoever left it there, better have a very good reason for being in the basement. So far, it has not been identified by anyone. Could it just be a random hair? Sure. But could it be the killer? Yes.”

Couric: “This hair did not belong to any of the Ramseys.”

Smit: “That’s right. It has been tested against the control samples that were submitted by the Ramseys. And it does not match theirs.”

If you believe the male DNA from the nails and the panties belongs to the killer, and that the Caucasion pubic hair belongs to the killer, you can infer that the killer is a male Caucasion. However, I don't think there has ever been a scientific determination for the race of that DNA.

Since the technology is available, it seems essential to establish whether the male DNA could have come from the panty factory. I hope the JonBenét case DNA is submitted for race identification post haste.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back