Red Heart.

michelle

Joy comes in the Morning
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this is all about? I mean did she draw it on herself at the christmas party? Is there a theory on this?

In the arrest warrant, I read one of the e-mails where Tracy is challenging JMK to tell him something about the crime only JMK would know. JMK came back with a reply for Tracy to call anyone he wanted to on the phone and ask them if they had a red pen in their house. He wanted him to specifically call Patsy to see if she had one. He then went on to say that if she didn't have one, to think of one profession that would require a red pen in the house. I don't think that Tracy caught on to what he was saying is that a teacher would have a red pen in their house for marking papers.

Honibugs said:
In the arrest warrant, I read one of the e-mails where Tracy is challenging JMK to tell him something about the crime only JMK would know. JMK came back with a reply for Tracy to call anyone he wanted to on the phone and ask them if they had a red pen in their house. He wanted him to specifically call Patsy to see if she had one. He then went on to say that if she didn't have one, to think of one profession that would require a red pen in the house. I don't think that Tracy caught on to what he was saying is that a teacher would have a red pen in their house for marking papers.
Yet I have read that Patsy used to draw hearts on JBR. I don't have a source as I read it some time ago. And what home wouldn't have a red pen? The red heart is just a red herring as far as I am concerned, and Karr's comments are just not to be believed as I have found many lies in his phone calls. He wasn't there, didn't do it, so it doesn't matter what he says now.

It doesnt matter what Karr says that is for sure. I would like to know how she got that red heart though.:confused:

michelle said:
It doesnt matter what Karr says that is for sure. I would like to know how she got that red heart though.:confused:
Could the heart been drawn on at the party.Is it possible that Pays did it after JbR was killed.Maybe as an act of regret as in 'i love you my dear girl'.Forgive me!

aspidistra said:
Yet I have read that Patsy used to draw hearts on JBR. I don't have a source as I read it some time ago. And what home wouldn't have a red pen? The red heart is just a red herring as far as I am concerned, and Karr's comments are just not to be believed as I have found many lies in his phone calls. He wasn't there, didn't do it, so it doesn't matter what he says now.

I recall reading the same thing about Patsy drawing the hearts, but don't recall the color pen she would use if it was mentioned.

If anybody knows of a link to listen to the Tracy/Daxis phone calls I would appreciate them posting it. The DA must not have left it up very long, I never saw a link to phone calls there, but I was immersed in reading the Daxis letters at the time.

Michelle, the heart came up in several interviews.

On the first day, here's what Patsy said:

DEMUTH: How do you know it was a heart on her hand?

PATSY: Because it was on there in the morning, that's why.

DEMUTH: What was your reaction?

PATSY: It was a pretty good little heart...pretty well drawn.

THE NEXT DAY...

PATSY: I'm having trouble distinguishing whether I actually saw it or not.

Uh-huh.

SuperDave said:

THE NEXT DAY...

Uh-huh.
THanks Super Dave, do you remember which transcripts this comes from, I'd like to read it in it's entireity. I can't believe (well, I do believe it but it is shocking) that Patsy's words would be "It was a pretty good little heart....pretty well drawn" :waitasec: Somehow I don't think that would be my reaction in such a situation unless I thought JonBenet herself had drawn it and quite frankly, to get a heart to be equal on both sides is a hard task for a 6 year old.

SuperDave said:

THE NEXT DAY...

Uh-huh.
Thanks Dave. It does seem odd to not remember when exactly you seen it, either you did in the morning or not.

I'm sure this woman was under a lot of duress, I mean come on now, put yourself in her situation. Some posters here, IMO have no heart, let alone a red one. According to my boy last night, I gave him Tylenol, but I couldn't remember when I gave it to him, last night or was it the day before. I'm glad he remembered he had taken it.

Honibugs said:
I'm sure this woman was under a lot of duress, I mean come on now, put yourself in her situation. Some posters here, IMO have no heart, let alone a red one. According to my boy last night, I gave him Tylenol, but I couldn't remember when I gave it to him, last night or was it the day before. I'm glad he remembered he had taken it.
I am sure she was under alot of stress, I have always been a believer in the Intruder Theory, I am just wondering about the heart. Since patsy was known for drawing them I was wondering if she was the one who did it.:confused:

s_finch said:
THanks Super Dave, do you remember which transcripts this comes from, I'd like to read it in it's entireity. I can't believe (well, I do believe it but it is shocking) that Patsy's words would be "It was a pretty good little heart....pretty well drawn" :waitasec: Somehow I don't think that would be my reaction in such a situation unless I thought JonBenet herself had drawn it and quite frankly, to get a heart to be equal on both sides is a hard task for a 6 year old.
You can find the interview transcripts on www.acandyrose.com.
The passage from SD is from the 6/98 interview.

"THanks Super Dave, do you remember which transcripts this comes from, I'd like to read it in it's entireity."

You can try to find "JonBenet: The Police Files" on eBay.

I'm sure this woman was under a lot of duress, I mean come on now, put yourself in her situation
If she was so under duress, why would she remember so clearly seeing the heart, specifying at what time she it, and that it was very well drawn? Then by the next day forget her formally crystal clear memory of it? If she was so emotional I would think she would consistently say, "I don't remember, maybe she had something on her hand, she used to love to doodle and I would occasionally draw hearts on her. I might've done the day before, I don't remember." How many parents remember the doodles kids make on their hands? It's a very insignificant detail, but the way Patsy is specific about it makes it significant. If JB went around with the ocassional doodle on her hand, why did Patsy take notice of the heart so much that morning PLUS noting that it was so perfectly drawn?

Patsy was an artist and a narcissist. I think she drew the heart and couldn't admit it, but then her egotism also made her mention how well-drawn it was.

Is there an online source that has these videotaped interrogations that you can view? I have already seen the typed transcripts, but it would be interesting to see it on video. I've been searching around, and I haven't been able to find them.

aspidistra said:

I remember hearing the same thing about Patsy drawing hearts on JonBenet's hand (I've done the same thing to my daughter). The red heart is a red herring...and if they didn't have a red pen in the house, Patsy...or Pam would have been telling everyone this.

We do need to push Karr to the side. Nothing he says can be believed. He's a sick and twisted dude.

Hunnydolll said:
Is there an online source that has these videotaped interrogations that you can view? I have already seen the typed transcripts, but it would be interesting to see it on video. I've been searching around, and I haven't been able to find them.

I don't know if they are around or not, but they are interesting to watch. At one point, she seems to be hitting on Steve Thomas. I admire him for not puking on her. I also thought it was interesting how she just chatted away about JonBenet without a hint of sadness (my take on it). Heck, I still get choked-up when I think of my beloved cat who passed away. I can't even imagine how I would feel if it was a child...then have to talk about it. I'd be a blubbering mess.

michelle said:
Can someone tell me what this is all about? I mean did she draw it on herself at the christmas party? Is there a theory on this?
mich-what kid doesnt draw hearts on their hands-or write on their hands-even before they can write-couldnt she have drawn a heart on her own hand

luvbeaches said:
I remember hearing the same thing about Patsy drawing hearts on JonBenet's hand (I've done the same thing to my daughter). The red heart is a red herring...and if they didn't have a red pen in the house, Patsy...or Pam would have been telling everyone this.

We do need to push Karr to the side. Nothing he says can be believed. He's a sick and twisted dude.
yes-in refocusing on this crime, JMK is irrelevant..he adds nothing-nor does he detract-we are working with all the info that was there before him-not since him.

michelle said:
Agreed. Forget everything Karr said.

About the heart. It could have been a red heart. It could have been a red "B". That's not original -- I read it somewhere on this forum.

There is a photo on the Internet (on acandyrose, I think) of JonBenet's palm with the red drawing on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back