Identified! KS - Salina, 'Miss Molly' 184UFKS, 25-30, in creek under I-70 bridge, Jan'86 - Robin Ann Green

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
*Estimated to be 25-30 years old
*Found partly clothed face down in a creek. Believed to have been thrown from a bridge off Interstate 70, 15 mi. W of Salina.
*COD drowning
*Appeared well taken care of and well groomed
*Expensive, rare clothing
*A European bra (which sold for about $85 in 1986).
*Sweatpants. Both bra and sweatpants both sold only on the East and West coasts.
*Extensive dental work
*Professionally manicured nails
*Waxed eyebrows
*Tooth pulled within two months prior to death. She had had a root canal and a piece of broken dental reamer was stuck in the root of one of her teeth
*Stretch marks on abd. indicated she had had at least one child.
*Appendectomy scar
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/13744444.htm

What do ya'll think of this??? There are more details on their DoeNetwork pages. Maybe April Rose Zane ran away because she got pregnant???

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1404dfil.html
Case File 1404DFIL - April Rose Zane

• Missing since April 18, 1976 from Frankfort, Will County, Illinois
  • Date Of Birth: February 25, 1960
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"-5'6"; 115-120 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark auburn hair; blue-grey/green eyes. She has a long back which makes her appear tall. April has freckles on her face.
  • Marks, Scars: Scar on her right hip from appendectomy; scar on her right knee; scar on her chin.
  • Clothing: Last seen wearing a brown flannel jacket.
  • Dentals: Available
  • Fingerprints: Not Available
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/184ufks.html
Case File 184UFKS - Unidentified White Female

• The victim was discovered on January 25, 1986 in Saline County, Kansas.
    [*]Estimated Date of Death: 1 -2 days.
    [*]
    Estimated age: 25 - 30 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 125 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair with blonde highlights, short length. Light blue or grey eyes. Light complexion. Appendix scar and stretch marks on her abdomen indicated that she had carried a child and had given birth in the past. Also, her appendix had been removed, and she had scars on the left side of her jaw (there was a 1" scar on the jaw bone to the left of the chin and a 3/4" scar on the jaw bone below the left cheek); a 3/4" circular scar on the right knee. She had false fingernails painted bright red.
    [*]Dentals: Available. Teeth in good condition. Dental records indicated the victim had some recent orthodontic work completed that would be pertinent identifiable characteristics – a recent extraction of a tooth, root canal therapy with a broken reamer found, and both upper first premolars extracted and orthodontics done to close the spaces.
    [*]Clothing: She was located partially clothed in a beige Chantelle brand brassiere, size 32B, made in France, with French and European markings. She had on black Jockey For Her brand very abbreviated French cut bikini panties, knee high stockings and lavender sweat pants. The sweat pants were Abraxas brand, had 2 pockets in the front with zippers that zipped up and down. It appears that neither the bra or the sweat pants were sold in Kansas. There was no jewelry or identification found. A blue colored nylon bag with white drawstrings, and white pillow case, including other clothing items were located in the vicinity of the body, however, it has never been proven that these items belonged to the victim.
    [*]Fingerprints: Available.
    [*]DNA: Available.
    [*]Other: Full body x-rays available

KT:

This looks real good to me. The scars match up perfectly, and there is a definately a resemblance between the JD and April. Have you turned it over to the Doe Network yet?

That really does look possible! Good eye!

Thanks guys. I already sent it to DoeNetwork so hopefully we'll hear something on this soon.

At the bottom of the jane doe page there is a link to a postmortem photo, comparing that and april zanes pictures the noses and chin look similar but it is hard to tell b/c she was obvioulsy badly beaten

I think this is an excellent possibility, KT Can! Wow. Good job... The descriptions/characteristics sure match up really well. Like 2sisters, I also compared April Rose Zane's photo with the postmortem photo. I agree that the condition of the face in the postmortem photo makes it difficult to see many similarities, but this is a potential match that the Doe Network and LE should definitely check out. Wow.

I sure hope this leads to a resolved case!

More than likely this has been looked into in the past. When I used to send in matches, I often would find that for each one that looks a high likely, they've already looked into it and have received 2-3 calls a month suggesting them...

marylandmissing said:
More than likely this has been looked into in the past. When I used to send in matches, I often would find that for each one that looks a high likely, they've already looked into it and have received 2-3 calls a month suggesting them...
Never hurts to try, though, right? I wouldn't refrain from sending in a possible match on the basis that it was more than likely already done by someone else.

There are definate similarities.....good work KT!:D Let us know what your hear...

julianne said:
Never hurts to try, though, right? I wouldn't refrain from sending in a possible match on the basis that it was more than likely already done by someone else.

There are definate similarities.....good work KT!:D Let us know what your hear...
I hear ya...The one thing LEA absolutely hates is when sites aren't updated and people continually call about cases...There was a case in MD of a missing woman who was found dead years ago but not taken off a missing person site. She had a lot of similarities to a UNID in Texas. They got call after call about it...

Did anyone else notice the similarity between the center hairline of April Zane and the hairline (again, in the center) of the post mortem doe photo? Some things never change on a person, and this would be one of those things. That really makes me wonder if this could indeed be the same person.

I'd be willing to put some money on this one. It's hard to tell by comparing the photos and being 10 yrs. later, but everything matches her. The age, height, weight, hair, eye color, appendics removed and scar, scars on the knee and chin. Great job !

April Zane was mentioned in a previous post under the following thread:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - Zanesville, OH...the '50s

Link:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29787&highlight=april+zane

Her case has also been mentioned a few other times in this forum. This looks like a good match. The troubling question, of course, is where was she for the intervening ten years?

daga said:
Did anyone else notice the similarity between the center hairline of April Zane and the hairline (again, in the center) of the post mortem doe photo? Some things never change on a person, and this would be one of those things. That really makes me wonder if this could indeed be the same person.
i think you are right there is a definite "cowlick" on both women and while this is a common growth pattern ( I have the same thing on my forehead)there are just too many things that are alike in these 2 except charleyproject lists April as having facial freckles and Jane Doe doesn't appear to have any.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/z/zane_april.html

Freckles often disappear by adulthood so maybe that could explain why Jane Doe didn't have any.

Here is an updated case history from the Doenetwork. Evidently, there was a later possible sighting of April Rose Zane, so they have revised their date for her disappearance. Also, a new link is provided below.

--------------------------------------------------------
April Rose Zane, 16, Missing since April 18, 1977 from Frankfort, IL

April Rose Zane
Missing since April 18, 1977 from Frankfort, Will County, Illinois
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: February 25, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"-5'6"; 115-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark auburn hair; blue-grey/green eyes. She has a long back which makes her appear tall. April has freckles on her face.
Marks, Scars: Scar on her right hip from appendectomy; scar on her right knee; scar on her chin.
Clothing: Last seen wearing a brown flannel jacket.
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Zane was last seen in Frankfort, Illinois on April 18, 1977. (It is possible that she went missing the year prior - 1976). She was going into town to visit a friend. She never made it to the friends' house and was never heard from again.

April had a record of running away from home, but always turned up later. She was found several times in the Chicagoland area and arrested for curfew violation.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Frankfort Police Department
815-469-4935

NCIC Number: M-597208598

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The Doe Network: Case File 1404DFIL

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1404dfil.html

I can't open Doenetwork pics. can someone post a pic of the UID for me?

I can't open Doenetwork pics. can someone post a pic of the UID for me?

Here's a link to it on my Photobucket account, I'm not sure it would be a good idea to post post-mortem pics directly on the forum, even though this one is not shocking or gruesome, but the person is obviously dead and her face is bruised from a severe beating. Those who are sensitive to the sight of lifeless bodies should not click the link. You have been warned.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg132/KarlK2/Scan1.jpg

Hello. I am Barbara from The Doe Network and I am the Illinois Area Director for Doe. I rarely post here but I often read and I think you all do a wonderful job in trying to find our missing and send our Does home.

April's sister, Sharon, also reads many Internet sites looking for her sister. I know it's easy to sometimes forget that a family member might stumble across something we write and although it sounds harmless and logical to us, it can be hurtful to them. This is the case with the question as to whether April was pregnant. I promised Sharon that I would let you all know that April, to the best of her family and friends' knowledge was not sexually active when she vanished and was not pregnant.

I have been looking for a possible match to Linda Ann House, I believe I may have found her, but, I wanted you all's input, her story is here:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/house_linda.html

The Unidentified is here; http://meyahna.tripod.com/pg22.html & here; http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/184ufks.html, The Jane Doe's first sketches are here; http://www.geocities.com/patdf2001/

Linda Ann was 8 months pregnant at the time, and Jane Doe's autopsy revealed she had recently given birth, so another concern is (of course) where is the child?
This is my first thread, so I think I am not able to post pics side by side (or I would to make it easier for you).....
I really appreciate you people and all that you have done & do here!
Thanks People!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back