At least Tracey

gsquared

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
...got a pedophile off the streets. He may not be the favorite guy of the forums and we may not like his crocumentaries and he may be a bit Austin Powers-ish but at least Karr is off the streets. Granted, it took four years, but better late than never.

As for Karr having written the "Patricia" letters, I still don't know, but I doubt it. As I said on another thread (Annie Muss thread), I received emails from one of "Patricia's" email addresses while Karr was in jail. I spoke to Tracey last week and we have exchanged a few emails about this. He hasn't given an opinion yet on whether Karr might be Patricia.

gsquared said:
...got a pedophile off the streets. He may not be the favorite guy of the forums and we may not like his crocumentaries and he may be a bit Austin Powers-ish but at least Karr is off the streets. Granted, it took four years, but better late than never.

As for Karr having written the "Patricia" letters, I still don't know, but I doubt it. As I said on another thread (Annie Muss thread), I received emails from one of "Patricia's" email addresses while Karr was in jail. I spoke to Tracey last week and we have exchanged a few emails about this. He hasn't given an opinion yet on whether Karr might be Patricia.

Oh please. If he was so worried about "getting him off the street" why in the world did he email with him for FOUR YEARS?

Why not alert the authorities overseas and let them know this guy shouldn't be teaching.

Tracey is a rotten human being who would lie about his grandmother if he thought he could make money off of it.

gsquared said:

I realize you may not feel at liberty to disclose, but I have to ask what were the content of the emails you received from the "Patricia" email address while Karr was in jail?

GSquared, I promise I am not trying to be confrontational but I think it's important for you to reveal your relationship with Tracey. If I understand correctly you are a very close friend of his correct?

I am not close friends with Tracey. I had not spoken to him for seven years until this Karr thing broke into the news. We have exchanged a couple of emails since and one brief phone call. For the record, I have also met with Lin Wood (once) and spoken once with Lin Wood, and John and Patsy on the phone, all of that about my involvement with the Burke did it theory and the tabloids. I spoke years ago with Nedra Paugh before she died, Pam Paugh, Glen Stine and Ken Archuleta. Maybe somebody saved those posts. Also for the record, I lean toward Ramsey involvement, and Tracey and the others know this, but I am open to hearing alternative theories of the crime.

Tricia said:
Oh please. If he was so worried about "getting him off the street" why in the world did he email with him for FOUR YEARS?

Why not alert the authorities overseas and let them know this guy shouldn't be teaching.

Tracey is a rotten human being who would lie about his grandmother if he thought he could make money off of it.
Good call, Tricia.

It's hard to evaluate to what degree Tracey's actions were calculated and self-serving and how many were the result of bad judgement and carelessness.

Either way, he ain't the saintly figure some people are trying to suggest.

Karr is not 'off the streets' in any meaningful or lasting way, and I am still waiting to see how 'the book of the story' is going to pan out.

Now there's a money-spinner that would never have amounted to squat without the shambolic and theatrical arrest circus.

Michael Tracey... just a great guy trying to make the world a better place, y'all...

Sniffle... I'm sorry... I'm becoming too emotional to continue...

Blubber...

These were my sentiments exactly thinking this whole debacle over last night. If nothing esle, that creep is off the streets and maybe, just maybe if Cali is good, he'll be gone for good too.

We have JBR to really thank for that.

Forgot to mention...I also met David Mills, the producer of the crocs. I met him in NYC one time and had dinner with him when he was in DC. He puts up the money for the crocs. I had very spirited discussions with Tracey and Mills back in 1999 about their first croc (which I criticized).

Yes, Tracey and Mills hoped to make a buck. They never denied that. They also insisted that theirs was an academic exercise in pointing out the flaws of the American media. I don't think the crocs did that personally. The crocs really didn't focus so much on how the media played up the JonBenet case as opposed to other cases so much as they focused on the evidence tending to exonerate the Ramseys. Bottom line - the crocs weren't very good, IMO.

I think it was wrong of Tracey and Mills (let's not forget Mills - he plays a role in this too) to finger suspects in their crocs. They are as guilty of sensationalism as the media they criticize. Their sloppiness led to Gigax's "outing" and that was very unprofessional of them.

are too fixated on the intruder theory to have any kind of objectivity in this. Tracey and Smit are not only fixated, but they have a vested financial interest in proving that an intruder committed this crime. Tracey, Smit and Grey have business interests in promoting the intruder theory. Smit and Grey have business interests and promoting the intruder theory in in their own best financial interest. This isn't about justice or fairness or making the streets safe for little children, this is about promoting a personal agenda which is business and bragging rights and just damned mulish stubbornness.

This notion that they got a potential pedophile off the streets is a strawman to divert attention from the fact that in their excitement and glee in thinking that they were the ones to "break this case wide open" is disengenuous at best and an out and out lie at worst. Lacy and Smit should of all people know that you cannot arrest anyone in this counrty because you think they might do something. It is illegal, unconstitutional and unethical and Lacy should be referred to the bar association for her exercise of such poor judgement and unethical behavior. This is the third time, the THIRD time, Tracey has brought to the attention of law enforcement, a suspect in this case, and those people who have enabled him, who have allowed him to make false alarms, to create this public panic, should be charged along with Tracey in this sordid, creepy, public debacle - Tracey with his pius humbuggery about "crime as entertainmnet" who has provided more entertainment for which he was paid, than anyone else in this sad and shameful case. This man who has no qualms whatsoever in publicly naming "suspects" who then has the effontry, the damned impertinence to lecture the public and the media on their lack of ethics and "zealous persecution" of the Ramseys.

A bunch of damned, hypocritcal, pius, fabricating, dissembling, holier than thou parsons of self promotion - a pox on all their houses.

gsquared said:
Forgot to mention...I also met David Mills, the producer of the crocs. I met him in NYC one time and had dinner with him when he was in DC. He puts up the money for the crocs. I had very spirited discussions with Tracey and Mills back in 1999 about their first croc (which I criticized).

Yes, Tracey and Mills hoped to make a buck. They never denied that. They also insisted that theirs was an academic exercise in pointing out the flaws of the American media. I don't think the crocs did that personally. The crocs really didn't focus so much on how the media played up the JonBenet case as opposed to other cases so much as they focused on the evidence tending to exonerate the Ramseys. Bottom line - the crocs weren't very good, IMO.

I think it was wrong of Tracey and Mills (let's not forget Mills - he plays a role in this too) to finger suspects in their crocs. They are as guilty of sensationalism as the media they criticize. Their sloppiness led to Gigax's "outing" and that was very unprofessional of them.

Their sloppiness? Their sloppiness was very unprofessional? How about targeting an innocent person period? Come on, Girl! That was a scam just as much as this Karr scam has been. Even more so.

I hadn't read that article. What the article didn't mention is that Tracey had named Helgoth as a suspect too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back