Back to the Secret Warrant

gsquared

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
When the search warrants for December 26, 1996 were released, one was not released. This was commonly referred to on the forums as "the secret warrants." To my knowledge, this warrant has still not been released. It was for an undisclosed location in Boulder County. Does anyone else remember this? Does anyone have saved threads about this?

This warrant has nothing to do with Karr. This warrant was issued December 26, 1996 - the day JonBenet's body was found.

But while I was looking at the Karr warrant, I noticed that the DL# and alias Date of Birth were blacked out. What is a DL# and I wonder what his alias DOB was?

Oh. Well, I tried. Told you I didn't read it. I hate PDF's, or anything that long.

BTW, ever heard of any murderers who were on zoloft? Just an idle question. I'll probably try to google it myself and if I find anything, put it in Tricia's thread where it came up om a tramscro[t that PR said she'd been on it for post trauma stress.

gsquared said:
This warrant has nothing to do with Karr. This warrant was issued December 26, 1996 - the day JonBenet's body was found.

But while I was looking at the Karr warrant, I noticed that the DL# and alias Date of Birth were blacked out. What is a DL# and I wonder what his alias DOB was?
DL is drivers' license.

As far as I've seen he never used an alias in his IDs or resumes or when applying for teaching jobs. I think that is because it would be more trouble to get fake credentials under a new name; he already had the online degree in his name and all the references were in his real name, and that's what he needed to keep getting hired at new places around the world. I've seen his dob reported as Dec 11 and Dec 12.

...I beleive there were warrants for their home in Boulder and ALSO for their summer home in Charlevoix, MI.

gsquared said:
When the search warrants for December 26, 1996 were released, one was not released. This was commonly referred to on the forums as "the secret warrants." To my knowledge, this warrant has still not been released. It was for an undisclosed location in Boulder County. Does anyone else remember this? Does anyone have saved threads about this?

Not sure about secret warrants but I do know that some items were redacted in one or two of the early search warrants. Were these redacted items ever made known?

Eagle1 said:
Oh. Well, I tried. Told you I didn't read it. I hate PDF's, or anything that long.

BTW, ever heard of any murderers who were on zoloft? Just an idle question. I'll probably try to google it myself and if I find anything, put it in Tricia's thread where it came up om a tramscro[t that PR said she'd been on it for post trauma stress.
Just watched a Discovery channel program yesterday on Christopher Pittman, a 12 year old boy who allegedly killed his grandparents, allegedly due to the side effects of Zoloft.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0502/15/lt.04.html

julianne said:
Just watched a Discovery channel program yesterday on Christopher Pittman, a 12 year old boy who allegedly killed his grandparents, allegedly due to the side effects of Zoloft.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0502/15/lt.04.html

He was convicted on two counts of first degree murder.

The jury did not agree that the Zoloft had anything to do with the murders. The defense could never produce one person that had murdered before CP that proved Zoloft was the cause.

From what I have read these SSRI drugs can bring on suicidal ideation but not homicidal which is an entirely different emotion.

IMO

Ocean

oceanblueeyes said:
He was convicted on two counts of first degree murder.

The jury did not agree that the Zoloft had anything to do with the murders. The defense could never produce one person that had murdered before CP that proved Zoloft was the cause.

From what I have read these SSRI drugs can bring on suicidal ideation but not homicidal which is an entirely different emotion.

IMO

Ocean
I didn't watch the full program, so I didn't know he was actually convicted.

True, suicidal ideation and homicidal thoughts are two totally different animals.

A little off topic, but Zoloft is presribed for depression, among other things. It is really bizarre to me that it does, in some people, the exact opposite of what it is supposed to do! I mean, here you have a depressed person who thinks they are being responsible and taking meds prescribed to them, and the meds make them want to commit suicide. I think it is also prescribed as a smoking cessation aid.

julianne said:
I didn't watch the full program, so I didn't know he was actually convicted.

True, suicidal ideation and homicidal thoughts are two totally different animals.

A little off topic, but Zoloft is presribed for depression, among other things. It is really bizarre to me that it does, in some people, the exact opposite of what it is supposed to do! I mean, here you have a depressed person who thinks they are being responsible and taking meds prescribed to them, and the meds make them want to commit suicide. I think it is also prescribed as a smoking cessation aid.
A doctor was explaining this to me the other day. he said that sometimes people are so depressed they are too depressed to even kill themselves. Depressed people usually don't do any of the things they want to,they have no motivation to do anything at all . Once they start certain anti-depressants, it lifts them up just enough to do the things they have not been motivated enough to do, including suicide.

JBean said:
A doctor was explaining this to me the other day. he said that sometimes people are so depressed they are too depressed to even kill themselves. Depressed people usually don't do any of the things they want to,they have no motivation to do anything at all . Once they start certain anti-depressants, it lifts them up just enough to do the things they have not been motivated enough to do, including suicide.
Wow...very interesting. I've never heard an explanation for it like that before, but it really does make alot of sense.

julianne said:
Wow...very interesting. I've never heard an explanation for it like that before, but it really does make alot of sense.
I'm sure there are differnt schools of thought on it, but this is the theory that this neurologist supports and it makes sense to me too. Sad but true.

Linda7NJ said:
That kid is a psychopath and the Zoloft had nothing to do with it. IMO
Not having watched the entire program, I don't have all the information on this case. But they did say that there had never been any sort of hatred or animosity for his grandparents, and that they were really the only constants in his life. They also said that he had never exhibited any kind of violent tendencies before taking the Zoloft.

I don't know what I think about this case....

julianne said:
Not having watched the entire program, I don't have all the information on this case. But they did say that there had never been any sort of hatred or animosity for his grandparents, and that they were really the only constants in his life. They also said that he had never exhibited any kind of violent tendencies before taking the Zoloft.

I don't know what I think about this case....
I watched it live on CTV. He also shot his half sister point blank in the face then proceeded to bury them all in a manure pile. He scampered off to a store spoke with a former teacher calmly without a care in the world then off to a friends house and chowed down and had a grand ol time setting off fireworks.

oooops I am mistaken the case with another.....to quote Emily Latella from SNL...."nevermind"

JBean said:

Wow...that kinda adds perspective!

Hi Jelly :blowkiss:

Lynie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member