Deceased/Not Found LA - Kristi O'Pry, 26, Shreveport, 19 July 1996

georgiagirl

Opinionated Southern Belle
Reaction score
Kristi Gwen O'Pry was last seen by family members in Shreveport, Louisiana on Friday July 19, 1996. She needed a ride to run some errands and because she did not own a car she asked her boyfriend's friend Eric to give her a ride. After Eric brought Kristi to run her errands they went by her sister's home to visit. They visited with Kristi's sister Paige from 7 to 8pm. Kristi and Eric left together that night and Kristi has never been seen or heard from again by family members. Eric told The Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office that he dropped Kristi off at South Park Mall on Jewella Avenue in Shreveport at 8:30 that night. Detectives in charge of the case have investigated many leads but have been unable to confirm her whereabouts after she left her sister's house in south Shreveport in a white, early-model Chevrolet fleetside pickup truck with Eric Dale Mickelson. Authorities suspect foul play and family members fear the worst. Kristi's mysterious disappearance has caused her family unrelenting pain and sadness. "Kristi would never leave town without telling anyone" says her sister, Paige. "I know her too well to think she could leave her little girl."

http://www.gokartsupply.com/kristi.htm

My thoughts and prayers go out to Kristi and her family. There is little doubt that there was foul play. It's so easy to suspect Eric Mickelson since he won't cooperate with police and I don't see how a respectable man would drop a girl off at a mall at 8:30PM without any way to get home from there. But then there is also all of the other missing and/or murdered women with names starting with the letter "K" and the "dead zone" mentioned by Unsolved Mysteries. Wow so many possibilites - I hope an answer comes soon.

Sorry for the strange title above - my 18 month old attacked the keyboard and I didn't realize he filled in a title.

The man arrested late Thursday night for the murder of retired painting contractor Charles Martin has been the suspect in the disappearance and presumed murder of Kristi O'Pry, the Caddo Parish woman who disappeared 11 years ago.

Eric Mickelson, 38, and his girlfriend, Beverly Suzette Arthur, 38, have been arrested by Shreveport police in the murder and dismemberment of Martin, who disappeared on Tuesday. His remains were recovered overnight from woods and trash bins in the parish.

Caddo Sheriff Steve Prator said detectives are again investigating Mickelson in connection with O'Pry's disappearance. Mickelson, who was O'Pry's boyfriend when she disappeared, was suspected but was never charged.

O'Pry disappeared on July 19, 1996. Family members said she needed a ride to run some errands and got Mickelson to pick her up. She was last seen at South Park Mall in Shreveport.

http://www.ktbs.com/viewnews.cfm?ne...r also investigated for woman's disappearance

perhaps Kristi's family can gain some peace, especially if the will try to lead LE to her remains.

Here's a local link regarding Kristi and other Ark-La-Tex missing/murdered persons.

http://www.gokartsupply.com/kristi.htm

I hope Kristi is finally able to rest in peace.

Caddo Sheriff Steve Prator said detectives are again investigating Mickelson in connection with O'Pry's disappearance. Mickelson, who was O'Pry's boyfriend when she disappeared, was suspected but was never charged.http://www.ktbs.com/viewnews.cfm?news_id=2964&zone_id=12&title=Suspect%20in%20elderly%20man's%20murder%20also%20investigated%20for%20woman's%20disappearance

Sheriff Steve Prator does not play. He does what he says he is going to do. I don't believe he will leave any stone unturned in trying to solve other cases that might be connected to this Mickelson. He was Chief of Police in the City of Shreveport (about 300,000 population metropolis located in Caddo and Bossier Parishes) for quite a few years, but ran for sheriff of Caddo Parish and has had no trouble getting reelected.

Sheriff Prator gained some 'notoriety' when Caddo Parish, LA was influxed with Katrina refugees, by wanting felons, fugitives, probationers, parolees and sex offenders, tracked in Caddo Parish, so he could try to prevent the mayem these people might escalate in his territory.

The first post in this thread says that Eric was a friend of her boyfriend, the newer posts state that he was her boyfriend. Wonder which it was?

http://ktbs.com/viewnews.cfm?news_id=2970&title=Sheriff:%20Mickelson%20could%20be%20serial%20killer Caddo Sheriff Steve Prator said this afternoon that he considers Eric Mickelson -- the man jailed on suspicion he killed a retired Shreveport business owner this week and a young woman 11 years ago -- a serial killer.
Prator said his office will send out a bulletin to law enforcement agencies around the country to see if they have similar unsolved crimes.
Mickelson has been talking to investigators since Thursday. Prator would not say whether he has admitted involvement in any other crimes.
Mickelson has family in the Midwest, investigators said.

Also, the local channel 12 KSLA reported at top of 5 p.m. newscast that LE is excavating an area in West Shreveport suburb (Greenwood, LA) and will have forensic teams looking for evidence of Kristi O'pry's remains. No links on this yet that I can find. Hopefully this Mendelson is telling the truth about where he buried her.

The first post in this thread says that Eric was a friend of her boyfriend, the newer posts state that he was her boyfriend. Wonder which it was?

I'm not sure, would have to research a bit to see what other media reports were published about this, but have to go now.

I'm not sure, would have to research a bit to see what other media reports were published about this, but have to go now.

I have read several articles on this, and I believe that Eric was the boyfriend's friend. One article showed the boyfriend's name as "Todd" (although each time it was in quotes,, so that may be a name to protect true identity).

I was just reading up on this last night. I believe I saw that he has admitted to up to six murders. Can't find the article now, so I'll have to keep looking.

Prayers for her family.

I have an answer to your questions. Eric was her boyfriends friend. I grew up with both Eric and Todd and knew them well. Todd is quotations because that is his middle name and is the name he goes by. I am glad that they caught Eric and hope that there is some peace to be offered by knowing what happened at this monster is in jail and I hope they fry the *advertiser censored* and sooner than later.

An arrest was made Thursday in the case of Kristi O'Pry, a woman missing since 1996, Caddo Parish Sheriff Steve Prater said.

Eric Mickelson was already being held in the Caddo Parish Correctional Center on an unrelated murder charge when he was charged with second-degree murder in O'Pry's death.

Caddo Parish Sheriff's Detective Kay Ward stated in an arrest warrant that Mickelson confessed to her that he killed O'Pry on July 19, 1996, by strangling her with his hands. He then disposed of her body in a pond, but later moved the body to another location. Information provided by Mickelson was corroborated by evidence recovered from the pond, Ward said.

http://www.nola.com/newsflash/louis...s-34/1187901051146460.xml&storylist=louisiana

Hi, Meyahna. Welcome to WS!

I went to this link and it's about "Meagan Lynn McCleese", recently found living with a man after she's been missing for 3 years. That's quite a story in itself, especially since she's NOW 17 yrs old and per LE has "several kids". Sheesh. Poor thing.

Anyway, just wanted you to know that about the link. The O'Pry story sounds interesting too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back