Unidentified White Male

1332UMGA.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1332umga.html

The victim was discovered on October 29, 1987 in Tattnall County, Georgia
Estimated Date of Death: 1986
Skeletal Remains
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 19-30 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8"-5'10"; 150-160 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown
Clothing: Levis blue jeans; Converse All-Star sneakers, size 10 1/2; jockey briefs, size 28-32.
Personal Effects: Key to Honda motorcycle, 700-1000cc - 79 or later; door key from Ships Ahoy Cruise Agency.
Dentals: Teeth were in poor condition.
Case History
The remains of this male were found by hunters in the woods in Collins, GA on Pugh Farm, on October 29, 1987.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Georgia Bureau of Investigation
Statesboro
912-871-1121

How about this one?

Doe is here: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1332umga.html as it's not linked to above.

Missing person is here - William Carl Reed ("Bill")

BReed1.jpg
vs
1332UMGA.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/867dmar.html

Age is 31 - 1 year outside the range.

Height is 5'7" - 1" below the range.

Weight is 155 lbs - exactly the middle of the range.

Date of disappearance is three months before the UID was found, albeit a heck of a long way away. Remains were skeletal so possible - maybe a slight stretch. Distance from disappearance to recovery is approximately 930 miles - a long day's driving for a two man team.

Dentals - Bill Reed had a partial dental plate, which would have been caused either by an injury or severe dental decay. UID had teeth in poor condition - this could also include missing teeth, if the plate were removed by his attackers.

Bill resembles the reconstruction although he had a beard in the photographs provided. Coloring is a match.

Bill had a Honda motorcycle, but an 1100 so possibly outside the range for the key that was found with the UID.

I think Reed could be a possibility. Even though Illinois and Georgia are kind of far apart, I'd bet the killer would be willing to make the drive in order to cover up a heinous crime and throw off suspicion and all.

I feel strongest about Patrick Taylor. The UID description says that he died in 1986, which is when Patrick disappeared. He is also within the age range of the victim, as well as the correct height. He was in either Arkansas or Tenessee (right next to GA) when he disappeared, and the facial construction looks quite a bit like him. Taylor's weight is a bit more than the UID, but the body had been there for a year at least.

As for Thomas King, he is also above the UID weight, but again, I think it's an approximation on both sides and not set in stone. The biggest stretch is that he is from Maryland, which isn't exactly a day trip away from Georgia. Age, missing date, and height do match though.

Liveforyou, thanks for your comments.

Just a small thing - none of the men disappeared from Illinois. Reed was in Siloam Springs, AR, which is in the northwest corner of the state. Taylor was either in Memphis or West Memphis (basically one city across state lines) on the Arkansas/Tennessee border, so basically the whole state of Arkansas closer than Reed to the dump site - but still 590 miles or so away.

King is missing from Bowie, MD, which is between Baltimore and DC and about 642 miles away - still only a full day's drive.

He's now http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1332umga.html
https://identifyus.org/cases/4700

1332UMGA.jpg

Unidentified White Male

* The victim was discovered on October 29, 1987 in Tattnall County, Georgia
* Estimated Date of Death: 1986
* Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 19-30 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8"-5'10"; 150-160 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown
* Clothing: Levis blue jeans; Converse All-Star sneakers, size 10 1/2; jockey briefs, size 28-32.
* Personal Effects: Key to Honda motorcycle, 700-1000cc - 79 or later; door key from Ships Ahoy Cruise Agency.
* Dentals: Teeth were in poor condition.

Case History
The remains of this male were found by hunters in the woods in Collins, GA on Pugh Farm, on October 29, 1987.

One would think this would be easy to solve-how many Ships Ahoy Cruise Agencies could there have been at this time?

There is a Ships Ahoy Cruise Center in Cuyahoga Falls, OH; a Ships Ahoy Cruise Planners in Huntersville, NC-only been around for 20 years; Ships Ahoy Cruise in Tinley Park, IL-Operating since 2003 ; Ship Ahoy Cruises Showell, Maryland; Ship Ahoy Cruise and Travel, Palos Verdes, CA -in existence since 1943.; Ship Ahoy Cruise and Travel Pros, Mission KS -unknown how long in operation.

How about this guy?

Zbigniew Zalewski

http://en.zaginieni.pl/missing-and-...content&view=article&id=2&id_o=43738373030323

2319916720045078242S500x500Q851.jpg
1332UMGA.jpg

He went missing on 04-Dec-1986 (i.e., about 11 months before this John Doe was found). He is from Poland, but was thought to be somewhere in the U.S.

* His age (25) is consistent.
* His height (5'7") is a tad short, but not excessively so.
* The Ships Ahoy cruise agency key is what is interesting here. The cruise ships frequently hire Eastern Europeans to work as crew members.
* The resemblance is solid.

How about this guy?

Zbigniew Zalewski

http://en.zaginieni.pl/missing-and-...content&view=article&id=2&id_o=43738373030323

2319916720045078242S500x500Q851.jpg
1332UMGA.jpg

He went missing on 04-Dec-1986 (i.e., about 11 months before this John Doe was found). He is from Poland, but was thought to be somewhere in the U.S.

* His age (25) is consistent.
* His height (5'7") is a tad short, but not excessively so.
* The Ships Ahoy cruise agency key is what is interesting here. The cruise ships frequently hire Eastern Europeans to work as crew members.
* The resemblance is solid.

The resemblance and various features of the face are spot on!!! Amazing research Carl!!!

Wow Carl! He looks identical to the reconstruction. Great research!

I just called it in to the GBI Statesboro office. I spoke with Catherine Sapp. She was very polite, and said that she would pass this info on to the appropriate authorities.

I just called it in to the GBI Statesboro office. I spoke with Catherine Sapp. She was very polite, and said that she would pass this info on to the appropriate authorities.

Carl, if you found this UID on that site from poland let me know. I will pm you the contact information for the gal I have been emailing with in Poland. When I did that with the Will County doe, she contacted the Will county coroner directly from Poland regarding the possible match.

ETA: Never mind, I see that it is from that site. Will pm you the contact info shortly. Also, to stay within TOS if anyone else has any PM's from this site from Poland let me know and I will happily send the contact info.

I used the tip-form on the website to notify them that I had contacted GBI, and advised that if they had dentals or DNA on Zbigniew Zalewski, they should contact Catherine Sapp of GBI.

I received the following response:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the information,

The similarity is high. We will contact the family and the person responsible in this matter.

Best regards,

Aleksander Wejman
ITAKA - Centre for Missing People

This guy, who was just added to NamUs last week, seems a pretty reasonable possible for this John Doe:

James Dunn

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28758/0

4c64e926-7d65-4d78-aaaf-f69c06053c9e.jpg
1332UMGA.jpg

Age is right. Height is close. Timeline is right. His facial structure is very similar to the reconstruction. Give the recon a moustache and lighter hair, and I'd say he is pretty close.

Distance (about 150 miles) is kind of far given the circumstances. But maybe he caught a ride.

I went through two newspaper archives and couldn't find any articles about this guy or the incident recounted in the circumstances section.

There are several James Howard Dunn's, however, and I'm not sure whether I had the right one.

Carl, if you found this UID on that site from poland let me know. I will pm you the contact information for the gal I have been emailing with in Poland. When I did that with the Will County doe, she contacted the Will county coroner directly from Poland regarding the possible match.

ETA: Never mind, I see that it is from that site. Will pm you the contact info shortly. Also, to stay within TOS if anyone else has any PM's from this site from Poland let me know and I will happily send the contact info.

I was wondering if you had ever heard back about Zbigniew Zalewski (even if he isn't this particular John Doe)? Was he ever reported missing to LE in the United States (IIRC, I think he was last seen in Chicago?)? Awhile back, I was looking at him as a possible match to another UID, yet I didn't get very far because the only information I could find was what was on that particular website and I wasn't really sure if he had lost touch with his family or his disappearance was more sinister.

I was wondering if you had ever heard back about Zbigniew Zalewski (even if he isn't this particular John Doe)? Was he ever reported missing to LE in the United States (IIRC, I think he was last seen in Chicago?)? Awhile back, I was looking at him as a possible match to another UID, yet I didn't get very far because the only information I could find was what was on that particular website and I wasn't really sure if he had lost touch with his family or his disappearance was more sinister.

No, I never heard back on Zalewski.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back