Teens Charged With Hate Crime

bakerprune64

Former Member
Reaction score
For Beating Teen With His Prosthetic Leg
A southeast Missouri teenager is recovering after being attacked with his own prosthetic leg.

Michael Williams of Cape Girardeau was attacked around 1 a.m. Sunday in an apartment complex parking lot. Police say two other teens in a car pulled alongside Williams, an 18-year-old who is missing half his right arm and wears a prosthetic leg due to a birth defect.

One of the teens grabbed Williams' prosthetic leg and hit him with it.

http://ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=103117

What in anybody's life, makes them think it's okay to do something like this! I hope they both get the maximum penalty.

This is disgusting and shows their parents raised disgusting bullies..

That being said... I can't stand te laws and reference to "hate crimes"
IMO ANY attack on another is a crime out of hate.
It certainly isn't one stemming from warm fuzzy feelings.
I think if race or disability is a factor then judges should hand out the harshest sentence they can.

If you harm someone then you have harmed someone.. Its all hateful.

It's not hard enough to deal with the reality of being differently abled, people have to go and do such stupid things. I hope the victim realizes that it's much better to be without a flesh and blood arm and leg than it would be to be without a kind heart and a compassionate brain.

GlitchWizard said:
It's not hard enough to deal with the reality of being differently abled, people have to go and do such stupid things. I hope the victim realizes that it's much better to be without a flesh and blood arm and leg than it would be to be without a kind heart and a compassionate brain.
Very well put.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back