GUILTY TX - Doris Phillips, 81, Ellis County, 25 July 2006

Pandora

Reaction score
Police believe Body of Doris Phillips, Aunt of NBC’s Stone Phillips, has been Found
September 9th, 2006
Police believe they have located the body of Doris Phillips who has been missing since July 2006 when she was last seen on the 25th.

Officials said, Doris Phillips, 81, was last seen Monday morning along U.S. Route 287 near Old Church Road between Waxahachie and Ennis and was last heard from on Tuesday.

Doris Phillips is the aunt of NBC Dateline anchor Stone Phillips. The woman’s body is being transported to the State Medical Examiners office in Dallas, TX for positive identification. Doris Phillips was found in an abandoned farm house as they were led to the location by the man in custody.
Source: www.missingexploited.com

(Pardon me if there is another post on Mrs. Phillips; I did not see it.)

Body of Stone Phillips' aunt is found

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/091006dntexphillips.8169f124.html

BARDWELL – Ellis County sheriff's officials said Saturday that they expect to charge a 49-year-old man with capital murder in the death of Doris Phillips, the elderly aunt of Dateline NBC anchor Stone Phillips.

Although authorities described the man as a "longtime friend" of Mrs. Phillips – who had been missing since July 26 – they would not say how the two knew each other.

and
Mrs. Phillips' 50-year-old son, John Phillips, said he knows the man and had suspected him in his mother's disappearance. He would not say why.

Mr. Phillips also said his mother seemed to be warning her family and friends of impending doom in the two weeks before she disappeared.

"There were things she said to her neighbors," Mr. Phillips said. "She felt like she was being watched. ... She was picking up on some things."

Mr. Phillips did not elaborate, saying he didn't want to hinder the investigation.

He said he's relieved his mother's body was found so she can have a proper memorial service.

"It's difficult, but there's also great relief," he said. "There's relief, anger and joy of knowing this nightmare has a light at the end of the tunnel."

Mrs. Phillips acted in several low-budget films, and her son said he wants to show at her memorial service a never-released movie about racism filmed in the 1990s and starring his mother.

Thanks for posting this, Pandora. I've been watching my RSS feed for news on this since Mrs. Phillips went missing and haven't seen any updates.

Not the ending I'd hoped for, but at least some closure for the family.

From January 2008:

http://www.tdcaa.com/node/1894

An Ellis County jury sentenced a Duncanville man to life in prison on Monday for killing the elderly aunt of former Dateline NBC anchor Stone Phillips.

Miguel Arciba, 50, sat stone-faced as the judge announced the verdict in the capital murder trial in the death of Doris Phillips...

Mrs. Phillips, 81, had been missing for more than a month before Mr. Arciba led authorities to her decomposed body in an abandoned Ellis County farmhouse in September 2006. Mrs. Phillips had a fractured skull and a fractured hip and had died of blunt force trauma, officials said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back