Barbara Walters Says Her Dog Talked to Her

englishleigh

Authentic Southern Belle
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14801867/from/RS.1/

‘View’ host says Havanese dog Cha-Cha said ‘I love you’

NEW YORK - Has Barbara Walters lost it?

Some of her co-hosts on “The View” may think so after her claim today about her Havanese dog Cha-Cha.

Walters says when she told Cha-Cha she loved her, Cha-Cha said “I love you” back.

:rolleyes:

she is losing it alright,first the brad pitt dream now this---used to watch the View all the time but only the first ten minutes,Meredith Viera would bring something up,and they'd comment---but now its unwatchable--today Rosie was fighting with others,arguing about war and terror blah blah---too much tension on that show now--it used to be relaxing--hope its cancelled soon

I saw that this a.m. It was hilarious, they were all having a good time saying how BW was losing it.

I know BW loves that dog more than life so I don't doubt that she thinks Cha-Cha talked to her.

looks like early signs of mental deterioration,she's getting so old she needs to retire---she must be really lonely to think her dog talked to her--of course,people do get attached to their pets--we had a calico cat that we loved more than life itself,and when she died,we were(and are stil)devastated--but when she was alive we never thought she actually "talked" to us

Peter Hamilton said:
she is losing it alright,first the brad pitt dream now this---used to watch the View all the time but only the first ten minutes,Meredith Viera would bring something up,and they'd comment---but now its unwatchable--today Rosie was fighting with others,arguing about war and terror blah blah---too much tension on that show now--it used to be relaxing--hope its cancelled soon

Did you see this morning when Barbara said something while laughing and Rosie leaned over and said something. Barbara actually snapped at her - said "I was joking" turned away abruptly and carried on sweetly to the others?

I don't know what they were talking about (only had it on for those few minutes) but I think nerves are fraying. I may just have to tune in more!

OOH. It sounds awful; I'm glad I don't watch it. I do like Joy? is it.

That said, I used to really like Babawawa on 20/20; but I did notice her thinning hair and age; but old men stay on the air, so why not her? I agree, it's time tho'

I would have thought she was "joking"; but I swear my cat spoke to me every time I came in the house. It was just a certain meow and she looked right at me. It sounded kind of like a quick "hi".

She was a very special calico cat. People love their pets. But I told my aunt that, and she "laughed and told me I was crazy".

But everyone has a special relationship with their animals; I have a little white scottie now that cozies up to me whereever I sleep or sit. She puts her head right across my ankle. If I have lotion on, she licks me. She just seems like a special dog to me.

I saw a lady on a program once who had taught her dog to say I love you. Of course, it didn't sound like a human but like a dog, so I don't doubt Barbara. She probably says that to her dog all the time and it is mimicking the same type sounds to get a treat or extra praise.

The other night on America's Funniest Videos they had clips of dogs talking... They said... "I love you." and "I love ma-ma."

Maybe, Barbara has just told this poor dog that she loves it so much that the dog is trying to shock Baba Wawa into silence! :D

okay, not to defend bw, but our dog, who is half maltese is really in touch with our feelings (although he doesn't talk). but, everytime i'm upstairs, sick or sad (silently, he will cry). for some weird reason, it's almost like he's psychic when i don't feel well. and if i tell him i love him, he will *advertiser censored* his head to the side and look at me like a human. i believe animals can be that in touch with us, however, mine doesn't talk. maybe her little dog just sounds like he is talking.

yeah, i agree with you all about the show. it used to be mellow. for as much as people criticized star jones, there were many mellow days (probably thanks to meredith). i wonder how the ratings are doing. are they up because people like the arguing?

Peter Hamilton said:

I agree that she's losing it. She just says more and more bizarre things. Especially when she was talking about how she washes her own underwear out.

kato said:
I agree that she's losing it. She just says more and more bizarre things. Especially when she was talking about how she washes her own underwear out.

Maybe she's starting to get a little dementia, or Alzheimers? It's so common now; people are living longer. You don't realize it when you're first getting it.

ellen13 said:
okay, not to defend bw, but our dog, who is half maltese is really in touch with our feelings (although he doesn't talk). but, everytime i'm upstairs, sick or sad (silently, he will cry). for some weird reason, it's almost like he's psychic when i don't feel well. and if i tell him i love him, he will *advertiser censored* his head to the side and look at me like a human. i believe animals can be that in touch with us, however, mine doesn't talk. maybe her little dog just sounds like he is talking.
I totally agree with you Ellen. This is why dogs are very helpful to people suffering from depression. My dog can read my mood instantly, and when I am sad, she just lays her head on my lap and stares at me with her big brown eyes. Now, we joke around and say that she talks to us but basically if we make whining, crying noises she mimics it pretty damn well.

Unfortunately, I think Barbara may be losing it lately. I really think she should take a step back and not be on the View so much, like when the show started.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back