Stuffed reindeer, young lad handcuffed

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
news link
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The stuffed reindeer had apparently gotten out of hand so 6-year-old Kevon Gorham, who wants to be a police officer, handcuffed one of his favorite toys.

Just to make sure the animal didn't run, or fly, away, the child attached one end of the toy handcuffs to his own wrist. And that meant the family had to call the real police Wednesday.

"I was watching TV in the bedroom and he came in there with handcuffs on. He was crying, and he said he couldn't get it off," said the boy's mother, Rolandra Wright, who tried to remove the handcuff.

North Charleston police patrolman Phillip Alger arrived and tried a key to his handcuffs and then bolt cutters. But he couldn't use the cutters without hurting the boy.

Then three firefighters arrived and tried soapy water and a bigger pair of bolt cutters, but again to no avail.

Poor little guy. Maybe next time, he'll put that reindeer into time out!

:laugh:
kgeaux said:
Poor little guy. Maybe next time, he'll put that reindeer into time out!
Thanks for the post Kgeaux.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

When I first read the caption above I thought ...

"what the heck was the child doing with handcuffs?"
But the article states these were toy handcuffs.

That is a little scarry. I thought the toy ones all have the release feature on them?

I won't even say what I thought when I read the headline. LOL.... I thought someone was kind of "lonely" if ya know what I mean.

Amraann said:
When I first read the caption above I thought ...

"what the heck was the child doing with handcuffs?"
But the article states these were toy handcuffs.

That is a little scarry. I thought the toy ones all have the release feature on them?

Amraann, years ago my kids got ahold of a pair of handcuffs that apparently had been purchased from a local army surplus store. Hubby, being the mature grownup that most men are, handcuffed himself to a kitchen chair. THEN he asked for the key........nope, the kids knew nothing about a key.

I let him sit there for awhile, then I called my very good friend who is a cop and he was able to get Walt out of the handcuffs quickly. That friend still ribs us about this "kinky" side we displayed!!

kgeaux said:
Amraann, years ago my kids got ahold of a pair of handcuffs that apparently had been purchased from a local army surplus store. Hubby, being the mature grownup that most men are, handcuffed himself to a kitchen chair. THEN he asked for the key........nope, the kids knew nothing about a key.

I let him sit there for awhile, then I called my very good friend who is a cop and he was able to get Walt out of the handcuffs quickly. That friend still ribs us about this "kinky" side we displayed!!

That is hysterical!!
Now see when I have handcuffs I always have the key;)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back