If John is so convinced.......

Brefie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, this has probably been said before, but I have never seen it.

If John is / was so convinced that the ransome note is 'childish', then why not wake Burke immediately to see if this was a prank that both children were playing on him?

Brefie said:

If John is / was so convinced that the ransome note is 'childish', then why not wake Burke immediately to see if this was a prank that both children were playing on him?
IMO, the note was childish, but not THAT childish. I can't imagine a young boy writing this note and suspect JR felt the same. JMHO of course.

Thanks for the reply. I hate to start threads, but I was really curious about this one!

Brefie said:

Hi, Brefie, I don't think the ransom note is childish in any way. At the time JonBenet was murdered Timothy McVeigh was in jail in Denver for civil terrorism, and the nations focus was on foreign terrorists (factions?).

Brefie said:
Thanks for the reply. I hate to start threads, but I was really curious about this one!
It's really a good question. Because,if he even though for a moment that it was truly written by a child, then I think you are 100% right on.

JBean said:
It's really a good question. Because,if he even though for a moment that it was truly written by a child, then I think you are 100% right on.
I just read at acandyrose that (much later) the Ramsey's recanted their story about Burke not being awake. 1st they said he was asleep until they went upstairs and awakened him, told him his sister had gone to live with Jesus and then they got him ready to go to the White's house. Much later, they admitted that had not been the case and explained that Burke awakened at the sound of a scream (...in the morning when the ransom note was found). Actually, it seems if I remember correctly, that they may have even adjusted that corrected version a third time as well...

I'll go see if I can find it again and link it here.............

Ooooh, please do.

I hate when I read this stuff. Well, love-hate it, but it makes me so mad that these folks were never made to stand trial.

Ok, I found it. It isn't pretty for several reasons. 1st it was found by acandyrose on the internet and credit is given to two people for writing the article, but the person who transcribed it and put it on the internet is still apparently unknown, which leaves tons of holes in the credibility of the story.

To make it worse it was originally transcribed from a 2001 interview of John and Patsy granted to the NE. I was expecting to read this and see something about an alien abduction and laugh and click on the "<Back" button at the top of the page so that I could go to another section of acandyrose that was more credible. BUT, after reading the entire transcribed article it sounded more beleivable than I had expected, so I just filed it into a "possibly true" file in my brain... :banghead: You can be the judge yourself. Here is the link:

http://www.acandyrose.com/04032001enquirer.htm

Below is Quoted from the above linked article at acandyrose. I hope you don't mind me putting it here on this thread. I just thought it does pertain to the thought process of both John and Patsy.

I found the quotes below interesting because, if true, it seems as if both John and Patsy are distancing themselves from JonBenet or at least from her murder. That might be considered a normal reaction by parents of a murdered child. Then again, it might point to the suspicion that they are so distancing because they were involved in covering it up or in the actual murder??? Who knows. I first majored in psychology but changed my major before getting my degree so I'm no expert!

"There's someone around here that's killing people." "Killing People" ???? "People"???? Someone killed her DAUGHTER! I certainly would never have used the word people... I would have said in an outrage, 'Someone here killed MY DAUGHTER'!

If Patsy thinks Nedra would 'come back from the dead' to tell her who murdered her daughter, why on Earth does she think JonBenet would not have done the same thing???

John says JBR is not the age when she died, (6) but rather 2 or 3 which is considered a much more innocent age. I often dream of people at different ages than they are or were at the time of the dream. I doubt that this is uncommon at all, but I still thought it was interesting that at 2 or 3 JBR would have been prior to Pagent Life...when she was just a tiny, sweet, innocent little girl.

Quote from article at acandyrose:
In the years since the murder, Patsy said she has been haunted by a recurring nightmare about that tragic Christmas night.

"I am in Boulder and walking the alleyways, the alleys behind our home -- and just searching and searching and searching. And you know I'll come upon a group of people standing there.

And I'll say be careful, be careful, there's someone around here that's killing people. I have that dream over and over.

"I kind of picture myself sitting up kind of toward the Flatirons (part of the Rocky Mountains overlooking Boulder) and just wondering in which house the murderer resides."

John also has recurring dreams involving JonBenet -- but not as a 6-year-old, her age at the time of her death.

"She's usually about 2 or 3 years old and I'm holding her," John said, describing the dreams as "very comforting. I wake up with a very close feeling."

Patsy revealed she talked about her daughter -- whom she called Jonnie B. -- in her last conversation with her mother Nedra Paugh, who died recently.

"You know you're going to be with Jonnie B. soon and you're gonna know everything soon," Patsy said she told Nedra. Then she added: "If anybody can come back and tell me, I know she will."

Patsy was the last person to see JonBenet alive, sleeping in her bed -- "zonked," as she put it.

She said she kissed her daughter and recited the prayer, "Now I lay me down to sleep." But she can't remember if there was a blanket on the bed, or if it was the one JonBenet was wrapped in when her body was found in a windowless basement room the next day.

Pressed for further details of that night, Patsy responded like a woman who has had lawyers in her life for too many years: "It was 4 1/2 years ago. I have not rehearsed or reread my previous statements."

In closing, Patsy said she "would love nothing more from The National ENQUIRER than to say "The ENQUIRER finds the killer.'" And if that happened, she added "I'll be your poster for for the rest of my life."

Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner would not comment on the Ramsey interview.

He was asleep. No, he was awake but in bed pretending to sleep. No, he was awake and up and asking questions. AAAAAGGH!

"IMO, the note was childish, but not THAT childish. I can't imagine a young boy writing this note and suspect JR felt the same. JMHO of course."

Maybe, JBean, but wouldn't you want to be sure?

"Hi, Brefie, I don't think the ransom note is childish in any way. At the time JonBenet was murdered Timothy McVeigh was in jail in Denver for civil terrorism, and the nations focus was on foreign terrorists (factions?)."

I've mentioned this several times: only a few months before JB's murder, the name "Osama bin Laden" had first become really known to America at large.

"Well, love-hate it, but it makes me so mad that these folks were never made to stand trial."

How do you think I feel?!

I don't remember the exact source, sorry, but at some point Burke did admit he heard the house creaking during the night. Maybe this had happened before and he'd been taught to lie low and mind his own business?

Good question, in the opening post, whether or not JR felt the note was childish. He probably knew Burke wouldn't be thinking about beheading, and also they'd already checked JonBenet's bedroom, knew she was missing.

I never have any one fave theory, always say I'm an FS, fence sitter, a "faction" here, but picture this POSSIBLE scenario.

When the R's returned from a Texas trip, someone said JBR seemed to have lost her look of innocence.

This INTERNATIONAL pedophile ring that supposedly was busted in Boulder just before the murder may have had a ring leader in Texas and the molestation, a deal maybe to insure continued business and pageant success, maybe started then? Nobody in Boulder would want to attract the attention of the ring leaders who were probably left, incl FW, "hence" the sick mother story which forums have debunked.

Maybe this would also explain the anti-ANXIETY and depression pills the R's were both taking before the murder, to sleep, right? And they assumed the children would be safe sleeping on the floor below them because they were cooperating, submitting to this international ring? Just a thought fwiw.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back