GUILTY CA - Nina Reiser, 31, Oakland, 3 September 2006

Thanks for the article. I had heard her boyfriend speaking a few days ago and couldn't find any info here at the time. This is a very suspicious missing person case.

I wish I could remember what exactly got my hinkey up but I don't want to quote something I am not sure of at this time.

Police: 'All Avenues Led Back To Mr. Reiser'

Authorities would not discuss what evidence they have, but they did say Hans Reiser will be charged and the case will proceed with or without Nina Reiser's body, NBC11's Ethan Harp reported.

"We explored all avenues of her life," Joyner said. "All avenues led back to Mr. Reiser being responsible."

http://www.nbc11.com/news/10046048/detail.html

Anyone got a pic of Mr Reiser?

cbs article

Hans Reiser in wikipedia

sfgate article

"Hans Reiser, 42, was taken into custody at 11 a.m., hours after Oakland police and FBI technicians searched his home in the Oakland hills. His estranged wife, Nina Reiser, 31, has been missing since Sept. 3, when she dropped off the couple's son and daughter at his home on the 6900 block of Exeter Drive..."

Hans Reiser is famous for his filesystem, ReiserFS, that most distributions of Linux use. The story has so many interesting details:

- the estranged wife was having an affair with Reiser's former financial agent, Sean Sturgeon.

- Sturgeon allegedly drugged Nina Reiser with ecstasy to seduce her

- Sturgeon according to Reiser, "engaged in Bondage, Domination, Sadism and Masochism techniques and continued to redrug [nina] repeatedly over time."

- Sturgeon supposedly has links to criminal underworld

- "DEATH YOGA"...

Sounds like the DP is in order:

Police: 'All Avenues Led Back To Mr. Reiser'

Authorities would not discuss what evidence they have, but they did say Hans Reiser will be charged and the case will proceed with or without Nina Reiser's body, NBC11's Ethan Harp reported.

"We explored all avenues of her life," Joyner said. "All avenues led back to Mr. Reiser being responsible."

http://www.nbc11.com/news/10046048/detail.html

Okay, reading all the articles, I'm really curious what evidence the police have on Hans Reiser. Also, what makes them think Nina was actually murdered?

I doubt very much that Hans murdered his wife. He is highly intelligent and a borderline genius so if he did, I cannot believe that the evidence would be so easy to come by. If he were to kill anyone, it would be Sturgeon.

Link to site devoted to finding Nina Reiser

Jacobi said:
Okay, reading all the articles, I'm really curious what evidence the police have on Hans Reiser. Also, what makes them think Nina was actually murdered?

I doubt very much that Hans murdered his wife. He is highly intelligent and a borderline genius so if he did, I cannot believe that the evidence would be so easy to come by. If he were to kill anyone, it would be Sturgeon.

Link to site devoted to finding Nina Reiser
I believe that he did murder his wife. He sounds like a nut. He is accusing his financial guy, Sturgeon, of drugging and seducing his wife. Yet, another article say Anthony G... is her boyfriend.

Perhaps, they used luminol in his house and are able to trace large amounts of blood throughout the house.

The police must have some kind of evidence to indicate a murder was committed.

Some points:-

1. Did she go shopping before or after dropping off the kids? (sep 3)

2. Surely the kids are his alibi? Or am I misunderstanding how the police think it went down...

nanandjim said:
I believe that he did murder his wife. He sounds like a nut. He is accusing his financial guy, Sturgeon, of drugging and seducing his wife. Yet, another article say Anthony G... is her boyfriend.

Perhaps, they used luminol in his house and are able to trace large amounts of blood throughout the house.

The police must have some kind of evidence to indicate a murder was committed.
If Nina was into the whole bdsm thing, then it stands to reason that Anthony was as well. Maybe they were into group activities?

And murder with the kids present, then ditch the car? He's too clever for that. If she was killed then it was definitely not premeditated, maybe he went into a rage and knocked her against the door, then rolled her up in the carpet to dispose of her body. Hmm. Many questions...

Jacobi said:
If Nina was into the whole bdsm thing, then it stands to reason that Anthony was as well. Maybe they were into group activities?

And murder with the kids present, then ditch the car? He's too clever for that. If she was killed then it was definitely not premeditated, maybe he went into a rage and knocked her against the door, then rolled her up in the carpet to dispose of her body. Hmm. Many questions...
I don't believe that she was in to the "bdsm." Who, other than her husband, says that she was? Is there any proof?

Here's another article that says, "Law enforcement sources said biological evidence that can place the missing woman in a car her husband had access to is a strong part of the circumstantial case against him. They would not say what the biological evidence is, but the term usually includes blood, hair or other body fluids.

The link to the car is important because Nina Reiser's friends have told authorities she never would have voluntarily ridden in a car with him."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/ci_4470810

nanandjim said:
I don't believe that she was in to the "bdsm." Who, other than her husband, says that she was? Is there any proof?
He'd need to find the contract he claims was written up for the "Death Yoga". Contracts are pretty standard in bdsm relationships that run to that level. It doesn't really matter though, if she was or was not into bdsm - that would have nothing to do with it if her husband killed her. I'd like to learn more of the evidence against him because if she dropped her kids off with her husband - seems like they'd have been around to get in the way of a murder.

Slashdot - News for nerds has this to say:

kimvette writes,
"While the disappearance (and possible murder) of his wife is tragic, Linux users will wonder where this will leave Reiser 4. If Reiser is found guilty, will Novell or IBM pick up the pieces and finish up Reiser 4 for inclusion in the kernel or is this the end of the Reiser filesystem project? Will there be any future for the Reiser filesystem, and if Hans is found guilty and the project is continued, will the project be renamed to avoid notoriety?"

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/06/10/11/0142216.shtml

they're worried about the software development . . . :doh:

where is the body? if he did do it, i'll bet this 'borderline genius' has disposed of his wife's body very thoroughly. :(

Floh said:
Slashdot - News for nerds has this to say:

kimvette writes,
"While the disappearance (and possible murder) of his wife is tragic, Linux users will wonder where this will leave Reiser 4. If Reiser is found guilty, will Novell or IBM pick up the pieces and finish up Reiser 4 for inclusion in the kernel or is this the end of the Reiser filesystem project? Will there be any future for the Reiser filesystem, and if Hans is found guilty and the project is continued, will the project be renamed to avoid notoriety?"

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/06/10/11/0142216.shtml

they're worried about the software development . . . :doh:
I have to admit I was also wondering what would happen to the Reiser filesystem. eek.

Floh said:
where is the body? if he did do it, i'll bet this 'borderline genius' has disposed of his wife's body very thoroughly. :(
Would he have had the time? Where were the kids? Why not torch the minivan to destroy all the evidence?

-- I just read that Hans Reiser's mother also lives at the home??

Jacobi said:
I have to admit I was also wondering what would happen to the Reiser filesystem. eek.
:slap:

Jacobi said:
Would he have had the time? Where were the kids? Did he drop the kids off at their grandma's? Why not torch the minivan to destroy all the evidence?

all questions i would imagine L.E. have investigated in exquisite detail.

torching the minivan may have drawn too much attention at the time and someone may have noticed him there.

where were the kids? i expect there is an answer to this which we'll learn in time.

at present, L.E. appear to be holding their cards to their chest, for some reason.

i really find it hard to believe they'd arrest him with no evidence of what he was up to back then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back