The shortest distance between two points is a straight line...

angelwngs

Reaction score
Imagine for a second that you could/would/did cover-up the truth of your 6 year old daughter's death...

~What person's involvement in an "accidental injury" which caused the death of your child could you and your husband possibly agree to cover-up?

~If your child had injuries to her private parts, who could have been responsible for these injuries for which you would be willing to help cover-up?

I have asked these questions of my husband, three of my cousins and myself today. All five answers were exactly the same.

The conclusion we all came to was:

~There would never be reason to cover-up an accidental death without the molestation/injuries.

~The only person a parent would cover-up the death of one of their children for, (by going to the extremes used in this case), would be if another of the parent's other children were responsible for the molestation/injuries.

~We know that that it has been reported that LHP said she caught Burke 'playing doctor'.

~The accident/rage head injury could have been caused by any of the three Ramsey's or EVEN by JonBenet accidently falling down a set of spiral stairs...

~The important thing is if we "believe" that Burke caused the injuries to JBR's private parts, either or both John and Patsy could, indeed, have been convinced to go along with this to cover-up any type of accident that caused/led to the death of JBR.

angelwngs said:
~We know that that Burke was caught 'playing doctor'.

Sorry, angelwing, but how do we know this? I've either missed it or forgotten about it.

Cypros said:
Sorry, angelwing, but how do we know this? I've either missed it or forgotten about it.
I have read about it in reports on other websites and I have posted about it several times here at WS. Each time I have read about it it was referenced to as quoting statements by Linda Hoffman Pugh, the housekeeper.

It has been referenced bunches of times on several different threads in the JBR forum~

In one, Ivy posted it in 2004 here:
Quote-"I recall reading somewhere early in the case that Linda Hoffman Pugh, the housekeeper, saw the two children under the sheets in Burke's bed on at least one occasion and suspected something sexual was going on. Another time, LHP walked into Burkes bedroom to put some clean clothes into his chest of drawers and Burke and JonBenet were in a blanket tent on the floor. Burke yelled at LHP, "GET OUT!"

Quote-Toltec~snip~"JonBenet's death was an accident..and then turned into a coverup. Whomever was molesting JonBenet had access to her that day and possibly a few days before her death.

A six-year-old is sheltered by her parents and does not have the free will to go places...and to go with people without her parents approval or guidance. The only person I believe touched JonBenet is Burke...but I would call that "playing doctor"....that is what LHP said when she caught the two in the act. So it stands to reason that if they played doctor once, they'll play it again. Before I get sued by Burke...this is a statement by LHP, not me."

SuperDave has posted here about the tent and LHP's recount of BR 'playing doctor'.

Several others have posted about it here as well.

angelwngs said:
Imagine for a second that you could/would/did cover-up the truth of your 6 year old daughter's death...

~What person's involvement in an "accidental injury" which caused the death of your child could you and your husband possibly agree to cover-up?

~If your child had injuries to her private parts, who could have been responsible for these injuries for which you would be willing to help cover-up?

I have asked these questions of my husband, three of my cousins and myself today. All five answers were exactly the same.

The conclusion we all came to was:

~There would never be reason to cover-up an accidental death without the molestation/injuries.

~The only person a parent would cover-up the death of one of their children for, (by going to the extremes used in this case), would be if another of the parent's other children were responsible for the molestation/injuries.

~We know that that it has been reported that LHP said she caught Burke 'playing doctor'.

~The accident/rage head injury could have been caused by any of the three Ramsey's or EVEN by JonBenet accidently falling down a set of spiral stairs...

~The important thing is if we "believe" that Burke caused the injuries to JBR's private parts, either or both John and Patsy could, indeed, have been convinced to go along with this to cover-up any type of accident that caused/led to the death of JBR.

I've wondered the same thing and I agree with your assessment. I can't see either of these particular parents being willing to cover for the other who'd been molesting and ultimately murdered their child. Especially a mother! If you found your husband had been violating your baby and then he murdered her, your last instinct would be to *save* his *advertiser censored* it would be to kill him! The only remotely rational conclusion (not that there necessarily is a rational conclusion) is that these parents covered up this crime because their other child did it.
As bad as it may sound, in some ways I hope this is what happened as it's the only scenario that makes the Ramsey's actions *somewhat* understandable.

Thank you, angelwngs. I really did miss that information. What sticks in my memory from the statements of LHP is her description of what went on in the bathroom between Patsy and JB.

"Playing Doctor" is, of course, a common behavior of children at that age and so it would not surprise me if Burke was responsible for the previous sexual molestation and possibly again that night. It is possible that something happened while the kids played doctor that caused JB's head injury. The parents then discovered what had happened and covered for Burke. What I absolutely do not believe is the theory that Burke involved JB in autoerotic asphyxiation or that he wrote the ransom note.

Cypros said:
Thank you, angelwngs. I really did miss that information. What sticks in my memory from the statements of LHP is her description of what went on in the bathroom between Patsy and JB.

"Playing Doctor" is, of course, a common behavior of children at that age and so it would not surprise me if Burke was responsible for the previous sexual molestation and possibly again that night. It is possible that something happened while the kids played doctor that caused JB's head injury. The parents then discovered what had happened and covered for Burke. What I absolutely do not believe is the theory that Burke involved JB in autoerotic asphyxiation or that he wrote the ransom note.

I agree with this 100%.

With the 'Sunday school' notepad's reported drawings of a 'female with correctly drawn genitalia down to the finest details' credited as having been drawn by BR, it lends credence to LHP's reported accounts of walking in on what can be assumed as JBR and BR " playing Doctor.

It could be possible that PR DID GO to take JBR to the potty prior to going to bed or at the usual 'midnight' routine time. Maybe PR found JBR and BR involved in exploration and PR went into a fit. JBR's head injury could have "accidently" happened during the raging scene that could have followed.

That would explain the need for the elaborate cover-up. PR could have then been assigned to write the ransom note while JR took care of the sadistic/cover-up of the body using the garotte, the paintbrush, and the nightgown.

It would explain the nightgown being placed with the body which was later planned to be taken elsewhere. Once at it's final destination the body could have been redressed in the nightgown and the size 12 bloomies and 'other odd night clothes' removed and destroyed.

The note then makes sense, too.

Something must have happened to have altered the plan, causing them to realize that witnesses might see them leave the home to dispose of the body. This would also explain why they said JBR was asleep and carried into the home not waking up. If she had been awake BR, PR and JR became stronger suspects.

It also explains the reports that the R's changed their statement that BR awakened by PR screaming when she found the RN and was then sent back into his room to go back to sleep. (edited to delete incorrect time BR left his home to stay at FW's home for the day)

It explains "lawyering up" and it explains JR's desire for a quick exit out of Boulder. It explains both the R adult's odd behavior the morning of the 26th and to date! It even explains why JR wanted to leave the country in the JMK fiasco! If this scenerio was true he KNEW that JMK's 'arrest' was going to blow up into the mess it became.

So...the R's arrived home the night of the 25th. They could have all walked into the house together. JBR does indeed help carry things into the house as BR suggested. JR helps BR with 'some toy'. PR is busy gathering clothes for the lake trip. BR says he is hungry. BR and PR get the bowl, the pineapple and the glass for water. PR fixes a cup of hot tea and drinks it while BR eats some pineapple and drinks his water. JBR runs into the kitchen and picks up several pieces of pineapple with her fingers and eats them. PR drapes her teabag in BR's empty water glass, and puts her coffee cup in the dishwasher. She leaves the kitchen as she tells the kids to head upstairs to start getting ready for bed and that she will be up soon.

Maybe she even accidently set this whole night up for total disaster herself, running the tub of water and telling BR and JBR to get a quick bath together...while she finished throwing things together for the lake trip, the cruise, and the upcoming pagent. Maybe...... she was using BR as a babysitter/caregiver for her to finish doing her last minute details. When she walked into the bathroom, maybe she went into a rage over them 'playing doctor' in the tub. Now, with two wet, slippery children a bathroom accident takes on new meaning.........Maybe not...

There are a million and one possibilities of how it could have happened, but when you add in the possibility of BR exploring the differences in boys and girls, the entire 'cover-up' of abuse and an accidental head injury makes more sense to me.

That does make sense;ST's book said BR didn't behave the way the psych's said a normal child would have,knowing his sis was murdered.He was never afraid,as he should have been.

I just had a thought. I don't think I've read it anywhere before.

Perhaps Burke was responsible for the head injury, perhaps while playing doctor. PR and/or JR come to JBR's aid but she is unconscious. They hesitate to seek medical help because JBR has been sexually assaulted. They send Burke to bed and try to tend to JBR. She appears to be dead, and they now are concerned about Burke's reaction to killing his own sister. That decide to stage the whole thing about a kidnapping and strangulation to protect Burke -- not just from the LE but from himself! The idea was that he would be told that JBR was killed by an intruder and that her death had nothing to do with the accident earlier that night.

Is it possible that the Ramseys would go to such extremes as to strangle their own daughter (who they believed to already be dead) in order to protect their son from the lifelong guilt of killing his sister???

Cypros said:

Perhaps Burke was responsible for the head injury, perhaps while playing doctor. PR and/or JR come to JBR's aid but she is unconscious. They hesitate to seek medical help because JBR has been sexually assaulted. They send Burke to bed and try to tend to JBR. She appears to be dead, and they now are concerned about Burke's reaction to killing his own sister. That decide to stage the whole thing about a kidnapping and strangulation to protect Burke -- not just from the LE but from himself! The idea was that he would be told that JBR was killed by an intruder and that her death had nothing to do with the accident earlier that night.

Is it possible that the Ramseys would go to such extremes as to strangle their own daughter (who they believed to already be dead) in order to protect their son from the lifelong guilt of killing his sister???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That would work if JBR slipped and fell in the tub while "playing doctor" with Burke too. Even if it was an accidental fall, Burke would have probably blamed himself for her fall unless he was 'made to believe' the kidnapping/murder cover-up was TRUTH.

Come to think of it my mom put my brother and me in the tub together to take a bath often and there was 6 years difference between us! I put my own children in the tub together. There is 3 years difference between them and they are both boys, but I never left them alone (together or by themselves) in the tub.

angelwngs said:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That would work if JBR slipped and fell in the tub while "playing doctor" with Burke too. Even if it was an accidental fall, Burke would have probably blamed himself for her fall unless he was 'made to believe' the kidnapping/murder cover-up was TRUTH.

Yes. If the head injury in any way involved Burke, the parents may have felt it was important that he not feel responsible for his sisters death. A story of an intruder who strangled JBR would relieve his guilt.

Cypros said:
Yes. If the head injury in any way involved Burke, the parents may have felt it was important that he not feel responsible for his sisters death. A story of an intruder who strangled JBR would relieve his guilt.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I have heard of young siblings accidentally killing a younger brother or sister. I have often considered the horror of the child still living having to live with that guilt. I just never considered it as being a factor in this case!

Cypros, you might just be onto something here! :clap:

Cypros said:

The theory that the R's staged the whole thing to protect Burke from himself as he was the killer, has been around for ages.
Someone had a web site dedicated to that theory...can't think of it right now though.
If that was the case, Burke would have to know by now he was responsible.

narlacat said:
The theory that the R's staged the whole thing to protect Burke from himself as he was the killer, has been around for ages.
Someone had a web site dedicated to that theory...can't think of it right now though.
If that was the case, Burke would have to know by now he was responsible.

Thanks Narlacat. I hadn't seen that twist to it. Of course, he would know by now. I was just trying to think of the mindset of the parents trying to protect their child -- not projecting to the future and not realizing the phenomenon that their daughter's death/murder would become.

angelwngs said:
~~~~~~~~~~~
I have heard of young siblings accidentally killing a younger brother or sister. I have often considered the horror of the child still living having to live with that guilt. I just never considered it as being a factor in this case!

Cypros, you might just be onto something here! :clap:
and remember,
it wasn't the first time burke hit his sister in the head. remember the golf club when she was 3 and he was 6 and the trip to the er. patsy was worried she would have permanent damage.

And people thought Patsy was overreacting. That accident was, by all accounts, an accident.

I can't believe Burke had anything to do with it. There's no history of any type of behavior like that in his past, other than playing doctor, and just because they were caught doing that a time or two doesn't mean Burke was responsible for JonBenet's eroded and enlarged hymen or her death.

I doubt the Rs would have sent him off to the White's or right back to school again afterwards if he knew any inside information that he might let slip.

It also explains the reports that the R's changed their statement that BR awakened by PR screaming when she found the RN and was then sent back into his room to go back to sleep. It explains why BR stayed in his room all morning until someone came and explained that JBR had gone to live with Jesus and he was going to the Whites for the day... What 9 year old kid would quietly stay in his room "asleep" the entire morning with all the 'excitement going on downstairs' and with police all over his house earlier that morning???

So, at 7am, they told him his sister had died?

How would they know?

Brefie said:
So, at 7am, they told him his sister had died?

How would they know?
Nope that's not what it said............ It said..................>>>>>>

" It explains why BR stayed in his room all morning until someone came and explained that JBR had gone to live with Jesus and he was going to the Whites for the day... What 9 year old kid would quietly stay in his room "asleep" the entire morning with all the 'excitement going on downstairs' and with police all over his house earlier that morning??? "

angelwngs said:
Nope that's not what it said............ It said..................>>>>>>

" It explains why BR stayed in his room all morning until someone came and explained that JBR had gone to live with Jesus and he was going to the Whites for the day... What 9 year old kid would quietly stay in his room "asleep" the entire morning with all the 'excitement going on downstairs' and with police all over his house earlier that morning??? "

This happened at 7am, tho, right? Why would they tell him that? They didn't know at that time.

I am not picking at you, quite the opposite!

Cypros said:
do you think it would be possible for Burke to remain quiet, and never make a comment that might arouse suspicion, or guilt? - that is the only thing that has left me leading away from him having been involved- even if the parents tried to cover up in a scenario such as this, I have a hard time understanding how he could not have ever slipped, or just come right out with some type of involvement with even an injury--

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back