Ukraine - 11-Year-Old Girl Gives Birth

AppleAnnie

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was appalled to read the following article. Since when do civilized countries (and the individuals who daily live within them) allow "children" to give birth to "children"? Since when do "so-called" civilized countries (and the individuals who daily live within them) allow adolescents to endanger themselves by indulging in adult behavior??? Not only is this behavior physically dangerous (the rate of death for mothers as well as infants in these kinds of births is astronomical!), it is psyschologically dangerous...what 8 to 11 year old knows how to be a "mother". That age group is still being cared for by their own mothers...or so we thought!!! Who are the despicable perpetrators of rape against these children? They need to be sought out and prosecuted on a worldwide scale. Countries which randomly allow these criminal atrocities to be committed against children should be barred from participating in international politics because they are "too undeveloped" to be heard!!! COMMENTS PLEASE!!!

11-Year-Old Girl Gives Birth in Ukraine

January 22, 2004 02:18 PM EST

KIEV, Ukraine - An 11-year-old girl has given birth to a healthy baby boy, becoming Ukraine's youngest mother on record, a newspaper reported Thursday.

Surgeons at hospital No. 5 in the eastern city of Kharkiv delivered the infant by Caesarean section Tuesday, the Fakty daily said, citing the unidentified mother's doctor, Valentyn Gryshchenko.

Both are in good health, but will remain in the hospital under observation for a week. The baby weighed nearly 8 1/2 pounds.

The family of the sixth-grader refused to stop the pregnancy and "put everything in the hands of fate," Gryshchenko was quoted as saying.

The boy is expected to live at home with his mother and grandmother.

The newborn's alleged father is a 26-year-old neighbor who fled fearing criminal charges when he learned of the girl's pregnancy, Fakty said. If convicted of having sexual relations with a minor, he faces a maximum prison sentence of three years.

The Guinness Book of World Records no longer keeps records of young mothers.

In 1993, an 8-year-old girl gave birth to a boy in Guadalajara, Mexico, doctors there confirmed.

3 years?! Are you kidding me?
'Hands of fate'? WHAT!! These children should be taken away from the 11 yr old's parents.
AppleAnnie, I also wish to second everything you said.

AppleAnnie I agree with your comments. I can't believe that this man would only be given a maximum 3 year sentence. That is like slapping his wrist and telling him not to do it again. Disgusting! I am surprised they would allow the 11 year old to continue with the pregnancy (by allowing for fate) and not abort the baby.

These low life's should be jailed. AND A 8 YEAR OLD. Oh my poor heart. Why do these children still live with their parents?! I would be hunting if that were my kid. Tradition, no tradition, society,- my A$$. These are babies, this isn't the stoneage we live in. I'm FURIOUS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back