PHOTOGRAPH & AGE PROGRESSION:

huels_tinze.jpg
huels_tinze_ap.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: October 27, 1984 from Hillsborough County, Florida
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: April 6, 1967
Height and Weight: 5'5, 140 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. Huels has a circular-shaped burn scar on her left leg. She goes by her middle name, Lucinda. She may use the last name Mauldin.

Details of Disappearance
Huels was last seen at her home on October 27, 1984 in Hillsborough County, Florida. She was planning on driving to the laundromat at the time. She has never been heard from again. Huels's vehicle was located in a local parking lot later during the day. Two weeks later, her purse was found in the men's bathroom in a campground in Hillsborough County; only her keys were missing. There was no sign of Huels at the scene.
Investigators believe Huels may have been murdered by the serial killer Bobby Joe Long, who is currently in prison. Long admitted to murdering ten Florida women, but he has denied any involvement in Huels's case and has never been charged in connection with it.

Fathering Magazine published an online article regarding The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) and Huels's disappearance in 2000. The report repeated a hoax that took place in the early 1990s revolving around Huels's case. A woman from Arkansas claimed that she was Huels and that she ran away from her Florida home in 1984 to escape problems in her marriage. The story was fabricated, but several media outlets published the claims. Huels's case continues to remain open and unsolved. Some agencies state that Huels disappeared from Tampa, Florida or that she was last seen in a tavern.

Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department
813-247-8000

www.charleyproject.org

STILL MISSING: Tinze Huels went missing in 1984 at the age of 17. Officials say she left home to go to a laundromat and never returned. Her car was found abandoned in a parking lot before her purse was found at a campsite two weeks later. The only things missing were her keys.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/19737019-story

A great and in-depth article.

Searching for Lucinda

http://www.fox13news.com/news/fox-13-investigates/53842690-story

In April 1992, they had their wife, mother, daughter, and sister back. But six months later, detectives and family members would find out the woman who had become part of the family was not, in fact, Lucinda.

If you’re wondering how that could have happened, there are few things Lucinda’s family would tell you. They wanted her to be alive more than anything. She seemed to know a lot about the family. And she looked like Lucinda. Eerily like Lucinda. So much so that some in the family have wondered if, somehow, it was really her.

“I remember as a kid, feeling that connection, that bond,” said Lucinda’s son Tony, Deanna’s older brother. Now 33 and living in Ohio, he was 10 when he though his mother had returned home. “I always felt it was her. Even now.”

LaSarge remembers going through an old photo album on that first visit. The woman everyone called Lucinda seemed to have some recognition of the events and people in the photos, which LaSarge wonders about to this day: Had someone already gone through the album with her? Otherwise, how did she know?

Stepp says there may have been a point at the beginning in which he left the room and Amanda could have looked at the case file on his desk, but he says it contained only limited information. He doesn’t understand how she seemed to know enough to convince him, Florida detectives, and the family.

“There was no internet as we know it today. Someone would have to make lots and lots of phone calls to piece all that information together,” Stepp offered.

On Monday, for the first time since 1992, they both heard from Amanda. In separate messages, she told them she did not want to be interviewed, but was OK with them sharing details of their conversation.

Amanda and Tony have been communicating over Facebook messenger.

“I asked if she was my mother. She said, ‘No.’ I asked if she knew my mother. She said, ‘No, but I wish I did,’” Tony said.

There are a couple things that really bother me about this case and I wonder what the publicity was like at the time she went missing.

The fact that Amanda knew so much about the family and even recognized people in family photo albums is strange on its own.

But I also wonder how Amanda could have known that A) Tinze's husband hadn't killed her because if he had, Amanda's plan would not have worked so well. And she also had to know that Tinze wasn't going to come back.

There was really never any explanation that I saw of how she claimed to have known so much about the family.

Tinze Lucinda Huels

PHOTOGRAPH & AGE PROGRESSION:

huels_tinze.jpg
huels_tinze_ap.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: October 27, 1984 from Hillsborough County, Florida
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: April 6, 1967
Height and Weight: 5'5, 140 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. Huels has a circular-shaped burn scar on her left leg. She goes by her middle name, Lucinda. She may use the last name Mauldin.

Details of Disappearance
Huels was last seen at her home on October 27, 1984 in Hillsborough County, Florida. She was planning on driving to the laundromat at the time. She has never been heard from again. Huels's vehicle was located in a local parking lot later during the day. Two weeks later, her purse was found in the men's bathroom in a campground in Hillsborough County; only her keys were missing. There was no sign of Huels at the scene.
Investigators believe Huels may have been murdered by the serial killer Bobby Joe Long, who is currently in prison. Long admitted to murdering ten Florida women, but he has denied any involvement in Huels's case and has never been charged in connection with it.

Fathering Magazine published an online article regarding The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) and Huels's disappearance in 2000. The report repeated a hoax that took place in the early 1990s revolving around Huels's case. A woman from Arkansas claimed that she was Huels and that she ran away from her Florida home in 1984 to escape problems in her marriage. The story was fabricated, but several media outlets published the claims. Huels's case continues to remain open and unsolved. Some agencies state that Huels disappeared from Tampa, Florida or that she was last seen in a tavern.

Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department
813-247-8000

www.charleyproject.org
Wow, who do you think the commenter on your blog post was?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Ago, my phone went crazy on me! That reply was meant for you, crimeblogger1983... 😕

Crimeblogger, I don't see any comments on your post either but I did post one. Did you not see it?

(I'm sure my comment isn't the one the poster above is saying wow about though, it's pretty much the same thing as what I posted here a few posts back.

Perhaps something is buggy with the comments though?

Amanda has admitted to Christopher she never knew Tinze. She was a Con Artist. And I don't believe her to know anything out of the ordinary about the family. A good Con Artist can make people believe just about anything. We're talking about a family that had a loss who wanted to believe for the most part. This aspect of the story imo takes away from Tinze. Which is why I didnt devote much time to it.

Thank you.

I just thought it was odd that she knew about the disappearance at all, being that she was from Arkansas and there was no internet then.

Say what? There is no comment on my blog post as of yet.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
Ugh. Sorry. I was referring to the comment on your blog post about Megan Foglesong.

This is what happens when I go down rabbit holes in websleuths after getting very little sleep! (I have a newborn and a toddler).

Again I apologize for the confusion and didn't mean to bring conversation here about a completely different case!

No Worries, I dunno. Maybe a troll. Maybe not. Could care less. I get lots a "fan mail". Not alot of comments. Of course they chickened out and I posted it anyways. They sounded like a real rocket scientist tho.

It's unfortunate that the multiple women claiming to be Tinzie has totally taken the focus off of the case itself.

I wish there was more information about the man her friend last saw her with at the tavern - Charley Project says that it's unclear whether or not he is/was a suspect in Tinzie's disappearance. And what about the man he was arrested with the following morning? Who was her husband? I assume he was cleared of suspicion since he was never publicly named, but I'm still curious as to how he fit into this story. Lots of questions and very few answers, sadly.

It's unfortunate that the multiple women claiming to be Tinzie has totally taken the focus off of the case itself.

I wish there was more information about the man her friend last saw her with at the tavern - Charley Project says that it's unclear whether or not he is/was a suspect in Tinzie's disappearance. And what about the man he was arrested with the following morning? Who was her husband? I assume he was cleared of suspicion since he was never publicly named, but I'm still curious as to how he fit into this story. Lots of questions and very few answers, sadly.
I cover that in my entry. Larry Huels was cleared of any involvement. Lucinda took the car the night she went out with her friends. It was their only car. He was watching both kids at the time.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back