GUILTY GA - Rozelletta Blackshire & 2 others for attempted abortion, Columbus, 2006

ajc2804

Reaction score
COLUMBUS, Ga. — Police have arrested the mother and two cousins of a pregnant 16-year-old who are accused of forcing the teen to drink turpentine in an attempt to induce an abortion.

Rozelletta B. Blackshire, 44, was charged with criminal abortion and first-degree cruelty to children, Columbus Police Sgt. Debra Bohannon said. The teen's cousins, Shonda Y. Blackshire, 26, of Columbus, and Monica M. Johnson, 28, of Eufaula, Ala., also were arrested Friday and charged with criminal abortion.

Investigators have not determined whether the turpentine has had any harmful effects on the teen, who is three months pregnant, or the fetus.

"There's no medical evidence that would support you could induce an abortion by giving her turpentine," Bohannon said. "Still, it's not made to ingest. It's not good to ingest."

Bohannon said the girl's mother and cousins twice forced her to drink turpentine between Sept. 12 and Sept. 20.

The women might have wanted the teen to have an abortion because her pregnancy could have exacerbated an unrelated health problem, Bohannon said. The girl is in protective custody.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,215780,00.html

The women might have wanted the teen to have an abortion because her pregnancy could have exacerbated an unrelated health problem, Bohannon said. The girl is in protective custody.

Are they kidding? That statement kind of down plays the severity of this.
Ya don't think turpentine maybe, might, just a little bit exacerbate health problems or even create more???
If they wanted her to have an abortion why not find a clinic?

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
October 7, 2008

Columbus, GA (LifeNews.com) -- Two Georgia women received community service and probation in a case involving their attempt to force a young woman to have an abortion. Police arrested the mother and two cousins of a 16-year-old girl in September 2006 after they tried to force her to drink turpentine to kill her baby.

In the case, 44 year-old Rozelletta B. Blackshire was charged with cruelty to a child and criminal abortion Columbus Police Sgt. Debra Bohannon indicated.

The teenager's cousins, 26 year-old Shonda Y. Blackshire of Columbus and 28 year-old Monica M. Johnson of Eufaula, Alabama, were also arrested and charged with attempting to cause a criminal abortion.

Blackshire and Johnson pleaded guilty to the criminal abortion charge on Tuesday and the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer indicated they both will receive two years probation and 40 hours of community service.

Rozelletta Blackshire, the girl's mother, is still in prison on unrelated charges.

http://www.lifenews.com/state3535.html

They forced her to drink poison and they get 2 years' probation??? :furious:

lets see.........they could have killed her, and the baby, yet they get off scott free. thats just great. please shoot me now :(

i also dont know how they say it couldnt cause an abortion.........the terpentine itself could have killed the girl, hence causing the abortion. this is riidculous.

I wish I could find some info. on the condition of the baby at birth. I haven't seen anything on it. I sure hope the baby wasn't brain damaged or something from this.

After this incident, in 2008, the mother, Rozelletta B. Blackshire, stabbed her boyfriend to death. In November 2010 she pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter and was sentenced to

20 years, 10 of which she will spend behind bars in a state penitentiary and the remainder on probation...

WTVM reported on Rozellette Blackshire in 2006, before the murder, when she was accused of forcing her then 16-year-old daughter to drink turpentine, trying to induce an abortion.
Relatives may have tried to terminate the pregnancy after discovering the father of the baby is over 30-years-old.

The teenager involved in the case was lucky. Initial exams showed no injury to her or the fetus.

Court records show the abortion and cruelty charges against Blackshire were eventually dead docketed.

http://m.walb.com/walb/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:mnF3BrjD

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back