Iowa Woman Finds Drowned Bat in Tea Mug

PlasmaFiend024

Reaction score
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - A western Iowa woman is recovering from the shock of finding a drowned bat in her tea mug - after she sipped from the cup all day. The brown bat, about the size of two tea bags, was found a few weeks ago by a 60-year-old Woodbury County woman, said Chuck Cipperley, an environmental director for the Siouxland health office in Sioux City.

"I knew the person, so I knew it was no joke," said Cipperley, who took the call from the woman.

http://www.wjla.com/headlines/0906/363951.html

Ewwwww I am so glad that I don't drink tea! I'd think of this with every mug if I did!

i know right.but i would think she would of looked in it before she used it.but who knows all i know she prolly was mortified

Maybe she used a great big mug. It said she had been sipping on it all day. Also the tea could have been strong, thus dark and hard to really see into.

If it had been rabid I think she should have taken the shots because even though it was said you need broken skin for the virus to get in I think we probably have small, little cuts in our mouths.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back