WI - Sex offender discovered baby-sitting children

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.fdlreporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060927/FON0101/609270523/1288/FON01

A registered sex offender discovered baby-sitting children at his Fox Lake [WI] apartment has been charged with violating the terms of his probation and the sex offender registry requirements.

According to the criminal complaint, Fox Lake police received an anonymous tip that Ray was baby-sitting children at his Weed Street apartment. When officers arrived at the home on Aug. 21, they found Ray caring for three children, ages 14, 12 and 8 months. Ray told police that he watched the children under the supervision of another couple and was never alone with the children.

When contacted, the parents of the children told investigators they knew Ray was a convicted sex offender.

more at link

Can you imagine that the parents KNEW he was a sex offender and still let him babysit their kids???

Hoppy

hoppyfrog said:
http://www.fdlreporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060927/FON0101/609270523/1288/FON01

A registered sex offender discovered baby-sitting children at his Fox Lake [WI] apartment has been charged with violating the terms of his probation and the sex offender registry requirements.

According to the criminal complaint, Fox Lake police received an anonymous tip that Ray was baby-sitting children at his Weed Street apartment. When officers arrived at the home on Aug. 21, they found Ray caring for three children, ages 14, 12 and 8 months. Ray told police that he watched the children under the supervision of another couple and was never alone with the children.

When contacted, the parents of the children told investigators they knew Ray was a convicted sex offender.

more at link

Can you imagine that the parents KNEW he was a sex offender and still let him babysit their kids???

Hoppy
OMG. What is wrong with these parents?

That is just plain stupid, I mean they knew he was a perv and they still let there kids stay with him. They should be looked at and possible have there kids taken. No one in there right mind would let someone the know is a perv watch there kids. That just makes me sick!

so will they charge the parents with endangering the wellfair of a child? somehow i doubt it:furious:

sherri79 said:

so will they charge the parents with endangering the wellfair of a child? somehow i doubt it:furious:
They might. The only reason I can't let my daughter go see her father in Texas is because he is considered a "convicted sex offender" for dating a 16 year old for awhile before the parents pressed charges. He's not a pervert, he would never hurt my daughter - but I can't send her to see him because I don't want to have the courts say I sent my child out of state to stay with a convicted sex offender and judge me. It's not actually fair.

sherri79 said:

I could only hope that they would, but I think you're right on the money here. Also did you see that they releases him on a $500 signature bond?? This story gets more and more ridiculous by the minute:furious:

Here is a prime example of how we treat sex offenders in this country.. so many of these folks just put their heads in the sand and think it won;t happen to me or my child.. oh he would never do that .. he has learned his lesson. .. he is rehabilitated. what a load of horse manure.

These parents should be charged as well as those that directly put these children in harms way. would they let their children play with fire? and if burned sue the match or lighter company? Same situation here.. How dumb do you have to be to blindly put trust in a perv like this? Good Grief, stories like this just make me so darn angry

We truly do not know the circumstances of his "sex offender" status do we? Not enough to judge that he would molest kids. Sex offense can be not stopping when a legal aged woman says no. Doesn't mean they would molest kids. Not defending the man, but maybe the parents know the situation. Don't be so quick to judge then as horrible parents.

GlitchWizard said:
They might. The only reason I can't let my daughter go see her father in Texas is because he is considered a "convicted sex offender" for dating a 16 year old for awhile before the parents pressed charges. He's not a pervert, he would never hurt my daughter - but I can't send her to see him because I don't want to have the courts say I sent my child out of state to stay with a convicted sex offender and judge me. It's not actually fair.

I have to ask..how old was your husband when he was dating the 16 yr old?

TiddlyWinker said:
We truly do not know the circumstances of his "sex offender" status do we? Not enough to judge that he would molest kids. Sex offense can be not stopping when a legal aged woman says no. Doesn't mean they would molest kids. Not defending the man, but maybe the parents know the situation. Don't be so quick to judge then as horrible parents.
You may be correct and it may be a crime against adults .. but how is that any better? I think that many are reacting here because of the sheer numbers of these crimes that are found on this boards and others.. Every single day thee are new stories added here that are crimes against children.. there is no guarantee that this was not the case or that his original offense will be his only one.. I think because of the amount of these crimes and the numbers of these crimes are occurring when its a repeat offender due to failures in the system that allow these offenders access to more children and potential victims that so many are reacting negatively in this particular situation...

GlitchWizard said:
I was going to say that I had a college friend who was a registered offender for a while all due to a beer drinking bet to streak naked across a street. According to the letter of the law where he lived at that time he had to register for I think only 3 years and even the judge in his case said he felt that his hands were tied and that it was quite unfair in cases like that where the court felt 100% that the "sex offender" in question was not a risk to the public.

I would just hope the parents of these children knew the back story.

TiddlyWinker said:

From the link in the first post on this thread:

When contacted, the parents of the children told investigators they knew Ray was a convicted sex offender. Ray was convicted in 1991 of two counts of second-degree sexual assault of a child in Jefferson County and in 1989 of one count of first-degree sexual assault of a child in Washington County.

Yep..the parents need to be held accountable if they knew this and let their children be in the same room with this guy.

sherri79 said:

No way, this HAS to be a misprint. Nobody is so dumb.

SewingDeb said:

When contacted, the parents of the children told investigators they knew Ray was a convicted sex offender. Ray was convicted in 1991 of two counts of second-degree sexual assault of a child in Jefferson County and in 1989 of one count of first-degree sexual assault of a child in Washington County.

Yep..the parents need to be held accountable if they knew this and let their children be in the same room with this guy.
Thanks for posting that, I had not read the link so that sure changes things for me. You would think knowing a person is convicted of a sexual assault crime against a child would give one enough pause to not leave their children in that person's care. I wonder where people put their brains sometimes. Yeah, the parents probably should be held accountable.

I guess I should've read before posting.

Gmommy said:
Thanks for posting that, I had not read the link so that sure changes things for me. You would think knowing a person is convicted of a sexual assault crime against a child would give one enough pause to not leave their children in that person's care. I wonder where people put their brains sometimes. Yeah, the parents probably should be held accountable.

You're welcome. I didn't read it the first time around either. I went back to the link just to see if there was any inkling of what he was on the registry for when I found that.

I can see that maybe this guy lied to the parents about why he was a registered sex offender. I can't think of any other reason they would trust him around their children.

Gmommy said:

Even if they didn't know the type of sexual offense he committed, they sure as hell owed it to their kids to investigate it before leaving them in his care.

SewingDeb said:

Wll I guess that settles it then....they should be held accountable. It's like oh yeah we knew he was but whatever we trust him...he wouldn't do it to our kids...yeah right!

bakerprune64 said:
Even if they didn't know the type of sexual offense he committed, they sure as hell owed it to their kids to investigate it before leaving them in his care.

My feeling exactly.

I don't like male babysitters anyway.

mindi77 said:
Wll I guess that settles it then....they should be held accountable. It's like oh yeah we knew he was but whatever we trust him...he wouldn't do it to our kids...yeah right!

LOL I hope they weren't that dumb or should I say trusting? And had been fed a bunch of bull about the actual convictions.

These parents that leave their kids with a known sex offender should be charged with endangerment. This is absolutely disgusting. Also the couple that allowed him to help out should also be charged.

Out here in Chandler AZ we just had a big case regarding an at home, unlicenses day care facility and the womans husband who helped run the center, is a convicted sex offender. He has recently been charged with molesting a 4 year old girl there, and he was released on bail and fled. He was recently captured in New Orlenans.

You could look up his record online and see 15 years ago he was convicted of indecent exposure. Parents that use an unlicensed facility really need to check on the people that watch their kids.

The case is so frustrating because the idiot wife claims she had no knowledge of his background and it has also been determined that he had been molesting her daughter since was 7. She is now a teen.

Also a PC was confiscated at the house and it had child *advertiser censored* in it.

What is wrong with some people?? I would NEVER leave my child with ANYONE that I did not get a full background on.

And I agree, male babysitters creep me out. Most of them seem to have an ulterior motive.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back