KS - Steven Wallace for rape of 2yo girl, Finney County, 2006

Alice253

Live Every Moment
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've searched for anything on this but didn't find anything. If it is a duplicate, I apologize.

Snip...

The girl was being treated for severe injuries the mother said were caused by rape. The investigation lead officers to a baby sitter's house where the toddler was dropped off earlier in the morning.

Police believe it was at that house that 17 year old Steven Wallace allegedly raped the girl. They believe he hurt her so badly he had to call the girl's mother because there was trauma he couldn't treat.

http://www.kake.com/news/headlines/4250491.html

More at link.

Was the 17 yo the babysitter or was he just another person in that household? Is this a regular babysitter or a one-time/occasional thing? I'm sorry but I would never hire a 17 yo male to babysit young girls.

That poor baby.

I don't think that having a male babysitter is a problem, but I don't think I would have a teen watch my children period.

I cannot understand why someone would do this to a baby. how could you look at a baby and see sex. thank god the baby won't remember.

Depending on the nature of the injuries sustained, the baby won't remember. It is possible that it left lasting problems, that may need long term treatment, even surgery down the road. :( :mad: Lock him up and throw away the key once it is proven he hurt the baby. :behindbar

People living near the house where the alleged rape occured say it's some kind of child care facility. They claims there has been a lot of police activity there in the past. Wallace was arrested by police and booked into juvenile detention.

wow...wonder what's up with that?

2sisters said:
I cannot understand why someone would do this to a baby. how could you look at a baby and see sex. thank god the baby won't remember.

I have very clear memories from when I was 18 months old so she may remember something. Even if she doesn't remember I have read experts who say that it is worse if you don't remember. You grow up with all these feelings and don't know why you have them...

I hope I said that right.

GlitchWizard said:
Treasure them! I can't remember what happened 18 days ago.

LOL Short term memory is the first to go and I'm the same way. I think I have such clear memories at that age because we were moving to Germany and it was an exciting and stressful time. My father was already over there and Mom was flying over with a six week old baby, me (18 months) and my older brothers who were 3 and 4.

I sincerely hope this baby does not remember the attack but I do hope if she shows signs of stress later that the family will get her counselling and not just assume she can't remember anything from this and that she won't have any emotional effects from it.

I remember when I was around 13 maybe 14 and was visiting with relatives. My cousin was 3 or 4 and he kept saying strange things to me about what he saw on tv. I asked my aunt about it and had my cousin tell my grandma what he saw. Turns out my aunt and her husband decided to let a 14 year old male neighbor babysit my 3 or 4 year old cousin, boy also. This teenager was watching some cable stations that no child should be watching. My little cousin was very vivid about what he saw and I was really angry about it. I couldnt believe my aunt would let some kid watch my cousin that they barely knew and didnt even notice what the kid was watching in front of him. There lucky thats all that went on.

lately iv'e had to deal with my BIL. When gets his 4 year old daughter every other weekend he goes out to the bar and leaves her with his girlfriends 14 year old daughter and his girlfriends brother. I end up taking my 4 year old niece to my place because I have met the people he is leaving his daughter with and I dont trust them....ugh I barely trust him to watch her....cant stand slack parents!!

That kid should be locked up for life or better yet maybe someone will whack him in prison. What a sicko. I cannot figure out who would do that to a little girl. If it were my child, I could honestly admit I would probably lose it and shoot my 9mm right into his groin.

Also this chilld care thing drives me nuts. Don't parents know who is watching their children? I have a 2 year old daughter, she just turned 2 on Sat. She is MY life and I am VERY peculiar with who is around her, and who babysits her. My sitter is licensed by the state, I also did some snooping around on her and her husband just to make sure nothing fell between the cracks. Our babysitter lives right behind us so I know what is happening at her house at all times. If I ever saw a police car there I would ask her about it. I don't care if that is overstepping boundries, you can never be too careful when it comes to your very small, defenseless children. If anyone has nothing to hide a child care provider should have no problem answering all questions, and having an evasive background check done. You have a right to know who will be around your children.

SewingDeb said:
I have very clear memories from when I was 18 months old so she may remember something. Even if she doesn't remember I have read experts who say that it is worse if you don't remember. You grow up with all these feelings and don't know why you have them...

I hope I said that right.
I think you said that right or at least I know what you mean. My husband is one of those people who has vivid memories from when he was just a baby around that age-nothing bad mind you but still it weirds me out that he has these memories and it always seems to take his mother aback when he asks her these specific questions about things that she would never think he could possibly remember.

I don't get out much so I rarely leave my kids with a sitter, when I do I leave them with my best friend. I worked with her husband and I feel like I know too much about them at times ;) We watch eachother's kids pm those rare occasions we steal away to do something fun. I think my kids are more at ease with a grown up than with a teenaged babysitter but I have had my neighbor's son watch my kids-he's the older brother of their playmates and I am good friends with my neighbors (his parents) and know they have no criminal past I have to worry about nor do I get any sense that Andy is not trustworthy-he's just a great kid and seems like that protective older brother.

I still worry, though-even with nothing there just are no guarantees. I guess like everybody you do what you can to protect your children and you don't let them out of your sight. I am hoping they never grow up but I guess I have to be realistic that my babies will grow up and want to move out some day :(

Gmommy said:
I think you said that right or at least I know what you mean. My husband is one of those people who has vivid memories from when he was just a baby around that age-nothing bad mind you but still it weirds me out that he has these memories and it always seems to take his mother aback when he asks her these specific questions about things that she would never think he could possibly remember.

I don't get out much so I rarely leave my kids with a sitter, when I do I leave them with my best friend. I worked with her husband and I feel like I know too much about them at times ;) We watch eachother's kids pm those rare occasions we steal away to do something fun. I think my kids are more at ease with a grown up than with a teenaged babysitter but I have had my neighbor's son watch my kids-he's the older brother of their playmates and I am good friends with my neighbors (his parents) and know they have no criminal past I have to worry about nor do I get any sense that Andy is not trustworthy-he's just a great kid and seems like that protective older brother.

I still worry, though-even with nothing there just are no guarantees. I guess like everybody you do what you can to protect your children and you don't let them out of your sight. I am hoping they never grow up but I guess I have to be realistic that my babies will grow up and want to move out some day :(

I've met a few other people with vivid memories from very early in life. It's all there, it's just tapping it...lol.

I know what you mean about being careful who babysits. I have always been the same way...I had several bad experiences at age 6 with an 18 year old relative who babysat for us. He was very charming to my parents and practically begged to babysit every Friday night...for free! Six small children. That should have been a warning flag but in those days no one thought of these things happening to their children.

You just do what you can to protect them and keep your antenna up. They do grow up, whether we are ready or not...lol.

Another slap on the wrist. Steven Wallace was found not-guilty of rape (unbelievable), but found guilty and convicted of Aggravated Battery-Great Bodily Harm. He was sentenced on 11/19/2007. Was unable to get a definitive sentence but his earliest possible release date is: 8/24/2010. So, pretty much 3 years for raping a 2-year-old baby. My utter disgust knows no bounds.

Another slap on the wrist. Steven Wallace was found not-guilty of rape (unbelievable), but found guilty and convicted of Aggravated Battery-Great Bodily Harm. He was sentenced on 11/19/2007. Was unable to get a definitive sentence but his earliest possible release date is: 8/24/2010. So, pretty much 3 years for raping a 2-year-old baby. My utter disgust knows no bounds.

Are you SH!TT!NG me???? Please excuse my foul mouth, but are you serious??? i feel absolutely sick to my stomach :( they want to wait till this immoral has a kid and kills the child before they stop him?!

Yeah, I'm pretty dang disgusted with the whole system today. I've been either hitting brick walls or crappy sentences all day.

how the heck can he be acquitted of rape but convicted of batterry? what????? huh???!?!!? you either think he's not guilty or he's a rapist......how can you compromise like that?

what am i talking about. i worked a case where the guy was beaten, stabbed repeatedly his head smashed in, and mutilated after death, and the verdict was 'manslaughter'. sometimes i wonder what the juries are smoking in the jury room. :(

It would be nice if "jury of one's peers" meant "jury of intelligent, logical, rational peers".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back