SNL does poor imitation of Nancy Grace

AlwaysShocked

Reaction score
Saturday Night Live did a skit of the Nancy Grace show tonight. It wasn't very good - or funny - in my opinion.

Sorry I missed it but then SNL hasn't been very good for a looong time (thanks to Tina Fey).

i read that SNL reduced their cast this year. i am not a regular watcher, but will occasionally watch if i know and like the guest star. one of my favs was rachel drust (sp) and she went with tiny fey to her new show.

i am 55 and so remember the first years of SNL which truly were the best IMHO!

people are going to lampoon NG, but b/c she is so exaggerated and over the top anyway, no one can beat the real thing!

I saw part of this last night. It wasn't that funny but in some places she was dead-on with imitating her.

I saw it and thought it was hilarious. I also thought she captured many of Nancy's facial expressions and mannerisms. Nancy is a bit more overbearing than the imitator, but I thought it really captured the essence of Nancy. Sorry you didn't enjoy it.

I agree with most of you that SNL had Nancy Grace's looks and mannerisms down pat ... but also agree the skit could have been funnier.Maybe as time goes on,the NG skits will get better.The skit about the Jon Bovi wannabes,in my opinion, was just plain stupid.

I too am from the beginning SNL days,and use to laugh at loud watching it. It doesn't seem the same,but to be fair,I don't watch it on a regular basis,so maybe I have missed some really funny episodes.

lizzybeth said:
Which cast member played Nancy Grace?
I don't know the cast member, but I thought that she really resembled NG. I saw just a little of it. I found it amusing. I don't think that this is the first time that SNL has had a NG skit. I think that NG should be flattered that she is being imitated on SNL. I know that I would be. ;)

The best stuff on SNL, IMO, are the Prez Bush imitations. They are a riot. Other stuff is unpredictable at best. Some things are boring, some are haphazardly funny, and some stuff is hilarious. I, too, am a view from the beginning and have intermittently lost interest in SNL over the years. I tune in sporadically and sometimes find wonderful little nuggets of humor and sometimes change the channel pretty fast. But, like I mentioned above, I did find the Nancy Grace piece to be pretty amusing.

too bad SNL hasn't been good for so long. they would go through phases but it really seems to have lost it for a LONG time. i haven't watched since will farrell, mike myers & the others from their time left. the 90's was truly the golden age, IMO (church chat, linda richman's cawffee tawk, the gap girls <esp. chris farley! lol>, unfrozen caveman lawyer, deep thoughts, dana carvey doing bush sr. and will ferrell as bush jr... priceless!!, and of course sprocketts!), in those days, i wouldn't miss it for anything! since then, i tried watching several times (jimmy & horatio were a good team) but eventually gave up on it altogether. ugh,, since when did potty humor become cutting edge....??? the funniest thing i've seen since then was 'stuart' (that just kills me how his mother's always trying to touch him & he's always trying to get away from her!),, and 'lorraine' from MAD TV-- mo collins is dead-on,, what a great character!

Mad-TV is way better than SNL, IMO...I love when they do Oprah & Ashlee Simpson parodies on Mad-TV...ROFL.

Haven't kept up with SNL since the beginning. To me it lost too much when the original cast was gone. Of course I think a lot of today's humor is overly stupid or just saying/doing "dirty things" to get a laugh somewhat like a preschooler saying "I farted" and everyone falling down laughing about it. That and seeing how many times you can say "f". Bill Cosby could come out and do an hour/90 minutes of comedy without one cuss word and be hilarious. I don't especially object to the "f" word, but you don't need to use it every other word either.

reb said:
too bad SNL hasn't been good for so long. they would go through phases but it really seems to have lost it for a LONG time. i haven't watched since will farrell, mike myers & the others from their time left. the 90's was truly the golden age, IMO (church chat, linda richman's cawffee tawk, the gap girls <esp. chris farley! lol>, unfrozen caveman lawyer, deep thoughts, dana carvey doing bush sr. and will ferrell as bush jr... priceless!!, and of course sprocketts!), in those days, i wouldn't miss it for anything! since then, i tried watching several times (jimmy & horatio were a good team) but eventually gave up on it altogether. ugh,, since when did potty humor become cutting edge....??? the funniest thing i've seen since then was 'stuart' (that just kills me how his mother's always trying to touch him & he's always trying to get away from her!),, and 'lorraine' from MAD TV-- mo collins is dead-on,, what a great character!
LOL you're right. They're so much better. Consistantly funny. I love most of their characters. I love when they do Maury Povich and Connie Chung. Dot was a favorite (course Stephanie Weir isn't there anymore). My all time favorite was Leona Campbell (the old lady at the senior center that would have mini strokes).
Sorry, this thread was supposed to be about SNL.

reb said:
Boy, oh boy, I about dropped my teeth!! The 90's were the golden age??

No way!

Late 70's/early, early 80's were the best by far!!

John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Chevy Chase, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray
Jane Curtin, Laraine Newman, Chevy Chase - and who could forget Don Novello as Father Guido Sarducci???

SNL has NEVER been better than that, IMO.

Land Shark, Rosanne-Rosanna-Danna? Oh, Lord- when Belushi was the samauri in the deli?

John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Chevy Chase, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray
Jane Curtin, Laraine Newman, Chevy Chase - and who could forget Don Novello as Father Guido Sarducci???
And don't forget Eddie Murphy. When he would do "Mr. Robinson's neighborhood" and teach the boys and girls to say "beeeetch", I would howl. He started a few years after Belushi and Aykroyd (I think they were around 1975 and Murphy was around 1980), but he was good. He also did a great Buckwheat.

LOL! i knew someone was gonna say that! ;) i guess it's a generational thing-- i never really 'got' the '70's SNL at all.... except mr. bill.

She had some of the mannerisms down...but Nancy is a fast talker (NY with Southern accent), not a slow talker.

Dear Capps, nothing could ever replace the original Sat Night Live cast and their skits. They were classics. It was new and bold and free and titilated our soals !

I cracked up last night just at the thought they were doing a sketch on Nancy Grace. The gal who did her is a natural and thought she captured her spirit, which is the important thing.

Rah Rah to great comedy, and if anyone could be the brunt of fun right now it is Nancy Grace. With all her well meaning reasons for commenting on crimes, she needs to take a good look at herself, and I hope she saw the skit. I think she in wonderful and well-intentioned, but her hard-as* attitude and non stop interrupting has got to go for her to be taken seriously by the American public. Then she will achieve her goal tp acheive justice of those who have been hurt and left helpless.

Scandi

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd