The Halloween Costume

calicocat

Reaction score
PETER BOYLES: We look at so many photos and videos of this child wearing adult, woman sexy costumes, you know something about some Halloween costumes.

LINDA WILCOX: This particular Halloween costume, it was the Halloween, it would have been 1994 probably. Yeah, the Halloween of '94. And she had this, it was actually kind of cute, it was this little witches costume but it wasn't your standard, you know, black dress, pointy hat, it had orange criss-cross striping and it had a little cape. You know most little kids would say, you know, she said I'm gonna be a witch for halloween but I'm not going to be a bad witch. I'm going to be a good, sexy witch. And this is from the voice of a 4-year-old.

PETER BOYLES: She said, a good, sexy witch at 4?

LINDA WILCOX: It was a witch costume. Most kids would have just said, you know, I'm not a bad witch, I'm a good witch. But her mom is there and then Patsy walked in the room and said, "Yeah, she's gonna be a sexy witch."

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/07211998lindawilcoxon-pb.htm

After reading Peter Boyle's (Radio Talk Show Host) interview with Linda Wilcox (Ramsey's Ex-Housekeeper) I can't help but wonder what was going through Patsy Ramsey's mind telling JonBenet that she was going to be a good, sexy witch. She apparently was brain-washing JonBenet into believing that being sexy was a good thing.

Yet, elsewhere I have read that Patsy defended her stand when saying that JonBenet's adult-like pageant costumes, sexy moves and provacative glances were nothing of the sort. IMO, Patsy was molding JonBenet into being a lilttle sex-pot, either for her own sexual gratification or her husband's, thus supporting the sexual abuse theory. John Ramsey said that JonBenet loved to prance around in her costumes and perform for them.

Linda also observed that little if any affection was ever shown to JonBenet. Perhaps her little "performances" won her the affection of her parents and the sexual abuse began from there.

You know, this never bothered me much. In all fairness, we had an incident like this one with my daughter.

When Wolfkid was in kindergarten (she was five), she decided to write a play during Christmas vacation. She assigned speaking-parts to all of our family members. I think the main theme of the play had something to do with a butterfly, lol.

In any case, I had my role, she had hers and my husband had his. Wolfkid and I had normal, ordinary five-year-old-story-telling-type words to recite throughout the 'play.'

However, she assigned to my husband only one line. He was supposed to stand up, out of nowhere, and proclaim, "I'm too sexy for my shirt!" Then, he was supposed to sit down.

Of course, when we read Wolfkid's play, we couldn't help laughing under our breath. Nonetheless, my husband recited his 'line' without cracking up in front of wolfkid. (Well, yes, he chuckled a little bit and she got a little peeved, but it did not destroy the moment, lol.)

Some time later, I asked her about the line. She told me, quite honestly, "You know mommy! It is from that REALLY funny song!"

She had NO idea what the words meant (she still doesn't at 8). She only wanted her daddy to have a 'small' part in her production. So, she gave him a single very 'funny' line. It meant nothing, like I think JBR's comment meant nothing.

At the most, I think JB might have heard or seen that 'sexy' women look 'pretty.' A kid can pick this information up from almost any TV commercial. She equated 'sexy' with 'pretty' and knew she wanted to be the 'pretty' witch, as opposed to the more common 'ugly' witch.

Simple.

True, Wolfmars Girl, but the witch's costume was not a traditional black dress with black pointed hat. This one was made like an adult would wear, ruffley & flashy with a criss-cross bodice and cape. It brings to mind the "Little French Maid" costume, not something a child would wear.

I would have corrected my four year old for saying that, not repeat it like Patsy did.

calicocat said:
LINDA WILCOX: It was a witch costume. Most kids would have just said, you know, I'm not a bad witch, I'm a good witch. But her mom is there and then Patsy walked in the room and said, "Yeah, she's gonna be a sexy witch."

calicocat,

Makes you wonder just what Patsy was doing by reinforcing JonBenet's idea of a sexy witch?

Its pretty obvious by the age of four JonBenet's sexualization was well underway.

If all that came to pass, never happened, then I could always say sexy witch, thats just kids talk, she does not know better, somehow given the Ramsey claims regarding their religious beliefs, I rather doubt that now.

I think that's pretty sick on Patsy's part! Wolf, what your child did was in innocence, that was a popular funny song and the video was comical. But as far as Patsy...well it just doesn't feel right with me.

I agree that Patsy's encouragment of the "sexy" comment was inappropriate. However, I also agree that JBR may very well have thought "sexy" meant pretty. I have seen a witches costumes like the one described and it was cute -- not sexy. The dress looked much like a peasant girl's dress but in halloween colors. Here is an example:

8673-main.jpg

Cypros said:
I agree that Patsy's encouragment of the "sexy" comment was inappropriate. However, I also agree that JBR may very well have thought "sexy" meant pretty. I have seen a witches costumes like the one described and it was cute -- not sexy. The dress looked much like a peasant girl's dress but in halloween colors. Here is an example:

8673-main.jpg
I dont know how a child that young figures out by herself that sexy=pretty. I don't recall any of my attire referred to as sexy until I was 16, and then it was from my girlie friends, not my Mom. Just totally inappropriate for a Mother to say her BABY looks sexy!

calicocat said:
PETER BOYLES: We look at so many photos and videos of this child wearing adult, woman sexy costumes, you know something about some Halloween costumes.

LINDA WILCOX: This particular Halloween costume, it was the Halloween, it would have been 1994 probably. Yeah, the Halloween of '94. And she had this, it was actually kind of cute, it was this little witches costume but it wasn't your standard, you know, black dress, pointy hat, it had orange criss-cross striping and it had a little cape. You know most little kids would say, you know, she said I'm gonna be a witch for halloween but I'm not going to be a bad witch. I'm going to be a good, sexy witch. And this is from the voice of a 4-year-old.

PETER BOYLES: She said, a good, sexy witch at 4?

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/07211998lindawilcoxon-pb.htm

After reading Peter Boyle's (Radio Talk Show Host) interview with Linda Wilcox (Ramsey's Ex-Housekeeper) I can't help but wonder what was going through Patsy Ramsey's mind telling JonBenet that she was going to be a good, sexy witch. She apparently was brain-washing JonBenet into believing that being sexy was a good thing.

Yet, elsewhere I have read that Patsy defended her stand when saying that JonBenet's adult-like pageant costumes, sexy moves and provacative glances were nothing of the sort. IMO, Patsy was molding JonBenet into being a lilttle sex-pot, either for her own sexual gratification or her husband's, thus supporting the sexual abuse theory. John Ramsey said that JonBenet loved to prance around in her costumes and perform for them.

Linda also observed that little if any affection was ever shown to JonBenet. Perhaps her little "performances" won her the affection of her parents and the sexual abuse began from there.
I wonder if PR was dressing her up to keep away the 'blond B**** down the st' referred to in ST's book.

The costume may not have looked that "sexy" but I'm really amazed any mother would reinforce that...For both the little Texanas "sexy" was actually a "bad word" when they were that age. We did not think it was appropriate for them to be using it in any way.

We even frown upon the use of the word "hot" now that one of them is a teenager. (still getting used to that.) Of course, she uses it--especially to describe Orlando Bloom--but the thought being, you don't just throw a word that describes sexual allure around all day, all the time.

But obviously, Patsy thought nothing was wrong with a four year old using the word "sexy." Something to think about...

SadieMae said:
I dont know how a child that young figures out by herself that sexy=pretty. I don't recall any of my attire referred to as sexy until I was 16, and then it was from my girlie friends, not my Mom. Just totally inappropriate for a Mother to say her BABY looks sexy!

I agree that Patsy was wrong to encourage JBR's thought of being sexy (whatever JBR actually thought it meant). But I do think it is entirely possible that JBR head -- often-- the word sext in reference to women that she saw as being pretty and that is what she thought sext meant. Actually, I think that most girls grow up with a confusion about these terms and concepts.

I have to add here that I have been working on a halloween costume for a big party I will attend. I decided to first look at the premade costumes to get some ideas. I noticed that ALL of the costumes for women are skimpy and very sexy. I was at a big halloween store today and saw aisle after aisle of women's costumes that you would expect to be seen on playboy bunnies at the Hefner mansion. I am no prude and was a bit surprised by my own disgust but it was a blatant illustration of the role of women in our society.

I decided to be a Neanderthal (cave woman). I did buy one of the leopard spotted mini sex-kitten dresses, but it is only going to be the foundation. Once I add the shredded furry overshirt, the furry leggings and boots, the false decrepit teeth, and the messy, teased hair, I will be ANYTHING but sexy!!

Cypros said:
I agree that Patsy was wrong to encourage JBR's thought of being sexy (whatever JBR actually thought it meant). But I do think it is entirely possible that JBR head -- often-- the word sext in reference to women that she saw as being pretty and that is what she thought sext meant. Actually, I think that most girls grow up with a confusion about these terms and concepts.

I have to add here that I have been working on a halloween costume for a big party I will attend. I decided to first look at the premade costumes to get some ideas. I noticed that ALL of the costumes for women are skimpy and very sexy. I was at a big halloween store today and saw aisle after aisle of women's costumes that you would expect to be seen on playboy bunnies at the Hefner mansion. I am no prude and was a bit surprised by my own disgust but it was a blatant illustration of the role of women in our society.

I decided to be a Neanderthal (cave woman). I did buy one of the leopard spotted mini sex-kitten dresses, but it is only going to be the foundation. Once I add the shredded furry overshirt, the furry leggings and boots, the false decrepit teeth, and the messy, teased hair, I will be ANYTHING but sexy!!
I agree,Frederick's of Hollywood has a lot of those costumes.I wouldnt have even thought of going in there for Halloween !

JMO8778 said:
I agree,Frederick's of Hollywood has a lot of those costumes.I wouldnt have even thought of going in there for Halloween !

??? I was in a regular Halloween store that caters to all ages. It was not an "adult" store. Yet all of the female costumes could certainly have been found in Fredericks!

The same kind of pattern of sexy-only costumes for women can be found in common retail stores like WalMart, KMart, Target, etc.

Cypros said:
??? I was in a regular Halloween store that caters to all ages. It was not an "adult" store. Yet all of the female costumes could certainly have been found in Fredericks!

The same kind of pattern of sexy-only costumes for women can be found in common retail stores like WalMart, KMart, Target, etc.
I didn't know that.I don't shop at those places.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0
Back