GUILTY FL - Bodies of couple, 2 sons found along turnpike, Port St Lucie, 13 Oct 2006

Shadow205

Reaction score
FORT PIERCE — Four bodies, a male and female adults and a young boy and girl, were found about 7:52 a.m. today just off the southbound lanes of Florida's Turnpike near Midway Road.

The four, whom authorities are assuming are a husband, wife ages 30 to 35 and two children ages 4 to 6, each appeared to have been shot several times. The woman reportedly was found clutching the two children.
"It's a gruesome, gruesome scene down there," said St. Lucie County Sheriff Ken Mascara.

Authorities believe the four were shot at the scene — rather than being shot elsewhere and moved there — sometime between midnight and 7 a.m. today. No vehicles are at the scene. The bodies are 30 to 40 feet off the roadway near a stand of trees. A makeshift tent has been erected to shield them from the view of passing motorists.

more at the link http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_5063730,00.html

I live not far from where this happened. Wonder if it's a carjacking. So sad.

Ugh.....Once again I am asking IS THERE NO LOVE LEFT IN THIS WORLD??????

The part about the Mom being found clutching her children is absolutely heartbreaking.:( :(

julianne said:
Ugh.....Once again I am asking IS THERE NO LOVE LEFT IN THIS WORLD??????

The part about the Mom being found clutching her children is absolutely heartbreaking.:( :(
I wonder if that means they were taken out of the car alive and then shot since she is still clutching them. The victims have been IDed but LE did not put out a description of what ever vehicle they had (if they had one).

A real let down here is the tolls had their cameras off so they were not recording according to the Palm Beach Post:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/treasurecoast/content/local_news/epaper/2006/10/13/1013bodies.html

The camera could have recorded if anyone was in the car with them.

HollywoodBound said:
I wonder if that means they were taken out of the car alive and then shot since she is still clutching them. The victims have been IDed but LE did not put out a description of what ever vehicle they had (if they had one).

A real let down here is the tolls had their cameras off so they were not recording according to the Palm Beach Post:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/treasurecoast/content/local_news/epaper/2006/10/13/1013bodies.html

The camera could have recorded if anyone was in the car with them.
What a terrible tragedy! I'm hardpressed to believe they picked up a hitchhiker. It does sound like a car-jacking, either by someone they know or by a stranger. It's sad to think that four young lives were lost over a vehicle.

let me guess..... illegal alien and children shot because she (or the family) could not come up with the money to pay (or refused to pay) the smuggler?

or,, probably more accurate-- another father gone psycho.

reb said:
let me guess..... illegal alien and children shot because she (or the family) could not come up with the money to pay (or refused to pay) the smuggler?

or,, probably more accurate-- another father gone psycho.
The way I understand it- the father was shot multiple times, too.

The image of the Mom holding her children breaks my heart! :(

yeah,, it's so sad that our society has come down to this.. that it's become a GOOD thing to have public cameras everywhere, to capture all the crimes that go down..

oh sorry,, guess i read too fast. OK, i'll go with #2 then.

unless,, of course, the father is still the murderer and the man found shot is someone else (the woman's brother, friend or boyfriend...?)

IdahoMom said:
The way I understand it- the father was shot multiple times, too.

The image of the Mom holding her children breaks my heart! :(
My heart is so sad. That poor family.

I just notice this additional info in the report below from FoxNews

It appears to be a Hispanic family," Mascara said. "The female had both the children clutched in a defensive mode, in an attempt to protect them. It gives the appearance that they were a family traveling."
(MORE below)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,220493,00.html

This is just heartbreaking.. those poor people.. children. That image of the mother protecting her children will haunt me...

i have to admit I was glad to hear that at least the mother did everything she could at that moment to protect those children...even down to shielding them as best as she could.. so vastly different then some of the crimes we read here. Its horrible to think that they were just taken out of a car and executed..no one deserves to be terrorized and shot to death this way. I am certain that heaven has opened their gates and each is wrapped tightly in an angels wings now..

This is so terribly sad. Those poor people. I hope they can verify the identities quickly and find if the murderer is somebody they knew. I can't imagine even the sickest person killing an entire family over a car. I will not be surprised if this proves to be something very personal.

What is the point of having security cameras if you are not going to have them on?

Sorry Floridians, nothing personal, but your state is at the top of my list to avoid. It just seems that there is an inordinate quantity of violent and sexual crimes there -- and lots of child victims. You need to eliminate the entire current body of people whose responsibility it is to look out for and police your state and replace them with competent people. I don't care if they're liberal or conservative, just put some effective government in place! (sorry, I am just really getting fed up with all the incomprehensible killings)

HOW could anyone shoot a child? I just don't get it....

Cypros said:
Sorry Floridians, nothing personal, but your state is at the top of my list to avoid. It just seems that there is an inordinate quantity of violent and sexual crimes there -- and lots of child victims. You need to eliminate the entire current body of people whose responsibility it is to look out for and police your state and replace them with competent people. I don't care if they're liberal or conservative, just put some effective government in place! (sorry, I am just really getting fed up with all the incomprehensible killings)
This is really a sad case. When I first moved here a family of I think 5 were all murdered and they caught the guy that day so I only hope they can do the same here.

I heard on Fox news they turn those cameras on only after someone calls 911 to report an accident. I'm guessing these are different cameras then toll booth cameras which maybe are on all the time? We have eazy passes here and people would be speeding right through if there were no cameras.

Sounds like this crime was not planned very well though the guy did get away so far. By being on the turnpike he ran such a strong chance of a car passing as he's shooting or getting back in his car. Also if he wanted to take a fast road he could have taken i95 south which parallels the turnpike and has no toll booths which I thought had cameras, I'm still not sure if they do.

Oh I know alot about cameras!

The officer said the camera is one that has to be turned on by request, like to serveil traffic, and that it doesn't record. So it is one that can be turned on if there is a problem and someone on duty can monitor it live. It must be on kind of a lonely stretch of road even though it gets busy, or not a real problem area for accidents or whatever.

Scandi

dragonfly said:
I just notice this additional info in the report below from FoxNews

It appears to be a Hispanic family," Mascara said. "The female had both the children clutched in a defensive mode, in an attempt to protect them. It gives the appearance that they were a family traveling."
(MORE below)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,220493,00.html

I so hope they catch this monster soon. What a horrible, horrible, story.

My heart breaks for each of them and their families. Have they said if they have gotten in touch with their family members yet? I know they have their names already.

TIA

Ocean

scandi said:
Oh I know alot about cameras!

The officer said the camera is one that has to be turned on by request, like to serveil traffic, and that it doesn't record. So it is one that can be turned on if there is a problem and someone on duty can monitor it live. It must be on kind of a lonely stretch of road even though it gets busy, or not a real problem area for accidents or whatever.

Scandi
Does that mean the toll booths don't have their own cameras separate from the live cameras you described?
I'm wondering if they still may have a video of the car.

cypros- how do you know it was over a car?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back