GA - Michael Pearson for child molestation, Hapeville, 2001

southcitymom

Reaction score
Website
www.janicefahy.com
Judge gives child molester an earful

Staff report
Published on: 10/13/06
Fulton County Superior Court Judge Craig Schwall made no attempt to hide his disdain this week in sentencing a convicted child molester.

Here are his excerpted comments in court as he sentenced 48-year-old Michael J. Pearson on one count each of child molestation and aggravated sexual battery on Pearson's 5-year-old step-granddaughter.

The offenses occurred in 2001 while the girl was living with Pearson and his wife in a Hapeville motel.

The assistant district attorney is Rewa Collier, who is asked by the judge about the calls Pearson made from jail, attempting to enlist his wife in discouraging the victim from testifying. The victim's name has been redacted by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2006/10/13/1013metmolesttext.html

An excerpt:

Schwall: The grandmother of these children, your wife, is a coward. She is a coward because she can't come and sit in this courtroom and let all these jurors see that you're more important to her as a sexual predator than her grandchildren. She is a coward because she can have all these phone conversations and try to influence witnesses and try to tamper with witnesses, but she can't come here and let this jury see her face, and I cannot imagine the mothers of these children allowing them to have anything to do with the woman you're married to. And if I look or sound upset, I am. I am going to impute the conduct of the grandmother to you.

THAT most certainly had to be said.

there's more and i bow down to this judge for saying what HAS to be said to these molesters and outcasts of society! :banghead:

Wow! Got to love that judge. He really tells it like it is. We need more (many more) judges like him. Way to go, Judge.

Wow, what a wonderful judge. I sure wish there were more like him

Way to go judge! I think, if I'd been in the courtroom, I would have given him a standing ovation. And then some baliff would drag me away.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What a great judge!!

Awesome judge. Just when you think the system is broken here comes a good guy...not afraid to stand up for justice and his convictions. Hooray!

Wow! If only there were a few more like him around hey? I am so protective of my kids and I can't imagine them bing in a vulnerable situation.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Wahoo finally someone who says what has needed to be said for the longest time. Brilliant!

Maybe we should all start sending a thank you or a note ackknowledging these judges who get it right.. even if we are not local.....?

He is sooo all we wish for in a judge!!

I wish him a long and fruitful tenure!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Another great judge like Foradora that I posted in the spring who, BTW, sent another one up the river last month, for a good long time. My hat's off to these fine judges! :clap:

FAAAAR OUT KUDOS GOD BLESS HIM. PRAY more like him come along !!! YEEESSS. can't say enough about this judge EXCEPT GOD BLESS>

opme said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Wahoo finally someone who says what has needed to be said for the longest time. Brilliant!

Maybe we should all start sending a thank you or a note ackknowledging these judges who get it right.. even if we are not local.....?

I'm willing to do that if someone can provide an address.

SewingDeb said:
I'm willing to do that if someone can provide an address.

Superior Court of Fulton County
136 Pryor Street S. W., Suite C-640
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
404 730-4518

That is a judge who definitely deserves a standing ovation!!!!! Wow...he didn't mince his words. We need more like him...and I am sending him a card!!!!!!

ETA: I looked him up. This is the building where he is:
Craig L. Schwall
Justice Center Tower
185 Central Avenue, SW
Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 335-8667

concernedperson said:
Superior Court of Fulton County
136 Pryor Street S. W., Suite C-640
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
404 730-4518
See my above post. Senior Judges are in the Pryor Street bldg.

If she knew and did nothing - or even worse WITNESSED and did nothing, I would think absolutely she should be charged. I mean he's not even denying it to her, how can she stand by him? I could see if she was in shock and just didn't believe it at all a little, but he's recruiting her to help him beat the charges even saying if the child testifies, he's done for.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back