PA - Convicted child killer George Allen Keith escapes State Hospital, Dec 1999

ihadcabinfever

Reaction score
http://www.pacrimestoppers.org/fugitive/729.htm

The Pennsylvania State Police Warren, in conjunction with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, continues their search for George Allen Keith who is wanted for Escape. On December 21, 1999, at approximately 1:10 P.M., Keith walked away from the Warren State Hospital. The institution is located along State Route 62, Conewago Township, Warren County. Keith was permitted to be outside of the building by himself, but was not permitted to leave the grounds of the hospital.

In 1975, Keith was tried for the Criminal Homicide of a 12-year-old girl in Clearfield County, Pennsylvania. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity at the time and was committed to Farview State Hospital in the Scranton area. Keith was later transferred to Warren State Hospital in 1982, where he remained a patient until the time of his escape.

Authorities state that Keith may use the first name of Jake or Snuffy. He has contacts in Conneatville, Crawford County as well as family in the Clearfield County area.

What You Can Do:
If you have information on this "Fugitive Of The Week" or any other serious crime or wanted Person, call Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers Toll Free at 1-800-4PA-TIPS. Callers could be eligible for cash rewards up to $ 1,000.00 and you may remain anonymous.

Sounds like a scene from the movie Halloween. I hope they catch him. He sounds like he will do it again.

Yikes. (((shudder)))

Okay, he escaped in 1999. That's 7 years ago... Think he's still in Pennsylvania? I agree with gardenmom, and I wonder if he has killed again...

They say once a pedophile, always a pedophile :eek:

On the lam for 7 years. That's amazing. Hard to believe he hasn't gone back to his old ways, isn't it? Maybe he picked a rural area where he could get lost and changed his name. Down South where people are more relaxed and easy goin'.

Scandi

That's pretty amazing alright, But the thing that holds me back from thinking it could be him is he was too mental to serve time in prison. This guy looks pretty sharp. They seem to have a different persona they vibrate, one a professional guy, the other definately not! LOL :slap: :slap:

Scandi

scandi said:
That's pretty amazing alright, But the thing that holds me back from thinking it could be him is he was too mental to serve time in prison. This guy looks pretty sharp. They seem to have a different persona they vibrate, one a professional guy, the other definately not! LOL :slap: :slap:

Scandi
The color pic looks younger and thinner and that makes think they are different people . . but just to be thorough: I think that going from the big heavy frames of the older pic (which was likely taken prior to his escape in 1999) to either thinner wire frames or no frames might make a face look younger and more of professional type. Combine that change with a weight change due to good old diet and exercise and you could look years younger. I am not sure it could make the amount of difference I see in the pic though (I doubt it.) I mostly posted the picture just to share the coincidence of the thing.

The man is schizophrenic and was also on Antabuse for alcohol addiction. Both would tend to age a man (as would living in a psychiatric hospital in general). My guess is once he skipped, he had no access to any of his meds and is living on the streets somewhere.

Bluecat said:
The man is schizophrenic and was also on Antabuse for alcohol addiction. Both would tend to age a man (as would living in a psychiatric hospital in general). My guess is once he skipped, he had no access to any of his meds and is living on the streets somewhere.
Not to mention the time of year he left. I'm wondering if he didn't just die of exposure and they haven't found him. I'm very much inclined to agree that he joined the millions of untreated victims of mental illness on the streets.

Futhermore, he was accused of murdering a 12 year old girl - I have yet to see anything of him sexually abusing children. Murdering a child, though a terrible thing, does not make a person a pedophile. Alcohol abuse is prevalent in all cases of severe mental illness - its self-medication to them.

Yea Doc, I knew that, and what you do like this is always appreciated and very interesting indeed. They did have a startling resemblance.

Hi Pardilia, interesting. I guess I assumed he was a pedophile because of the age of the girl :slap: So you don't think in 7 years he has been able to get it together enough to go back to his old ways?

What you say about the mentally ill who live on the street and take meds to appear somewhat normal is so true. Several years ago the State of Oregon changed their public medical program and cut it way back. I was bussing it at that time as I had no car, and I suddenly started seeing all kinds of weird things - talking to themselves, continual movement, saying things you couldn't understand, etc. Really sad. This guy could be out there somewhere living on the street as you say.

Scandi

scandi said:
Hi Pardilia, interesting. I guess I assumed he was a pedophile because of the age of the girl :slap: So you don't think in 7 years he has been able to get it together enough to go back to his old ways?
I wouldn't consider a one time event something to "go back to". Without knowing more about his life, I'd say anything could have set him off to kill *anyone* - she might have merely have been who was there at the time, so to speak. Now, if he had killed more than once, I would have a different opinion. :)

He left the institution in the middle of the winter without any provisions, which isn't a good sign. He probably had maybe a week at the most before his symptoms were back and that's if he was being successfully medicated when he left. He could have decided to avoid taking his medicine and that's why he wandered off in the first place. Its kind of strange to me that he would wait that many years before "making a break for it". He either died of exposure or is barely existing on the streets.

Once on the streets he wouldn't have access to ANY of his meds, so he wouldn't appear "normal" at all. Whatever sort of schizophrenia he had would be painfully obvious. A large percentage of homeless people are untreated victims of mental illness.

It's odd, because that crimestoppers shows escape from PA, but someone has cached a copy of the FBI bulletin (which is no longer on the FBI site) showing escape from VA. I am guessing that the PA is correct, but it's still strange.

http://www.members.tripod.com/Price_Of_Blood/keith.htm

It is possible that he survived the winter either locally or possibly he could have hitchhiked south to warmer climates. I would think that if he had been found deceased, he would have been identified from fingerprints and the case closed, unless for some reason his body was not found or was decomposed.

Bluecat said:
It's odd, because that crimestoppers shows escape from PA, but someone has cached a copy of the FBI bulletin (which is no longer on the FBI site) showing escape from VA. I am guessing that the PA is correct, but it's still strange.

http://www.members.tripod.com/Price_Of_Blood/keith.htm

It is possible that he survived the winter either locally or possibly he could have hitchhiked south to warmer climates. I would think that if he had been found deceased, he would have been identified from fingerprints and the case closed, unless for some reason his body was not found or was decomposed.
I saw that on another page and I found a newspaper article stating that he had confessed to murdering the girl because he thought she was a member of the Viet Cong - with no mention of rape, either.

http://teamlegaleagles.com/gallery/wanted/Allen

pardilia said:
I wouldn't consider a one time event something to "to". Without knowing more about his life, I'd say anything could have set him off to kill *anyone* -. . .
True but also I consider this: He was ill enough to become violent with someone. He was kept off the streets because he was judged mentally ill after he had committed a violent crime. Now he is back on the streets, probably without proper meds, and may revert to the mental state that made him dangerous when he last committed a violent crime. Last time he picked a victem physically smaller than himself. I read in a post here that he claimed he thought she was VC. If I take that as truth on his part then when he reverts to that mental state he may again see people smaller and shorter than himself as VC.

A person who was ill enough to harm someone once may, without proper meds, return to a poor mental state & harm someone else.

Keith was a madman with a history of sexually abusing his own children. There is no evidence that he ever served over-seas so his claim that Tracey reminded him of a viet-cong was absurd. After he dumped her body under a tree in Philipsburg, Centre County, he went to a bar and had a few drinks like nothing had happened.
He grew up in a very rural area of Clearfield County and had the ability and knowledge of surviving a harsh enviroment. He came from a low economic back-round and was used to such things. I believe that he is still out there somewhere as do most people from this area.
Tracey was a vibrant beautiful young lady, who will always be missed.

Thanks for bumping this thread. I have never heard of this guy. I am going to read up on him - hope he is caught!

Thanks for bumping this thread. I have never heard of this guy. I am going to read up on him - hope he is caught!

I hope this image comes up right, if not I've put an additional link below this of the pa crime stoppers. Thanks for adding a new pair of eyes to this case.
imgres

www.pacrimestoppers.org/fugitive/729.htm

Boy, he looks like he could just fit right into society. So scary. I wish they had photos of his tattoos or more photos of him.

Boy, he looks like he could just fit right into society. So scary. I wish they had photos of his tattoos or more photos of him.

I haven't been able to come up with any other photos as yet, but I will continue to look. I can remember as a small child seeing him, as a matter of fact he used to hitch rides on our school bus, how creepy is that? And he always wore a cowboy hat and boots. I can also remember that as kids we tried to stay as far away from him as we could. He just looked at you so wierd and our parents told us not to talk to him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back