cooke_rachel10.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cooke_rachel.html

Missing Persons Cold Case Network file: Rachel Louise Cooke

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: January 10, 2002 from Georgetown, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: May 10, 1982
Height and Weight: 5'2; 110-120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde hair; hazel eyes. Cooke has auburn steaks in her hair. She has two heart-shaped cherries tattooed on her left shoulder. Cooke also has a black star tattooed on her left foot near her pinky toe. Her ears are pierced multiple times with one piercing in the upper cartilage. Cooke's navel is pierced.
NCIC Number: M-522142512

http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/rcooke.html
(details of disappearance w/ a pic of possible suspect(s) included)

Robert, I have read your posts on another forum for quite a while. I think of you and your family often. You have been such an advocate for other missing people. Thank you for doing such good work in the face of such a senseless and heart-breaking event.

Mr. Cooke, welcome to Websleuths. I've read your posts on Court TV's message board, and I hope you will post updates and events you are involved with here also. Good to see you!

Thank you. I'm be glad to post here as long as people stay interested in all missing persons. There are many of the missing who never make the national news or even the local news.

I've quit appending on some other forums because people were only intertested in 1 or 2 major missing person cases.

Mr. Cooke,

also, I welcome you to Websleuths..
I have started looking at all the websites, and reading your journal, and I admire your dedication and perseverence.

It is a problem that the media get focussed on one case and virtually ignore many others, very frustrating.

Shakira Johnson in Cleveland for example, another girl was missing and an Amber alert was issued, and the girl located, yet why was none issued for Shakira?

Keep up the good work. You are model to all of us.

Originally posted by Doyle
It is a problem that the media get focussed on one case and virtually ignore many others, very frustrating.

Shakira Johnson in Cleveland for example, another girl was missing and an Amber alert was issued, and the girl located, yet why was none issued for Shakira?

Keep up the good work. You are model to all of us.

I'm sorry to say it's not just the media. Law enforcement does not react like they should. They go with statistics for missing teenagers and adults and assume teens are runaways and adults left on their own.

LE needs to listen closely during the interviews with the missing person's friends and family.

Very few abductions have a witness.

Mr Cooke, That is so very sad yet true and is part of the reason why I'm drawn to these types of unsolved cases. This is the age group that almost essentially falls through the cracks, single young individuals just starting out into the real life adult world and the fact that this is one of the most vulnerable times in life in a lot of ways often gets completely overlooked. I've really been active in keeping these topics active and have along the way run into some others such as Litlstar and others who you see frequenting this section who are just as fascinated about these cases as I am. Between us and Doyle who does the great job of moderating this forum and letting us jabber away adding whatever we need to about the cases, I think it's possible you will get the most feedback here about your daughter's case. :cool:

Originally posted by Up2theminute
Yes, RCooke is Robert Cooke Rachel's father, as far as everything I know.

Up2,
Oh wow, thanks for letting me know.
Misty

Originally posted by RCOOKE
Rachel's web site is http://www.rachelcookesearch.org

Mr Cooke,
Welcome. My heart goes out to you and your family. I can't fathom what it must be like to not know what happened to your beautiful daughter. I am a long time follower of missing persons cases and remember when I first heard about Rachel's disappearance. She is in my prayers, you all are. God will take care of her.
Misty

As Up2theminute said on the Molly Bish thread, we were in the middle of discussion on Rachel's case before the other forum crashed. I'm trying to remember what had been discussed, so if anyone can help out, it's appreciated.
I recall that I had asked Mr. Cooke if the possibility of a serial killer had been explored. He replied that the authorities had checked out all possible suspects in the area and there had not been any other people missing under similar circumstances in the area, either. I think, Up2, that you had questioned this? I know we hesitate to completely trust LE in many cases and tend to quickly conclude that it is a repeat offender in the area that is responsible.
I can't remember where I read it, but I thought I recalled something about a male co-worker at the restaurant that was under suspicion or a patron of the restaurant?

Originally posted by Litlstar04
As Up2theminute said on the Molly Bish thread, we were in the middle of discussion on Rachel's case before the other forum crashed. I'm trying to remember what had been discussed, so if anyone can help out, it's appreciated.

As with most missing person and murder cases, the perpetrator is usually someone who knows the victim or knows of them. This could be a family member, friend, coworker, or a person in the area such as a construction worker. Since we haven't had a lot of activity in the area since Rachel disappeared I think the above is even more true. A serial murderer or abductor tends to repeat the act within a few months.

I can't really discuss leads or suspects on the Internet. You never know who's reading this.

That is very true, and I thank you for sharing the information with us that you do.
Were you ever able to have that lake searched? I remember reading something about it over at Court TV...

This is about 40 miles from our house.

Bones found are confirmed human
10/7/2003 6:44 PM
By: News 8 Austin Staff

Travis County Medical Examiners have confirmed bones found in Southeast Austin are human.

Police said someone found the remains Monday evening -- in a grassy area in the 4500 block of East Ben White -- about 50 yards from the roadway.

news8austin.com

I read on your website that you thought it'd be a good idea to have a big name like Willy Nelson play at the 2004 concert. I think that is a fantastic idea! I can't imagine why someone like that wouldn't want to help you out. Have you tried contacting Willy Nelson directly? Maybe we could all try to find out how you can get in contact with him...
Please keep us posted when you hear any news on the remains found near your home. In the meantime, our prayers and support are with you and your family.

Hello Mr Cooke,
I spent all afternoon yesterday on your website, reading your heartbreaking story. Please know that you and your family, and especially Rachel, are in my thoughts and my prayers.

To the rest of the kind souls on the Missing threads,
I lurk on this thread daily, watching for updates on these sad stories. You have inspired me to search out stories on missing children and adults in my own country (Canada), to see if there is anything I can do here at home. I do not know anyone (personally) that is missing, I can only imagine the pain of the victims and the families.
God Bless you all
Canuck

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74