SUV's Alumni Soccer Match ~ In memory of Janet

L L & S

Reaction score
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 21, 2006 – Southern Virginia University[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
2006 SVU’s Alumni Soccer Match Homecoming Weekend will be held on Saturday October 21, 2006 to promote awareness for the Janet Christiansen Abaroa Pioneer Scholarship awarded to a continuing women’s soccer player who displays sportsmanship, academic success, and athletic success, in Memory of Janet Marie Christiansen Abaroa.

For more information please go to the Tears For Janet website and click on announcements or follow this link
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [url]http://www.tearsforjanet.com/Announcements.htm[/font][/url]

Thank you for the information LL&S. I wish I would have known about it sooner, I could have made arrangements to be there.

Anyone know if Raven :loser:will be there?

How wonderful that so many people are still doing things in honor and remembrance of Janet. I hope that she knows how deeply she touched people.

I'm wondering if the Raven is going. He did go to Homecoming last year, I believe, but then again, that's located in Virginia not North Carolina, so it's a good bet he will show up.

If he does show up, (though he didn't go to Janet's Candlelight Vigil, because he was too busy filing bankruptcy on the anniversary of her murder) I hope he brings Kaiden, so the Christiansen's get time with him.

Knowing Raven, if he does show up, he will try to make this weekend about him and work on sympathy and getting into the limelight, which he's so fond of.

I can see him trying to ask for money towards the Memorial Fund his family set up, which imo is probably defunct now.

In the bankruptcy papers, he had two credit union accounts (probably a relative's credit union) one was for a vehicle, the other I believe may have been the Trust Fund set up hours after Janet was murdered.

I have a feeling that the Trust Fund is the -$35.00 that was bankrupted, though I thought that fund was for Kaiden, but most of us know better than that (you know he had to fund his biking trips.)

I hope the soccer game tomorrow is a huge success and that a lot of money is raised towards the Scholorship Program in Janet's name and the family and friends of Janet continue to be in my prayers!

I was hoping to get an update from the game. Hoping someone checks in later. I pray everything is going well.

Anyone with an update?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

..homecoming weekend-------------to promote awareness of his MURDERED WIFE'S pioneer scholarship??? if he DID NOT attend-------------then i guess we all know where RAVEN'S thoughts are..

..you would think of course that an innocent spouse would definitely attend such an event.------------------in fact you would think that he would have been promoting events since the tragic MURDER to keep his slain wife's story out there........

..based on his past behaviour, i wouldn't be surprised at all to hear that he was a no show.

..raven..............murdered wife/murdered unborn baby 101---------------show up for vigils! attend events in their honor!------------to not do so makes you out to be even more of a jerk than we could ever have thought possible----------(although LE probably substitutes 'jerk' for SUSPECT # 1 -------works for me...)

.sleep tight raven, and know this, they're closing in on you, not many more good sleeps left for you--------------or do you seriously sleep well now ? do you hear her screaming for mercy ? do you break into a sweat knowing that you killed your own unborn child ?

..OJ may have gotten away with it---------but don't kid yourself raven----------you are hardly a celebrity.it's just a matter of time, keep watching over your shoulder.

I am wondering if Raven showed up as well. I think he would show up since it wasn't in North Carolina. He showed up to the last one.

It appears that there was also a dinner that evening:

WebCalendar

Janet Abaroa Soccer Dinner ( Glen Maury Park)

Description:Meet us at the doubledecker facility at Glen Maury Park.
(Sponsor: J. Bouchelle)
Date:Saturday, October 21, 2006
Time:6:00pm
Priority:Medium
Access:public
Created by:D'Ann Stoddard
Updated:Friday, October 20, 2006 6:52pm

So we still don't know if Raven attended, we still don't know if he left the bike shop - what's happened to this forum? :(

Sadly, I'm beginning to think that this case is cold. Maybe Raven didn't do it after all. I can't see any other reason why he wouldn't have been arrested by now if he did - at least for 2nd degree murder. :waitasec: Maybe we should start a new poll.

Jersey, I understand that Raven DID attend.... beyond that I don't know. Haven't heard or read anything else.

I would dearly love for some newbies to show up and throw a fresh perspective on all of this. Sadly, Janet's case has been overshadowed by the Duke LaX case and the bizzare stuff going on with the Durham LE.

I bet Raven is loving all of that mess.

L L & S said:
Sadly, Janet's case has been overshadowed by ... the bizzare stuff going on with the Durham LE.
So I say they should fire all of those involved and start over with a new group of LE that are genuinely interested in solving crime, not participating in it. And get this damned case solved already. :banghead:

Maybe fresh eyes on this case would make a difference.

Okay, so word is then that Raven DID attend. If I'm understanding correctly, the point of the game was to raise awareness of the scholarship fund? Was it also to raise money for the fund? Was there a registration fee or a required donation or something to play in the game? Did Raven play in the game? Did Raven speak, bring a check, etc.?

I know that you don't know LL&S - I'm just throwing these questions out there to anyone that might know. Thanks for discussing this case with me today. :)

No problem Jersey.
1.gif
I would love to hear the answers to those questions also.

I wonder what Kaiden was for Halloween and who he went trick-or-treating with. When my kids were that small we would hop in the car and trick-or-treat Grandma, and her neighbors, the people who pretty much watched me grow up. It was great fun. I hope Kaiden had fun.

I hope so too. He deserves to have the most fun, most normal childhood possible.

lauriej said:
..homecoming weekend-------------to promote awareness of his MURDERED WIFE'S pioneer scholarship??? if he DID NOT attend-------------then i guess we all know where RAVEN'S thoughts are..

..you would think of course that an innocent spouse would definitely attend such an event.------------------in fact you would think that he would have been promoting events since the tragic MURDER to keep his slain wife's story out there........

..based on his past behaviour, i wouldn't be surprised at all to hear that he was a no show.

..raven..............murdered wife/murdered unborn baby 101---------------show up for vigils! attend events in their honor!------------to not do so makes you out to be even more of a jerk than we could ever have thought possible----------(although LE probably substitutes 'jerk' for SUSPECT # 1 -------works for me...)

.sleep tight raven, and know this, they're closing in on you, not many more good sleeps left for you--------------or do you seriously sleep well now ? do you hear her screaming for mercy ? do you break into a sweat knowing that you killed your own unborn child ?

..OJ may have gotten away with it---------but don't kid yourself raven----------you are hardly a celebrity.it's just a matter of time, keep watching over your shoulder.
LOL lj! Maybe they should have played soccer at the vigil, he just might have showed up.

He'll never show up to anything in NC unless he gets arrested.

I agree. Raven will never return to NC unless forced to do so.

This is some information that I just found out from another alum.

There was a dinner for Janet (which, amazing Raven attended) and the former coach opened up the floor for memories and Mr. Abaroa got up and shared a few (boy would I have loved to be there and seen the stillness in the room). Raven also helped make some bracelets that were going to be sold with the proceeds going to the scholarship fund (how unselfish of him, money going somewhere other than his pocket).

Luckily Kaiden got to spend some time with Janet's family. Probably not enough, but some.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back