NY - Brooklyn body snatchers

2sisters

Reaction score
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/461831p-388575c.html
It took the ghouls 45 minutes to take out the bones, then another 15 minutes for the skin, arms, and belly, according to a key figure in the Brooklyn-based body-snatching case.

As new charges in the gruesome case loom, the Daily News got an unprecedented look at shocking new details. "We wore surgical gowns and caps," said Lee Cruceta, a "cutter" for the ring allegedly headed by ex-dentist Michael Mastromarino. "We worked on embalming tables; some were stainless steel, others were the old porcelain."

Do not follow the link if you are weak stomached, i don't knwo what to make of this. They disrespected, violated and stole dead humans from funeral homes out of pure greed but in the end 10,000 were given a better life with a life saving organ or life improving skin.

Interesting article, thanks for posting it.

These men are called "ghouls" because they harvested body parts. Actually, the manner in which they did it is wrong, if it was without proper permits, etc. Sounds like they were being surgically clean, most parts are transported in coolers (clearly marked "Human Eyes" or what-ever).

Most importantly: "More than 10,000 people in the U.S., Canada, Britain and other countries received the body parts." My former employer used human cadaver tissue in one of his surgeries! Oh my! I wonder!!!! :eek: :D

It was interesting. If the company can prove that it was the funeral directors' responsibility to obtain the proper consent, they cutters and the company they work for might get off.

These cases are of interest to me since my daughter had a transplant. So many people can benefit from organ donation, yet I still believe that it is up to the family or person that died to decide.

Amraann said:
This should be in crimes in the news.
i know, I meant to put it there, I realized it was in the worng place after I did it.

The problem with this is the forged or non-existant medical histories of the "donors". If the organs or bones were from someone with a genetic disease or cancer that had metastasized, then the recipient would be now carrying that disease. Not all transplants are for life threatening conditions. A bone graft, or transplant of a non-vital nature could end up giving the pecipient a fatal disease.

Another thing I noticed is these were bodies taken from mostly low income areas. Looks like the poor are disrespected even after death.

These people all knew what they were doing. I don't believe for an instant anyone in this group didn't know what they were doing was criminal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back