AZ AZ - Brandy Myers, 13, Phoenix, 26 May 1992

No new information, but here is what is in her Doenetwork file:

------------------------------------------------------------
Brandy Lynn Myers
Missing since May 26, 1992 from Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona.
Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: March 13, 1979
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4' 9" - 145 cm, 75 lbs - 34 kg
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blond hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a scar on her cheek and upper left knee. She wears glasses. (description not available). Pierced ears.
Clothing: She was wearing a green T-shirt, a denim skirt, and pink high-top tennis shoes.
Medical Conditions: Diagnosed with brain damage.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Myers was last seen in a "Smitty's" grocery store parking lot in the vicinity of her home accompanied by a friend who entered the store. When she returned, Myers had vanished.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Phoenix Police Department
Missing Persons Detail
602-262-6141

NCIC Number: M-568302466
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
The Doe Network: Case File 632DFAZ

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/632dfaz.html

Wow---strange.

I remember this story, and I remember her name, and I remember it all very very clearly and have never forgotten this. What I DON'T remember is her disappearing from outside a store while her friend went inside. What I do remember, VERY CLEARLY, is that she disappeared from her own neighborhood while going door-to-door ALONE while doing a fundraising project for her school.

I don't have her confused with someone else.

I remember it clear as yesterday.

?????????????????????

I'm really confused now---because I don't remember her being with anyone at the time.

julianne - here on the mpccn website it explains what you remembered about her collecting money for a fundraiser.

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: May 26, 1992 from Phoenix, Arizona
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: March 13, 1979
Height and Weight: 4'9; 75 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde hair; blue eyes. Myers has scars on her upper left knee and on one of her cheeks. She has pierced ears. Myers wears eyeglasses.
Medical Conditions: Myers has been diagnosed with brain damage.
<li>NCIC Number: M-568302466 Details of Disappearance
Myers was last seen at approximately 8:00 PM on May 26, 1992 in Phoenix, Arizona. She was on the corner of 10th Street and Hatcher Street at the time with a friend. They were collecting money for a school fundraiser. Myers' friend went inside Smitty's grocery store for a moment while Myers waited in the business' parking lot. Her friend returned outside and saw that Myers had disappeared. She has never been seen again.
Myers was last seen wearing a green t-shirt, a denim skirt and pink high-top tennis shoes.

I had never heard of either of these little girls before today.

http://www.kpho.com/news/27286691/detail.html

"Brandy Myers was just 13 years old when she disappeared. It was one day before Aumock's body was found.

"There's some weird similarities," said Somershoe. "Shannon wore thick glasses. Brandy Myers wore thick glasses. They were a similar age.""

I have only recently heard about this case but something has occured to me. Since this girl was brain damaged and very naieve and trusting, it would be very possible for some sicko to keep her prisoner and eventually brainwash her into forgetting who she was. We saw what happened in Jaycee Dugard's case, and who is to say that there aren't other long missing children being held against their will who have completely forgotten their former lives. Brandy was a very pretty girl, so something like this shouldn't be completely ruled out. Has LE checked to see if there were any registered sex offeners living in the area when she vanished?

Bumping for Brandy; 19 years ago today :( Please come home soon sweetie.

I thought maybe I would add some help. I come from around this area, where she went missing is definitely not a safe area for a white female. The area is called Sunnyslope. They have a lot of lower income housing and rehab, and hospitals around the area.
Bumping for Brandy- she always is in my thoughts.

I wonder what the chances are that Brandy and Shannon Aumock's cases are related? The similarities between the two are very striking... It sounds like they definitely could be, but if it was the work of the same person why would they just have gone for two girls in such a short period of time, and never struck again?

Here's an article about Shannon, her body was found the during the initial search for Brandy: http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/article_0c474694-54e6-11e0-95f5-001cc4c002e0.html

I think Shannon was estimated to have been murdered about a month before her body was found.

To the top with you!

This still haunts me. I was friends w/ Brandy in 6th grade and remember being questioned at home because my first name matched the one given to LE at the time as being the last person with her. It wasn't me, though. We never actually hung out together outside of school.

As an adult I made a connection that I couldn't make as a kid and called it in. I knew a girl who worked at Smitty's who had a habit of harassing Brandy at school. This girl's younger sister's first name also matched the name given to LE. I gave their names to LE, and the circumstances as to why they could be connected, about 5 or so years ago, but I don't know if anything came of it since I have no idea what happened to them after 6th grade.

For years I was so sure the sketches of Shannon matched Brandy. I didn't know Shannon was given a name until today (I haven't been active on WS lately). Their resemblance to one another is uncanny.

Bumping for Brandy!
Has anyone got any info? Does anyone think a serial killer may be involved?

The Shannon Aumock case being so similar to Brandy's definitely makes you wonder. The thing is though, for all we know it's just some bad coincidence. And plus, like I said earlier, why would they strike twice in a period of about a month, and never strike again?

I have so many questions about those two cases. If you look at poor Shannon's case and past life, she had a very, very, very dark past. She went from foster home to foster home and had serious behavioural problems. Poor girl, I wonder how she met her killer?

Also, I wonder if Brandy knew her attacker? This person did it very smoothly and quietly, If there was a struggle, then I'm sure at least someone would've noticed little Brandy being kidnapped in the parking lot. I wonder how they got her to go with them?

What also haunts me is that the degenerate, disgusting sick human being who did this got away with it. They could very well be still out there, and that's awful to think about.

I think there is a serial killer. Tara, I grew up in the area... in between where Shannon was found and Brandy was missing. Both of these cases are kind of my pet cases. Whenever I look at Brandy I kind of get the eebgeebees. I think he went to jail for awhile, and is either still in or he has preyed again... likely when I was 10-12 when Mikelle Biggs went missing. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/biggs_mikelle.html Note the middle picture.

I'm such a wuss when it comes to kids dying. It disturbs me forever.

Why they died is my only concern. jmo

Let's stop kids gm death. gah..

I'm from Scottsdale as well, I think Brandy's case bothers me a lot as well because it really hits home for me.

Wow! The middle picture resembles Shannon and Brandy a lot! Do you think he may be responsible for all of these?

Then again, it also seems very likely that Brandy personally knew the perpetrator. Gahh, this case is making my brain hurt!

I can say this.

When I was younger- around the age Mikelle was (she was a year older than me). I had an experience in North Phoenix (about 3 miles away from Brandy's missing location), that still creeps me out - and I was legit the same hair color, glasses, body type. I do think there is a connection of some sort.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back