Judge Orders Woman Not To Get Pregnant

ajc2804

Reaction score
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- A judge is giving Mandy Nelson an unusual order -- don't get pregnant.

Nelson, who already has three children, was given probation by a judge in a forgery case. But if Nelson wants to stay out of jail, she can't have another baby out of wedlock.

The Buchanan County, Mo., circuit judge also ordered Nelson to perform community service, pay restitution and go back to school for her GED or high school diploma.

The 26-year-old Nelson said she's shocked by the judge's no-preggers order. But Nelson noted she had an operation to make her sterile after the birth of her third baby.

http://www.wjactv.com/family/10112364/detail.html

As great as it is that the judge made the order its a tad late.

Maybe other judges will take a page out of this ones book and start ordering this in cases of neglect and abuse as well.

Amraann said:
As great as it is that the judge made the order its a tad late.

Maybe other judges will take a page out of this ones book and start ordering this in cases of neglect and abuse as well.
I think this is a bit extreme. She was charged with forgery - not abuse or neglect.

Masterj said:
I think this is a bit extreme. She was charged with forgery - not abuse or neglect.
Why was she forging? To get money? To support the 3 kids she has? Doing drugs?

I don't think its extreme. This is a women with 3 kids (no doubt with different daddies) Commiting felonies .. No education..
IMO She has no right having more children until she can legally support the ones she has.
Had he sent her to prison those kids would then be in the care of the state at the expense of taxpayers.

I think it's nuts! And until they give the same order to men, they can all kiss my butt. Takes more than one to get that way but it seems we are once again the only ones to have our personal body organs on some kind of control.

It sets up a precedence of degrading and controlling woman when we allow that to happen. I can see it if she'd hurt a child.

When was the last time a man was told to wrap it up after he'd committed some crime?

Birth control. A very serious subject especially for those not equipped to support the child.

This woman obviously had her tubes tied after the last child which I have heard the gov. will pay for after the third child. So the judges words were lost in the wind.

I am almost sixty years old. My mother was taking birth control pills back in the sixties when I was a child. I have never taken them, my husband had a vasectomy when we decided we could only afford one child.

The subject of unwanted, neglected children make me furious because there are options available to prevent unwanted pregnacies. I refuse to sympathize with anyone who finds themself in a mess because they just can't afford to take care of their own, theres just too many. Yes, some accidently end up with their lives out of control, but there are thousands who venture into the single parenthood life style because they want to and can't make it. Better education in the school system may help the young people understand how expensive life is.

BhamMama said:
I think it's nuts! And until they give the same order to men, they can all kiss my butt. Takes more than one to get that way but it seems we are once again the only ones to have our personal body organs on some kind of control.

It sets up a precedence of degrading and controlling woman when we allow that to happen. I can see it if she'd hurt a child.

When was the last time a man was told to wrap it up after he'd committed some crime?
I cerainly understand where you are coming from, but unfortunalty, it is the woman ( and the tax payers ) that end up raising these children- not the man

Beyond Belief said:
Birth control. A very serious subject especially for those not equipped to support the child.

This woman obviously had her tubes tied after the last child which I have heard the gov. will pay for after the third child. So the judges words were lost in the wind.

I am almost sixty years old. My mother was taking birth control pills back in the sixties when I was a child. I have never taken them, my husband had a vasectomy when we decided we could only afford one child.

The subject of unwanted, neglected children make me furious because there are options available to prevent unwanted pregnacies. I refuse to sympathize with anyone who finds themself in a mess because they just can't afford to take care of their own, theres just too many. Yes, some accidently end up with their lives out of control, but there are thousands who venture into the single parenthood life style because they want to and can't make it. Better education in the school system may help the young people understand how expensive life is.
fabulous psot-:blowkiss: you are right on the money-- something so simple to take control of that spins clear out of contol, because of shear laziness.... the gov will pay for birth control pills--- i dont want to hear it :doh:

Amraann said:
Why was she forging? To get money? To support the 3 kids she has? Doing drugs?

I don't think its extreme. This is a women with 3 kids (no doubt with different daddies) Commiting felonies .. No education..
IMO She has no right having more children until she can legally support the ones she has.
Had he sent her to prison those kids would then be in the care of the state at the expense of taxpayers.
It doesn't even say what or why she was forging. Obviously this woman made a huge mistake, but we certainly don't know all of the circumstances. Say she is a bad mother now - who is say she couldn't turn her life around in a time? What then?

j2mirish said:
I cerainly understand where you are coming from, but unfortunalty, it is the woman ( and the tax payers ) that end up raising these children- not the man
Then perhaps that's a problem that should be rectified. It's insane that we let men get away with not supporting the children they help create.

beakiebean said:
Then perhaps that's a problem that should be rectified. It's insane that we let men get away with not supporting the children they help create.
not only support, but help raise......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back