NY - Malcolm Watson for student sex abuse, Buffalo, 2006

Rle7

Reaction score
In an unusual sentence that has immigration lawyers questioning its legality, the U.S. citizen has agreed to stay out of the United States for the next three years as punishment for having sex with a 15-year-old female student.

The exile starts Monday for the 35-year-old former Buffalo Seminary teacher, who was arrested in April after a mall security guard noticed him and the girl sitting in a parked car for two hours.Erie County District Attorney Frank Clark called the plea deal "a little dicey" but said the girl's family was happy with it.

Under the sentence for sexual abuse imposed by Cheektowaga Town Court, Watson can enter the United States only to report to his probation officer. Watson already lives across the border in Fort Erie, Ontario, with his Canadian wife and three children.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,223417,00.html

My question is what is the punishment in this case :waitasec: ? The pervert already lives in Canada. He'll just get a job later on in Canada and molest again. I smell 'special treatment' in this case. He should get jail time just like everyone else IMO :behindbar

Rle7 said:
In an unusual sentence that has immigration lawyers questioning its legality, the U.S. citizen has agreed to stay out of the United States for the next three years as punishment for having sex with a 15-year-old female student.

The exile starts Monday for the 35-year-old former Buffalo Seminary teacher, who was arrested in April after a mall security guard noticed him and the girl sitting in a parked car for two hours.Erie County District Attorney Frank Clark called the plea deal "a little dicey" but said the girl's family was happy with it.

Under the sentence for sexual abuse imposed by Cheektowaga Town Court, Watson can enter the United States only to report to his probation officer. Watson already lives across the border in Fort Erie, Ontario, with his Canadian wife and three children.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,223417,00.html

My question is what is the punishment in this case :waitasec: ? The pervert already lives in Canada. He'll just get a job later on in Canada and molest again. I smell 'special treatment' in this case. He should get jail time just like everyone else IMO :behindbar
Unfortunatly, in Canada the law says you can legally have sex with anyone over the age of 13. I live in Canada and have been fighting this law since it's inception. All kinds of perverts and sickos have been fleeing here to Canada for years to escape justice. We are the western world's equivalant to bangkok and until enough people stand up for what is right they will continue to flee here as it is closer and more friendly than some of the third world alternatives.

The idea that perverts are being sentenced to Canada as opposed to jail time is sickening to me, now it's the Canadian children who are becoming the targets and are at risk. We are neighbours and I am embarrassed(sp) by this. We as Canadians should be fighting this harder and Americans should stand up and fight along side us.

bing1 said:
Unfortunatly, in Canada the law says you can legally have sex with anyone over the age of 13. I live in Canada and have been fighting this law since it's inception. All kinds of perverts and sickos have been fleeing here to Canada for years to escape justice. We are the western world's equivalant to bangkok and until enough people stand up for what is right they will continue to flee here as it is closer and more friendly than some of the third world alternatives.

The idea that perverts are being sentenced to Canada as opposed to jail time is sickening to me, now it's the Canadian children who are becoming the targets and are at risk. We are neighbours and I am embarrassed(sp) by this. We as Canadians should be fighting this harder and Americans should stand up and fight along side us.
I'm right there with you neighbor :) . My own daughter is 15, and if her teacher did that to here, I would stand for nothing less than jail (right after I beat him to a bloody pulp). That exile sentence is ridiculous. I doubt that it will stand. I like to think our nation is more civilized than dropping off our scum on other nations. That's irresponsible:slap:

Rle7 said:
I'm right there with you neighbor :) . My own daughter is 15, and if her teacher did that to here, I would stand for nothing less than jail (right after I beat him to a bloody pulp). That exile sentence is ridiculous. I doubt that it will stand. I like to think our nation is more civilized than dropping off our scum on other nations. That's irresponsible:slap:
There are stories being shown on Canadian television that he may be barred from entering the country because he now has a criminal record. This story is not over, I just don't understand why he got to choose what he wanted. To be sent back home to his loving wife and three children or a one year jail sentence? I know what deal I would take, it's a no brainer. He gets to have a perfectly normal life like it never happened and the victim will have to live with it every day of her life. People forget about the victim. I'd like to know what she wants.

Legal experts on both sides of the border are scratching their heads after a U.S. judge told a Buffalo teacher convicted of having sex with a 15-year-old girl he could avoid a one-year jail sentence by accepting a three-year exile to Canada.

Watson, a popular English teacher at the prep school, which has 174 girls in Grades 9 to 12, pleaded guilty to having sex with a 15-year-old female student in a parked car.

The Buffalo News reported that Watson was fired from his job in April, after being suspended a month earlier for ignoring a previous warning to stay away from the student.

http://tinyurl.com/ykq8fq

Alta said:
Legal experts on both sides of the border are scratching their heads after a U.S. judge told a Buffalo teacher convicted of having sex with a 15-year-old girl he could avoid a one-year jail sentence by accepting a three-year exile to Canada.

Watson, a popular English teacher at the prep school, which has 174 girls in Grades 9 to 12, pleaded guilty to having sex with a 15-year-old female student in a parked car.

The Buffalo News reported that Watson was fired from his job in April, after being suspended a month earlier for ignoring a previous warning to stay away from the student.

http://tinyurl.com/ykq8fqhttp://tinyurl.com/ykq8fq
So we give perverts a choice now...Jail or Canada:waitasec: Last I heard Canada was still civilization. Wonder what they think of the judges sentence. Disgusting:mad:

And Canada is okay with this? Do they want our perverts?? I certainly wouldn't want other countries' perverts coming here.

Mr. E said:
And Canada is okay with this? Do they want our perverts?? I certainly wouldn't want other countries' perverts coming here.
Especially bc we already have our own more-than-fair share of creeps. I can't believe that a US judge could pass a sentence like this without the consent of the Canadians:mad:

And the fine print should have read "...at the end of the 3 year exile you must throw yourself over the Falls".

How in the world can this happen? As Nancy Grace would say to that judge: "You are in contempt!"

Why would the people of Canada want this guy? The whole thing sounds odd to me...

Taximom...I like your idea.

luvbeaches said:
Why would the people of Canada want this guy? The whole thing sounds odd to me...

Taximom...I like your idea.
Canada probably wouldn't care because their age-of-consent is unusually low at 14 years old. Nevertheless, the judgement is quite baffling.

Jacobi said:
Canada probably wouldn't care because their age-of-consent is unusually low at 14 years old. Nevertheless, the judgement is quite baffling.

I can assure you we care.

Alta said:
I can assure you we care.
So you should, but the fact remains, Canada has an exceptionally low age of consent which makes it a magnet for guys like Watson. Why should Canadians care that a guy is exiled to their country for something they themselves would not generally regard as a crime? You could perhaps argue that he betrayed a position of trust, which would make it an offense, but if it was not a student, would Canadians then approve? Bottom-line, Canada's unusually low age of consent is a joke, and the judge's sentence, the punchline.

I agree Canada's age of consent is sickening to say the least.But to make the statement "Why should canadians care" is also absurd.I am Canadian and I do care,as well as i am sure a very large percentage care that an asshat such as this teacher is going to be roaming our streets a free man.

It still remains to be seen if he will be allowed to serve his probation here as the gov't has the last say on the matter.

Jacobi said:
So you should, but the fact remains, Canada has an exceptionally low age of consent which makes it a magnet for guys like Watson. Why should Canadians care that a guy is exiled to their country for something they themselves would not generally regard as a crime? You could perhaps argue that he betrayed a position of trust, which would make it an offense, but if it was not a student, would Canadians then approve? Bottom-line, Canada's unusually low age of consent is a joke, and the judge's sentence, the punchline.

Right, imo if it was not a student the Canadian government wouldn't bat an eye. But the fact here is that he is a teacher and had sex with a student. If he had commit the same crime in Canada, he would have been prosecuted.

It's going to be interesting to see what the Canadian government does. I think the Canadians should deport him back to the US.

ETA Canada's age of consent has nothing to do with a teacher having sex with a student.

In Canada, the age of consent may be changed to 16. It is currently 14. That is normal "run of the mill" consent. But if the person is in a "position" of trust, especially over a child, then no consent can be given. This guy was a teacher, the student was 15. He would be charged in Canada also.

Bill C-15. has not been proclaimed as yet, but the proposal of the bill is to raise the age of consent to 16.

So this Judge is not aware of the fact that Canada does not allow "sexual offenders" or any other "convicted" criminal from any other country into Canada, be it England, Mexico, the USA or Russia. OH.......

I would say that if this man ever tries to cross into Canada, he will be refused entry at the US/Canada crossing. We don't want him.......

I would like to send this Judge a letter.

We do not want any of your "sexual offenders" and or "sexual predators" sent to Canada. We are not a "dumping" ground for your criminals. This is not a "safe haven" for sexual predators. Thank you.

P.S. - before you send one of "those" people to Canada, you might want to check that it is "legal" and if it is not, then don't. It is not "legal" by the way.......and you are a Judge.

P.S.S. We don't want your garbage, you can keep it. Next time, ask us if we want your "garbage". With the "polite ways" of Canada, we will say: You can keep him.....lest other "sexual" offenders think that they can escape or live in Canada to prey on our kids.

Thank you, and have a great day.........sincerely Canada.......

I don't know if this made the news: But a "web host" has been "kicked" off of MCI/Verizon based in Montreal. No less then 40 web sites "that advocate" child/ adult "relations" now have no where to put their "smut". This was due to the efforts of Perverted Justice.......

By the way: The justice system in Canada does not in any way shape or form, advocate or "encourage" any person to have sex, paid or otherwise with children. A 13 year old on the street, will be picked up in a heartbeat and "put into protective" custody and provided with "alternatives" to what she has been doing........so no we are not on par with Thailand.

Please.......

Cyberlaw, it sounds as if he's already a Canadian resident. What I don't know is if he's a Canadian citizen. However, I do agree that he should spend jail time in the US and not be allowed to go free to resume residence in Canada without more punishment than "stay out of the US".

I just read an updated article, he was allowed to "come back to Canada" because he has a "residence in Ontario( a province, like a State")

The Canadian government is "all over" this with "Representatives from the Government and Immigration "in the court house in New York".

He has to "report" for probation in New York. If Canada "refuses" to "cooperate or this sentence "breaks any of our laws" then hi ho, hi ho, off to New York Prison he goes.......

What a mess, remind me to send that Judge "a bunch" of flowers...in the form of a "middle" finger arrangement.

To make matters worse, the area that he is "returning" to, is the same area of the Karla Holmolka/Paul Bernardo "sex torture" murders of two school girls.

No one in this area is going to forget that, ever........and this just "enrages" the citizens of St. Kit.(Catherines)

Time will tell if there will be an "immigration" hearing and he is sent back to the States, where he committed his crime. I don't think that he is a "Canadian born citizen"...........or else there would be no "mention" of an immigration hearing......

Canada is not happy "our Government and Immigration" is all over this, big time. They have sent "our" people to the USA to refuse this "sentence".

We don't want "perverts" anymore then the USA wants our perverts.

Yes he would be convicted in Canada, as he was in a "position" of trust as in a teacher.

Bill C-15 is on the table to raise the age of consent to 16.

For the time being, this guy has come back to Canada. He is "married" to a Canadian born women, has kids and a residence in Ontario. There is no "legal" basis to deny him entry.

But......we can send him back to New York to "serve" his sentence for his crime, then have an immigration hearing and "kick" him back to the USA on a "permanent" basis.

He would be deemed" criminally" inadmissable to Canada based on the ground that he is a "convicted" criminal from another country.

We will wait and see what happens, but by no means is Canada "fine" with this and in no way does "Canada" not care.........

The area that he is returning to is the same area of the Holmolka/Bernardo murders of two school girls......so no one is at all happy to have "another" pervert in their midst.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back