Surprise! Twins!

2luvmy

RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're go
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I came across this and thought it was very interesting and neat. Since I am biracial, I have always wondered if this could happen. I guess I have my answer now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=411953&in_page_id=1770

Black and white twins born by one in a million chance
Last updated at 23:33pm on 22nd October 2006

twinsL_228x153.jpg

Establishing a little individuality is a challenge faced by most twins.

But nature has already given Alicia and Jasmin Singerl a helping hand.

Gorgeously chubby and sunny-natured, the five-month-old girls already turn heads when their parents take them out.

But many do a double take when they realise Alicia is black while Jasmin is white.

Experts say the chance of twins being born with such different physical characteristics is about a million to one.

The Australian sisters, who were conceived naturally, were born in May and live with their parents in Burpengary, north of Brisbane.

wow, thats pretty neat! it is going to become annoying though after so many questions about the girls.

They are adorable!!! I guess you never know what will happen with genetics. Awsome! My family is multi racial also, one neice is blue eyed blonde, one neice is dark as night, one nephew looks hispanic and his brother looks like he just got off a boat from China! LOL

I have seen another set of these twins! It was several years ago in the midwest. Mom and dad were walking with 2 babies that looked very similar to these 2. In that one was white and one was black.

I asked if they were twins and she was taken aback because no one ever thought to ask. She said Yes!But no one ever asks me! The doctor told her that just like all fraternal twins, they were no more alike than regular brothers born to the same parents.

Those twins are soo cute, how extroadinary!
I saw them in the paper last weekend, but couldn't find a link to post about it.
Earlier in the week there was another set of two yr old twins in a mag here, same thing- one black one white...they looked very much alike even though they had different skin colour...
Both the mothers said noone would believe them when they said they were twins...why would they lie about something like that lol

They are so cute. Just makes a person smile to look at them.

My daughter's are 13 months apart. When they were little one was black haired with darker skin and looks Haida Indian/Flipiano..sp.. while the other was a towhead with light skin. They actually had different dads but they nipped the questions in the bud right away when kids in school would ask how they could be sisters cause they didn't look alike. They just said "because my dad is dark and my mother is light." They never had a problem with it. Kids would just go "oh" and that was that!

How extraordinary! I hope they are photographed from time to time as they grow up. It will be interesting. I hope they have fun with their unique relationship.

Thanks for sharing! The picture of the babies is remarkably beautiful! I love the story too - the fact that they were conceived naturally is fascinating!

Aw they are so sweet and I hope ignorant people dont causenthem too many problems in their lives.

There is a case of this in Britain and there were a couple of documenatries on about it here.When the boys got older the darker boy was complaining that his brother had joined in with bullies in the playground to call him racist names. I thought that was so sad.

Sheromom said:
How totally adorable!!! They look so much alike! What lucky parents!
I thought so too! Little cuties for sure!:laugh: I want to kiss their little chubby cheeks!:p

They are so adorable... :p They are unique and to me that is a good thing.. hehe

They are gorgeous, but I agree the questions are going to be annoying. My friends with "normal" twins get the most obnoxious and nosy questions all the time. Amazing what some people think is appropriate small talk!

southcitymom said:
Thanks for posting. I remember reading about these twins before. Isn't it fascinating? They are so beautiful.

They really are! Genetics is a fascinating subject.

My oldest daughter looks a lot like my family except for her nose. I thought she must have gotten that from her father's side because no one in my family had a nost like that. Well, I was wrong. When I finally saw a picture of my great grandfather her whole face shape and all her features are his...just feminine. So she got it from her great grandfather on my side.

2luvmy said:
Experts say the chance of twins being born with such different physical characteristics is about a million to one.
This means that this lady can tell BOTH of her children that they are "One in a million!" How cool is that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back