Richard

Reaction score
Nelida De Jesus Del Valle

Missing Since: December 20, 1976 from Boston, Massachusetts
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Date Of Birth: July 9, 1967
Height and Weight: 4'0, 50 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. Del Valle's ears are pierced. She had a quiet, shy nature at the time of her 1976 disappearance and was distrustful of strangers. She speaks Spanish and limited English.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A gold-colored coat, a hat and gloves, dark blue slacks, black platform shoes and a white pullover sweater.

Details of Disappearance

Del Valle was last seen walking to Blackstone Elementary School on Shamut Avenue in Boston, Massachusetts during the morning hours of December 20, 1976. She was enrolled in a third-grade bilingual class there.

The school was located approximately one and a half blocks from Del Valle's
family's residence. She never arrived at school that day and has not been heard from again. Some of Del Valle's clothing was found two weeks after her disappearance, in the possession of Anthony "Rudy" Flores.

A woman called police to report he had given her a hat and some gloves; she was suspicious because Flores resembled the sketch of Del Valle's possible abductor. The hat and gloves were Del Valle's; Flores claims he found them lying on the street.

When he was arrested he had a fake badge and a gun in his possession; Del
Valle's family theorizes that he abducted the child while posing as a police officer, whom she would have trusted. Flores was never charged in connection with Del Valle's disappearance due to a lack of evidence, and he maintains his innocence in her case, but he remains a suspect.

He has also been linked to the 1976 disappearance of fourteen-year-old Cesilia Pena in New York City, New York but has not been charged in that case either. He is currently serving a life sentence for the abduction, rape and murder of a woman and her daughter in New York.

In January 1985, eight years after Del Valle vanished, her mother, Theodosia De Jesus, claimed she recognized a picture of her daughter in the apartment of David R. Collins. Collins, who has a long criminal record and uses many aliases, was charged with kidnapping one teenager in California and sexually abusing several others in New Orleans, Louisiana.

The picture De Jesus identified was one of 25 which police found in his apartment and published in a newspaper in hopes that the public could identify the people in them. De Jesus changed her mind about her identification when she examined the original picture, and the girl in the photograph was later identified as another person.

Another picture in his apartment was thought to be of Sarah Avon, a six-year-old who vanished from Illinois in 1981, but that possibility was also ruled out. Collins is not believed to have been involved in either child's disappearance. Del Valle's case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Boston Police Department 617-343-4200
Source Information
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Boston Police Department
NewsLibrary
The Public Spirit
charleyproject.org

Links:
http://missing.puellula.org/Missing/delValle.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/delvalle_nelida.html

Not to do with the case, but with the original poster's link:

I believe the http://missing.puellula.org/ website is the one that is run by a pedophile, or some such. Somebody else can probably remember the details better than I (I have a very foggy memory about some things), but I recall a discussion months ago regarding the owner of this site, a pedophile who claimed that his love for young girls was reciprocated. I believe he had moved to South America to avoid prosecution.

I thought that if you didn't know this, you might like to know. Many people boycotted the site entirely.

If this isn't true or if I've mis-remembered something, please tell me!

It's all true, I think, except the part about avoiding prosecution. He moved to South America to escape public enmity. I don't think the guy has committed any actual crimes as far as the police can determine -- he's a pedophile, all right, but a latent one.

Mr. E said:
...I believe the http://missing.puellula.org/ website is the one that is run by a pedophile, or some such.......
I see that the link in question does not work, so perhaps Websleuths has disabled it. I did not know the history of the site, and if I had, I would not have posted it. There was not much information on it anyway. The Doenetwork link is a much better one.

Does anyone know which South American Country he has chosen?

richard said:
Mr. E said:
...I believe the http://missing.puellula.org/ website is the one that is run by a pedophile, or some such.......
I see that the link in question does not work, so perhaps Websleuths has disabled it. I did not know the history of the site, and if I had, I would not have posted it. There was not much information on it anyway. The Doenetwork link is a much better one. . .
I did not try pasting the addy in my browser to surf to that site (didn't want to) but I did run a tracert on the addy and after the 18th hop out
(0.so-3-0-0.cr1.3d12.xs4all.net [194.109.5.58]) everything just timed out.

Pinging the same address also resulted in all four attempts sent being "lost."

Nelida De Jesus Del Valle
Missing since December 20, 1976 from Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts
Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 9, 1967
Age at Time of Disappearance: 9 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0; 50 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic female. Brown hair; brown eyes
Clothing: She was last seen wearing a gold coat, dark blue slacks, black platform shoes and a white pullover sweater.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Nelida was last seen as she walked the block and a half from her home to Blackstone Elementary School on Shawmut Avenue. She has never been seen again. Nelida is described as quiet, shy and distrustful of strangers. Abduction is the most likely scenario explaining her disappearance, but there are few clues.

Several days after Nelida's disappearance, a woman reported to police that an acquaintance had given her a hat and gloves for her daughter. The hat and gloves were confirmed to be the same hat and gloves that Nelida was wearing at the time of her disappearance.

Police picked up the acquaintance. Found in his possession were a gun and a fake police badge. There was not enough evidence to link him to the abduction of Nelida. He was given a one-year sentence for illegal possession of a weapon. He was later convicted and is serving a life sentence for the abduction, rape and murder of a woman and her daughter in New York. He continues to deny his involvement in Nelida's disappearance.

Nelida's sister suspects that the suspect had posed as a police officer in order to lure her sister, who had been taught to respect and trust the police.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Boston Police Department
617-343-4250

NCIC Number: M-340464323
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Public Spirit
The Doe Network: Case File 76DFMA

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/76dfma.html

Nelida was last seen as she walked the block and a half from her home to Blackstone Elementary School on Shawmut Avenue. She has never been seen again. Nelida is described as quiet, shy and distrustful of strangers. Abduction is the most likely scenario explaining her disappearance, but there are few clues.

Several days after Nelida's disappearance, a woman reported to police that an acquaintance had given her a hat and gloves for her daughter. The hat and gloves were confirmed to be the same hat and gloves that Nelida was wearing at the time of her disappearance. Police picked up the acquaintance. Found in his possession were a gun and a fake police badge. There was not enough evidence to link him to the abduction of Nelida. He was given a one-year sentence for illegal possession of a weapon. He was later convicted and is serving a life sentence for the abduction, rape and murder of a woman and her daughter in New York. He continues to deny his involvement in Nelida's disappearance.

Nelida's sister suspects that the suspect had posed as a police officer in order to lure her sister, who had been taught to respect and trust the police.

Source:

The Doe Network: Case File 76DFMA

I'm curious to know under what circumstances Nelida's mother saw what she initially believed to be her daughter's picture in David Collins' apartment. Were they in a relationship? Were they neighbors in the same apartment building? Did she work for him? I guess it isn't technically relevant since Ms. de Jesus has since changed her mind about the girl in the picture who ultimately was identified as someone else altogether. But it just seemed sort of random how the CP write-up mentioned the mother seeing this photo in this man's apartment several years later.

I'm curious to know under what circumstances Nelida's mother saw what she initially believed to be her daughter's picture in David Collins' apartment. Were they in a relationship? Were they neighbors in the same apartment building? Did she work for him? I guess it isn't technically relevant since Ms. de Jesus has since changed her mind about the girl in the picture who ultimately was identified as someone else altogether. But it just seemed sort of random how the CP write-up mentioned the mother seeing this photo in this man's apartment several years later.

In Post #1 it says...

"The picture De Jesus identified was one of 25 which police found in his apartment and published in a newspaper in hopes that the public could identify the people in them"

So if I am reading right she saw it in a newspaper article the police published. She never went to any apartment or anything.

In Post #1 it says...

"The picture De Jesus identified was one of 25 which police found in his apartment and published in a newspaper in hopes that the public could identify the people in them"

So if I am reading right she saw it in a newspaper article the police published. She never went to any apartment or anything.

Thanks. I totally forgot about that. In the case description on the Charley Project, it never mentions that there was a newspaper article, it just says that the mother simply recognized the picture from the apartment.

I believe that the same person who took Nelida may have taken Cesilia in October, thinking they were around the same age. I wonder if this one someone who was targeting young Latina/Hispanic girls. Nelida would have been particularly vulnerable since she didn't speak much English.

Thanks. I totally forgot about that. In the case description on the Charley Project, it never mentions that there was a newspaper article, it just says that the mother simply recognized the picture from the apartment.

I believe that the same person who took Nelida may have taken Cesilia in October, thinking they were around the same age. I wonder if this one someone who was targeting young Latina/Hispanic girls. Nelida would have been particularly vulnerable since she didn't speak much English.

I totally agree the same person did both and I really think it is the AF person that was identified by the 1 witness. I posted in the other thread that commuting to Boston and NYC is pretty easy by train.

Wish LE would interview him again in prison and try to get him to tell where their remains are.

I came across this I don't if this is the same Anthony Rudy Flores he is named as Antonio Rudy Flores.. but its the Bronx and seems to be doing the same type of crime.

http://www.nytimes.com/1982/06/03/nyregion/murder-and-rape-suspect-seized.html

Published: June 3, 1982

A suspect was seized last night in the murder of one woman and the rape of another in a South Bronx tenement on March 25, the police said.
The suspect, 44-year-old Antonio Rudy Flores, no permanent address, was arrested by two plainsclothes parole officers about 6 P.M. yesterday evening, according to Paul Young, a spokesman for the State Division of Parole.
Mr. Flores, who was released from prison in early March after completing a 10-year sentence for rape and kidnapping, was sought in connection with the murder of Margarita Valle-Sanchez, 26, of Brooklyn.
In that incident, Mrs. Valle-Sanchez and another young woman, who the police declined to identify, were raped after a man lured them to an abandoned tenement in the South Bronx with promises of a job. The man then stabbed one of the women to death after the other escaped by jumping out of a fifth-floor window. The man escaped from the tenement before the police could capture him. A Similar Crime

According to Mr. Young, the parole division was brought into the case when police in the Bronx asked the division if any sex offenders had been recently released from prison. After a search of prison records, parole officers determined that the crime for which Mr. Florio was originally convicted corresponded in description to the March 25 incident. In 1969, Mr. Florio lured a 19-year-old woman into a vacant building in the South Bronx with the promise of a job. He was convicted of second-degree rape and second-degree kidnapping in the incident and sentenced to a term of zero to 15 years. He was released from prison in March.
Two officers from the parole division, William Kramer and Craig Brooks, who had been staking out a park at East Tremont and University Avenues, spotted Mr. Flores at about 6 P.M. and arrested him after a short struggle, Mr. Young said. He said that Mr. Flores was carrying a seven-inch stiletto.
Mr. Flores was being held at the 42d Precinct for violation of his parole, said Lieut. Arthur Dallas. Meanwhile, detectives were trying to find witnesses to the March 25 incident for a lineup.

I also came across this under sex offender

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/CA1869429002081/Rudy-A-Flores.html

Rudy A Flores Registered Sex Offender
Rudy A Flores Registration Details
Last Known Address:
SANTEE, CA 92071

DOB:
1951-03-11
Race:
Hispanic
Sex:
Male
Eyes:
Brown
Height:
5 ft 7 in
Hair:
Not Reported
Weight:
180 lbs

Offense or Statute
Offense/Statute:
Oral Copulation With A Minor Under 16 Years Of Age And Offender Is 21 Or More Years Of Age

View Rudy A Flores's Criminal Record
Alias(es)
Flores, Rudy Anthony
Scars, Marks, and Tattoos
FOREARM, LEFT
There is a photo of the guy.. but I don't know if this is the same Anthony Rudy Flores either

still missing:

del-valle-nelidapng-6f50958ddd505acb.png

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/06/110_missing_children_from_mass.html

Hi everyone, I'm very new to Webseluths, but I made an account because Nelida Del Valle looks very similar and uncanny to NamUs UP # 11249 found in Ventura County, California in 1980. She might have been transported and placed in a trafficking ring. Even though California is far away from Boston, I thought it was necessary to post any sort of leads. I hope Nelida gets the justice she and her family deserves.

https://identifyus.org/cases/11249

Hi everyone, I'm very new to Webseluths, but I made an account because Nelida Del Valle looks very similar and uncanny to NamUs UP # 11249 found in Ventura County, California in 1980. She might have been transported and placed in a trafficking ring. Even though California is far away from Boston, I thought it was necessary to post any sort of leads. I hope Nelida gets the justice she and her family deserves.

https://identifyus.org/cases/11249

Welcome Brown99!

The UID had an old episiotomy scar AND was pregnant. I am skeptical only because if it WERE Nelida, she would only be 13-ish (and twice pregnant at an age when many girls have not even started puberty) Also I find the noses too dissimilar.
Trafficking is a definite possibility sadly. Let's keep looking for this girl!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back