Barbra Striesand gets drink thrown at her

So much class once again for the "pro Bush" supporters.

CyberLaw said:
So much class once again for the "pro Bush" supporters.
It's hard for me to have an opinion on this one b/c I dislike Bush but I also dislike Streisand. What am i to do?

Well I think the first time when she was yelled at her other concert for this she should have known that not everyone agrees with her.

If you don't like Babs and don't agree with her political position, may I suggest that you don't go to her concerts.

It is not like it a "surprise" when the "skit" about Bush is played out in every concert venue. Maybe the pro Bush people should think about that if they attend the concert, the concert that they bought tickets for.

They can always leave.......or not buy tickets, or shut up. I would think that most people know that Babs is a "Liberal" and that she is not a fan of Bush and that she has enough "draw" after 12 years of not performing to do what ever she wants at HER concerts.

it is akin to me going to a pro Bush rally, and then "throwing" a drink a a person performing an anti Dem skit. I know what I am in for before I go.......no surprises.

Considering what happened to the "Dixie Chicks", I am not surprised that pro Bush people act like a bunch of "Bush" bullies.

CyberLaw said:
Considering what happened to the "Dixie Chicks", I am not surprised that pro Bush people act like a bunch of "Bush" bullies.
I dont think "pro bush people" act like bullies. Maybe they think she is should just Shut up and Sing.

I think alot of times, be it a liberal or conservative agenda, if people feel strongly enough about it, they can be bullies about enforcing their beliefs. The antiwar movement, abortion, religion, the list goes on.

CyberLaw said:
If you don't like Babs and don't agree with her political position, may I suggest that you don't go to her concerts.

It is not like it a "surprise" when the "skit" about Bush is played out in every concert venue. Maybe the pro Bush people should think about that if they attend the concert, the concert that they bought tickets for.

They can always leave.......or not buy tickets, or shut up. I would think that most people know that Babs is a "Liberal" and that she is not a fan of Bush and that she has enough "draw" after 12 years of not performing to do what ever she wants at HER concerts.

it is akin to me going to a pro Bush rally, and then "throwing" a drink a a person performing an anti Dem skit. I know what I am in for before I go.......no surprises.

What about those of us who would like to see Barbra perform? When I pay that kind of money for ENTERTAINMENT, I am not paying to hear anyone's political viewpoints, I am paying for entertainment. I would have loved to see her perform, she has a beautiful voice and is a great talent (in my opinion) but seriously, if I want to hear about politics, I would chose to go to a political rally. You are right that people can choose not to see in her concert, I wouldn't and it isn't because of her viewpoints but at 500$ a ticket, she in fact should respect that HER concerts are financed directly by people of all viewpoints. I am not defending the person throwing a drink on her, that is wrong. I think the best way to let an entertainer "know" what we think of their behavior is buy not purchasing what they're "selling"...

Boyz_Mum said:
What about those of us who would like to see Barbra perform? When I pay that kind of money for ENTERTAINMENT, I am not paying to hear anyone's political viewpoints, I am paying for entertainment. I would have loved to see her perform, she has a beautiful voice and is a great talent (in my opinion) but seriously, if I want to hear about politics, I would chose to go to a political rally. You are right that people can choose not to see in her concert, I wouldn't and it isn't because of her viewpoints but at 500$ a ticket, she in fact should respect that HER concerts are financed directly by people of all viewpoints. I am not defending the person throwing a drink on her, that is wrong. I think the best way to let an entertainer "know" what we think of their behavior is buy not purchasing what they're "selling"...
I agree. People pay to hear her sing, just like the chicks. I love their music. I dont want to hear their political views.

From her website, the guy (an Australian) who threw the paper cup onto the stage simply had one too many beers and no political motivations. The man apparently was a guest of someone to whom Streisand had given tickets, so he didn't even pay to be offended (not that he was.)

Madonna stages a mock-crucifixion. Ozzy sacrificed a bat on stage. Marilyn Manson performs self-mutilation with a razor and gyrates wearing a strap-on. Jim Morrison feigned indecently exposing himself. And, Babs has a little political skit. Pfft.

I really enjoy Barbara's music and films. I certainly am not interested in anyones political views at all. The band beaters for religion and politics are pretty much in the same categorie to me. After all anything you want to know is on the web. LOL:D

Beyond Belief said:
I really enjoy Barbara's music and films. I certainly am not interested in anyones political views at all. The band beaters for religion and politics are pretty much in the same categorie to me. After all anything you want to know is on the web. LOL:D
Exactly, I feel the same way. I can get online and find whatever I want. I dont need someone preaching it too me.

I used to love Barbra ... until she got too full of herself. A perfect example of a spoiled prima dona diva ... is her.Even her music changed along the years,she had the most beautiful voice,now she mostly screams. Too bad when money and fame goes to your head.

They are at her concert, now if the "ticket" holders were giving the concert then they can do what they want.

But as I recall, no one upstages an inernational "star" like Babs and the Dixie Chicks. Last time I checked people were entitled to their own opinions in a free country, but again, these people paid to see Babs and if Babs wants to express her political view, maybe the pro Bush Bullies should "shut up and listen". Also the person doing the skit is a Republican.

Again, it is not like a surprise when Babs allowed this skit, it was widely known that this was going to happen. So the pro-Bush bullies were not "innocent" they went into this with eyes wide open.

After all since when do entertainers, like the Dixie Chicks lose their right to express their opinions about politics. Love the Dixie Chicks in Canada by the way.........the movie is doing quite well.

The point is: It seems like the "pro Bush people have a very thin skin, like to control people and feel it is their right to "harass" people who do not agree with them. Boy I wonder where they got that from, let me see what happened with the Plume episode, gee they really learn by example from GWB.

I dont think all "pro Bush people" harass. I also think if you pay to see a "concert" that should be what you get. JMO I have always liked the Dixie Chicks music and if I want to hear it I will play the cd. I will NOT go to a concert because they obviously dont know how to "Shut up and sing" but that is ok. That is their right and its my right to NOT want to hear their political views. It means NOTHING too me what Natalie or Babs think. JMO

Since when do "the average" person get to dictate to a star on how they perform their concerts and what they do.

If a person did not like it, don't go, it is as simple as that. Babs is using her "stardom" to express her views, that is her right, she can do what she wants. When the Dixie Chicks expressed their views, it was what they wanted to do at the concert that they were performing at, it was on "their home" turf.

Kind of like someone coming into my home and telling me what to cook, what to say, how to act. Guess what you can always leave my "crib" anytime as it is mine. Just like Babs is touring after a long time, if you don't like the views or music, leave, or just shut up.

No one contols Babs or tells her what to do at her own concerts. Remember what she told the guy in New York at Madison Square Gardens. That pretty well sums it up........

Oh by the way I don't think Babs is "ready to make nice". Don't blame her also.

I would not have dinner at my house and tell people to come for something in particular then start preaching the Gospel, HELLO, people didnt come for that. They came for the food.
I may be "average" and thats ok. I am not telling them what to sing or say, I dont care if any of them are ready to make nice either. Obviously there are alot of others who are not ready to make nice with them either or this thread would not be here about a drink being thrown at her. That goes for the chicks too.

On the one hand, I can understand where Michelle is coming from. If you pay for a concert, you should get what you pay for. However, I also agree with CyberLaw that it is up to the artist to determine what is on the show and how it is presented.

The problem arises when the paying customer's reasonable expectations of the concert are not met: e.g. imagine if babs didn't sing at all and just gave a lectures upon lecture on political issues. However, in this case, everyone knows exactly what Babs' concert entails, so there is no excuse for heckling or other protestations.

Exactly Jacobi, if you want to preach then say it, atleast let people know. If not just shut up and sing lol....

Well, I agree with michelle on this point(btw michelle I hope your brother is faring well in Iraq)----its a bit arrogant for performers to include their political views at a paying concert---as if they don't get enough attention lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back