NJ NJ - Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, 29, Warren, 10 Oct 2006

I'm watching this now. The husband says close to $10,000 cash from a business transaction and a duffle bag is missing. The car and cell phone was left at home.

I feel they should really be looking at the husband. Seeing as she told her own father she was contemplating divorce, someone in my opinion , planning on leaving doesnt talk about the future in terms of divorce. something about this case doesnt sit well with me in terms of the hubby.

I think that her father said that she also had knee braces on. To me that would preclude her just "walking away". If she really had the money as her husband says, that would mean that someone picked her up and she left, presumably to start a new life somewhere, or her husband needs to be looked at harder. I know that everyone reacts differently but waiting 2 days to report a potentially suicidal person missing doesn't sit well with me. I could perhaps see that he might have been embarrassed at first to want to admit to anyone that she left, but in my mind once she was gone overnight with no contact with anyone I can't imagine waiting another day after that to report her missing.

I hope it does turn out to be an overstressed mom who just snapped and left. That would be the best case scenario for everyone.

Not that it matters or is relevant, but I wonder why she has such a different birth name, as noted in one article.

She also may have a black military-style jacket and a black duffle bag with additional clothing, and may possess identification containing her birth name, Sherwood Halley.

I wonder why they had that kind of cash laying around? I think the husband said it was payment for legitimate work (or something along those lines), but why not put it in the bank?? I can see a few hundred dollars in a sock drawer or something, but thousands???? That seems odd to me. Of course, that is assuming it's true. :confused:

BabyGirlsMom said:
Not that it matters or is relevant, but I wonder why she has such a different birth name, as noted in one article.

She also may have a black military-style jacket and a black duffle bag with additional clothing, and may possess identification containing her birth name, Sherwood Halley.

She could have been adopted.

SewingDeb said:
She could have been adopted.
WOW--I must be a real idiot! Adoption didn't even cross my mind--and it's the most obvious answer! :slap: Sorry for the stupid question--TGIF.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

BabyGirlsMom said:
WOW--I must be a real idiot! Adoption didn't even cross my mind--and it's the most obvious answer! :slap: Sorry for the stupid question--TGIF.
It's not a stupid question at all. My husband was an adopted child so it's pretty easy for me to come to that conclusion. That just sounds off, like I've adopted myself a husband ;)

BabyGirlsMom said:

Not a stupid question at all. We adopted our youngest and he was given a whole new SSN and we kept his first and middle name and changed his last name to ours. That's why I thought of that so quickly.

Shamrock said:
I wonder why they had that kind of cash laying around? I think the husband said it was payment for legitimate work (or something along those lines), but why not put it in the bank?? I can see a few hundred dollars in a sock drawer or something, but thousands???? That seems odd to me. Of course, that is assuming it's true. :confused:

I am probably way off base, but it makes me think of drug dealing.

There are certain ethnic groups that do not use banks- for example, you'll sometimes hear of banks being overcome by patrons wanting to withdrawl their savings in chinatowns across the US....

After the S&L scandals- you'd be surprised how many people keep their funds in their homes!

lymom3 said:
I think that her father said that she also had knee braces on. To me that would preclude her just "walking away". If she really had the money as her husband says, that would mean that someone picked her up and she left, presumably to start a new life somewhere, or her husband needs to be looked at harder. I know that everyone reacts differently but waiting 2 days to report a potentially suicidal person missing doesn't sit well with me. I could perhaps see that he might have been embarrassed at first to want to admit to anyone that she left, but in my mind once she was gone overnight with no contact with anyone I can't imagine waiting another day after that to report her missing.

I hope it does turn out to be an overstressed mom who just snapped and left. That would be the best case scenario for everyone.

I'm wondering if the husband called in anyone to help care for the infant. I've never known one man who could or would take care of one all alone, and this circumstance is even more reason to call some family or friends.

I believe the husband said that his wife was taking the money to deposit it in the bank the morning that she disappeared. I wonder if he said they had that amount of money and that she was heading to the bank so that it might look like someone robbed her and maybe murdered her or abducted her?

It doesn't sound like she planned to go anywhere. She was an active gal and had the baby at home. The other two children must have been in school. I doubt that she left the baby at home along in order to run away. The husband probably didn't know that she had told her father that she planned to get a divorce. I wonder what was going on in the marriage and if she had told her husband that she wanted a divorce. He sure didn't mention it.

My money is on the husband until we hear more about this case. His story doesn't sound believable to me.

Did I read correctly that she went missing the 10th and he reported it the 12th? That is weird to me especially since when he came home the baby was there and she wasnt!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back