Dead Candidate Runs For Office In Texas

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
POSTED: 11:48 pm PST November 2, 2006

<!--startindex-->HOUSTON -- A slick campaign mailer shows a smiling Texas state representative and reminds voters of her achievements in education, economics and politics.

But it fails to mention that she is dead.

Republican Glenda Dawson died in September but her campaign continues. Campaign officials hope she will win re-election for a two-year term over the Democratic challenger.

If she wins, Gov. Rick Perry would call a special election to fill the vacancy in the heavily Republican district near Houston. more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/politics/10229928/detail.html

So instead of "I see dead people" in Texas it is: I vote for deal people.

OK........sure.........

I think I know some dead polititions.

Well I hope it is not dead people voting for dead politicians. That would be just plain creepy.......like a Holloween story.

lol...my my!.....this reminds me of something my Daddy did the other day, over the phone....some guy calls up, yappin it up about Corker...he's running against Harold Ford Jr here in TN....anyway, the guy started his spill about Corker, & Daddy let him finish, then told the guy "i'd vote for Saddam Hussein (sp?) before i'd vote for that SOB"....he hasn't heard another word from the Corker organization since.....my Daddy is such a nut :blushing:

course neither one is dead, but it reminded me of the coming elections.....

That is pretty funny Close enough: Your Daddy has "groove" and tells it like it is. I don't know if I would have the nerve, but I admire people who do.

I was raised to be too polite, which at times if not always a good thing.

Isn't this the Tenn. Rep. person who "bashed" Canada in his ads.

Tell your Daddy, Thank you from all of us Canadians.......

CyberLaw said:
That is pretty funny Close enough: Your Daddy has "groove" and tells it like it is. I don't know if I would have the nerve, but I admire people who do.

I was raised to be too polite, which at times if not always a good thing.

Isn't this the Tenn. Rep. person who "bashed" Canada in his ads.

Tell your Daddy, Thank you from all of us Canadians.......

yep, that was Corker...something along the lines of "Canada's not busy..they can take care of N Korea"...i did NOT vote for him today, but i have a horrible feeling that Corker might pull this out...i DO hope i'm wrong....

Several years back the governer here in Missouri died in a plane crash before the election and it was too late to take him off the ballot. He was running for Senate. He won the election anyways and his wife was appointed to fill his position. The sad part is the loser of that election was John Ashcroft so instead of being in the Senate he got appointed Attorney General instead...

Hi Close_Enough,

I think the Republican is taking Tenn. Scandi

Honestly, I thought most ALL politicians were dead.....at least from the neck up! LOL Okay, I'll save you all the time... :slap: :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back