GUILTY PA - Alfred Masciarelli, 2, drowned in Fayette County creek, 26 Sept 1976

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Mother arrested in 1976 killing of two-year-old
She had claimed stranger abducted son in Fayette Co.

Thirty years after a Fayette County woman said a mysterious stranger abducted and killed her 2-year-old son, state police have arrested her for the boy's murder.

The arrest developed from cold-case files that Sgt. David Heckman of the Uniontown state police barracks asked a veteran criminal investigator, Trooper Jeffrey W. Ramsey, to examine with "a fresh set of eyes."

The suspect is Glenda Rae Masciarelli, 52, of Masontown, a kitchen aide and dishwasher at Uniontown Country Club.

Charged with homicide, she was being held without bail in the Fayette County Prison after her arrest Friday.

~much more at link~

SewingDeb said:

Thirty years after a Fayette County woman said a mysterious stranger abducted and killed her 2-year-old son, state police have arrested her for the boy's murder.

The arrest developed from cold-case files that Sgt. David Heckman of the Uniontown state police barracks asked a veteran criminal investigator, Trooper Jeffrey W. Ramsey, to examine with "a fresh set of eyes."

The suspect is Glenda Rae Masciarelli, 52, of Masontown, a kitchen aide and dishwasher at Uniontown Country Club.

Charged with homicide, she was being held without bail in the Fayette County Prison after her arrest Friday.

~much more at link~

Good! The B!tch probably thought she got away with it!

SewingDeb said:

~much more at link~
I want to read more but I think you forgot the link...

I read this and I thought, the cops have and did a "great" job in getting justice of this child. The Cold Case squad is awesome.

I am glad the cold case detectives decided to take a look at theis case agian. I wish they had been a little more thorough with her at the start, b/c her story may have fallen apart back then.

From February 2009:

http://articles.dailyamerican.com/2...idelines-third-degree-murder-maximum-sentence

A western Pennsylvania woman will spend 10 to 20 years in prison for drowning her 2-year-old son in a shallow creek in 1976, a crime she still claims to not remember despite apologizing repeatedly for it at her sentencing...

Masciarelli, of Watsontown, pleaded no contest to third-degree murder in December for drowning Alfred Masciarelli Jr. on Sept. 26, 1976, during a walk in the woods.

Feature article on the cop who cracked the case:

http://www.post-gazette.com/frontpa...ooper-and-a-boy-who-died/stories/200612240204

Mr. Ramsey didn't learn about the case until May 2006, after more than 20 years as a state trooper in Fayette County. His arms had started going numb because of a herniated disk – an injury that for a short time confined him to the barracks. To make himself useful, he retrieved Alfred Jr.'s blue binder from among the 16 cold cases – homicides or suspicious disappearances – stockpiled at the Fayette barracks. Then, he returned to his desk and began reading the file...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back