TX - To catch a Predator - caught a DA

Details

Former Member
Reaction score
and he committed suicide!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/06/national/main2156580.shtml

The mayor's comment makes it pretty clear how a pedophile interested in 13 year olds could hide all that time:
Murphy Mayor Bret Bishop told the newspaper that he hopes Murphy won't be used again as a trap for child predators.

"We're going to do whatever we need to do to make sure this doesn't continue," he said. "I think it's a noble cause, but our police department is hired to serve and protect our citizens, and not to expose them to outside threats."
Yeah, it's so inconvenient arresting those pedophiles.

Yes! I saw that - and the article talked about how some politicians in the community would not want Dateline or this movement. COME ON PEOPLE - can you honestly say you don't want a program that will expose child predators?? Or maybe people are just afraid... and they should be.

It's not inconvenient arresting the pedophiles. It's inconvenient cleaning up the mess after the ones that shoot themselves. :bang:

Ang50 said:
Yes! I saw that - and the article talked about how some politicians in the community would not want Dateline or this movement. COME ON PEOPLE - can you honestly say you don't want a program that will expose child predators?? Or maybe people are just afraid... and they should be.
They'd rather not know which of their friends are pedophiles? Or maybe they figure that kids whose parents let them run free like that kinda deserve it? Or they don't want to be caught themselves? Or they know they've got some friends/supporters who have 'shady' habits, and they don't want them to be caught and exposed.

Or, they don't think pedophelia should be illegal.

I just don't see any other reason you object to these stings going down in your community. Only if you don't think this pedophelia is a horribly bad thing, do you mind the inconvenience of arresting and convicting the pedophiles.

Details said:
They'd rather not know which of their friends are pedophiles? Or maybe they figure that kids whose parents let them run free like that kinda deserve it? Or they don't want to be caught themselves? Or they know they've got some friends/supporters who have 'shady' habits, and they don't want them to be caught and exposed.

Or, they don't think pedophelia should be illegal.

I just don't see any other reason you object to these stings going down in your community. Only if you don't think this pedophelia is a horribly bad thing, do you mind the inconvenience of arresting and convicting the pedophiles.

Good Post :clap:

Some people are just ignorant. I think it's because it hasn't happened to them or someone they love (they think). They want to sweep the problem under the carpet and not have their neighborhood/city, etc. frowned upon :mad:

I really do believe the people that understand this problem the best are the victims.....past and present.....it's only justice to want these pedophiles caught and put away!!! It's in the best interests of our children :banghead: :banghead: WHY in the world would they object???????

Just my :twocents:

The above is only my opinion and I am entitled to have it!!!

Maybe the Murphy Mayor doesn't want the town to get smacked with the bad publicity that comes from having a public servant caught soliciting a minor online (and on national TV to boot!) so he's trying to spin the obvious scandal into a misuse of other public servants--the police. Of course, to "serve and protect" should include the children in Murphy too, not just the citizens who vote. I guess Murphy's reputation comes before it's kids' welfare. Sorry for the sarcasm, but the Mayor's comments make an already disgusting situation even nastier.

We had a case here in Florida last year like this--A guy in his '40's was arrested for soliciting sex from a 14 year old girl--after he left the police station,he closed his garage door,got in his car,started it up,and killed himself by carbon monoxide poisoning---some people just cannot fathom the thought of ever going to prison

That's one less case that goes to trial... it saves the town and state money.
It's also one less pedophile on the internet and the street luring children into their sick little world.

This is really scarey stuff. We often wonder why judges aren't tougher on child molesters and sex offenders of any kind. These stories really make you wonder who's really involved in these acts!

philamena said:
It's also one less pedophile on the internet and the street luring children into their sick little world.
Have to agree with this! If someone wants to convict themselves, and put themselves to death - go right ahead. Saves me $$ and worry.

philamena said:
:clap: :woohoo: AGREED!

He was an assistant DA for a neighboring county IIRC, and sadly, his family blamed everyone else (LE, Dateline) for his what they did not want to refer to as a suicide.

Anyway, I came across this thread because I was looking to see if there was a thread on this show...One perv I just saw struck me as especially scary and has me concerned about possible ties to other violent sexual crimes (he, among others, especially with the ones with previous sexual assault charges). His screen name is not something I want to type...it is something like Iwantto"r" you "a.....". His clip was featured first one of the episodes...he also mentioned cutting and sucking blood.

Also, the guy with the comments about the dog and the collar...

Also, the guy who had a sex assault charge on him from 18 years ago?

I wonder how much further LE investigates these guys to see what else they could be tied to.

Eta: seems they've caught all sorts..rabbi's, ministers, teachers, cops, even an agent for Homeland Security irrc).

Margarita do you remember one pedo that had handcuffs and duct tape in his car?I hope he was looked into more and checked for previous crimes.I doubt he is in jail,probably out the next day.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back