Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Way to go, Britt!

http://www.tmz.com/

Britney Spears Files for Divorce
Posted Nov 7th 2006 3:47PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Break-Ups, Britney and Kevin

Britney Spears has filed a petition for divorce from Kevin Federline.

Spears filed legal papers today in Los Angeles County Superior Court, citing "irreconcilable differences." In her petition, Spears asks for both legal and physical custody of the couple's two children, one-year old Sean Preston and two-month old Jayden James, with Federline getting reasonable visitation rights.

As for money, sources tell TMZ the couple, who married in Sept. 2004, has an iron-clad prenup. Not surprisingly, Spears is waiving her right to spousal support. She's also asking the judge to make each party pay their own attorney's fees.

Spears gives the date of separation as yesterday, the same day she flaunted her incredible revamped physique during a surprise appearance on David Letterman's show. Sources tell TMZ there was no single reason for Britney pulling the plug, rather, it was "a string of events."

Spears has hired powerhouse celebrity divorce lawyer Laura Wasser, who has repped a number of celebs, including Angelina Jolie, Nick Lachey and Kiefer Sutherland. We're told Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe asked Wasser to rep both of them in their split, but Wasser declined for personal reasons.

I hope in the future she will be a little more of an adult. I can not say as though I have too much sympathy for her, she is a homewercker, she knew KFed was involved with a pregnant woman and still went after him and was dating him while his ex was alone, pregnant with his baby. Money doesn't take you out of the white trash club. I can only hope she can get her career back.

Well this was long overdue!

He has been involved in pro wrestling the last few weeks, reportedly making about $15k per appearance, to help promote his new album.

Why am I surprised? This is Britney thats being talked about! LOL

Amen. Yay. While I feel bad that she has two children under 2 years old right now, I am happy for Britney. Being the same age as her (well, about 8 months older), I've always identified with her and secretly rooted for her. This news makes me immeasurably happy. I probably should feel bad for saying that, but honestly, she looked miserable a lot of the time with Kevin. I hope she finds the happiness she deserves.

It's kind of amazing that this was posted an hour ago at one of my favorite sites and it's already at 1000+ comments.

Finally! He has to be one of the biggest losers on the face of this earth. I bet Britt's parents are relieved.

Dark_Night, to promote his new album at wrestling matches?? lol that's a perfect spot for his white trash "music"--too bad even THAT promotion isn't working--too funny----anyway,way to go Britney,it appears she's growing up and boy was she smart to get that ironclad pre-nup--

Ike said:
Finally! He has to be one of the biggest losers on the face of this earth. I bet Britt's parents are relieved.
This was worth repeating !!!

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

i'm pleased.

Floh said:
OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

i'm pleased.
HEY!! those guys kinda resemble KFED..hehe

Nothing that a couple of kids and a few years in age (maturity) can't help. All of us think we know it all when we're young just not as publicly as she has endured. Hopefully the light bulb went off in her head and she's a little wiser than she was before. I'm sure she'll have plenty of nannies to take care of the kids...I'm sure she won't suffer in that regard.

Golly gee, this surprises the crap outta me...... Talk about total shock! :crazy:

poco said:
Golly gee, this surprises the crap outta me...... Talk about total shock! :crazy:

WAKE UP! :slap:

phew - i know you're with it really! :laugh:

Peter Hamilton said:
Dark_Night, to promote his new album at wrestling matches?? lol that's a perfect spot for his white trash "music"--too bad even THAT promotion isn't working--too funny----anyway,way to go Britney,it appears she's growing up and boy was she smart to get that ironclad pre-nup--
It turns out that her reaction to his involvement in pro wrestling might have been the final straw, after all!:

A number of Hollywood gossip websites have been reporting that Spears and her children have been staying at a Los Angeles hotel for the past several days. According to the websites, Spears left after Federline went into a rage destroying property when she laughed at a tape of his recent WWE appearances.

Federline has been appearing regularly on WWE television including an appearance at Cyber Sunday this past weekend and last night’s RAW.

Federline and Spears married in 2004 after dating for six months.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2006_/articles/1162938631.php

Dark Knight said:
It turns out that her reaction to his involvement in pro wrestling might have been the final straw, after all!:

A number of Hollywood gossip websites have been reporting that Spears and her children have been staying at a Los Angeles hotel for the past several days. According to the websites, Spears left after Federline went into a rage destroying property when she laughed at a tape of his recent WWE appearances.

Federline has been appearing regularly on WWE television including an appearance at Cyber Sunday this past weekend and last night’s RAW.

Federline and Spears married in 2004 after dating for six months.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2006_/articles/1162938631.php

FED-EX

har, har, har!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

This has to come as real blow to poor Kev, coming as it does after his fiasco of a "concert" in a NYC nightclub.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15516597/

“They were going to cancel this concert, but he begged them to keep it on,” a Webster Hall bartender told Star. “He had to fight with them to keep this concert.” Only 300 people showed up at the club that holds 1,500."...

Federline’s performance has been described as “mercifully short.” Britney Spears’s hubby only rapped for about half an hour and, reports one eyewitness, “seemed really confused about how to act on stage. He would pace from one side of the stage to the other, just saying things like, ‘Hey’ thirty times in a row or ‘New York, thank you for coming — buy my CD.’ ”

TheShadow said:
This has to come as real blow to poor Kev, coming as it does after his fiasco of a "concert" in a NYC nightclub.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15516597/

“They were going to cancel this concert, but he begged them to keep it on,” a Webster Hall bartender told Star. “He had to fight with them to keep this concert.” Only 300 people showed up at the club that holds 1,500."...

Federline’s performance has been described as “mercifully short.” Britney Spears’s hubby only rapped for about half an hour and, reports one eyewitness, “seemed really confused about how to act on stage. He would pace from one side of the stage to the other, just saying things like, ‘Hey’ thirty times in a row or ‘New York, thank you for coming — buy my CD.’ ”

Looooooser :loser: :loser: :loser:

makes me happy! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth