Acetaminophen recall

They neglected to say that anyone taking this product and then going in for an MRI can have SERIOUSLY disgusting results. MRI is HIGH HIGH HIGH magnetic fields and any metal WILL get to the inside of the machine.... even if it has to go through YOU to get there. Eeeek!

You're absolutely right, GlitchWizard. I can specifically recall one case where a 6 year old boy DIED because he was getting an MRI and someone inadvertently left an oxygen tank in the room. The second the machine went on, the magnetic field picked up the oxygen tank and slammed it into the head of this poor boy, killing him instantly.:(

Meowy--it looks like the brands affected are store brands bought at Walgreens, CVS, Wal-mart and Costco. WOW. I know ALOT of people will be affected by this. I buy store-brand pain reliever, but always ibuprofen and never acetominophen. I'm still going to check the manufacturers name & if it's Perrigo, in the trash it goes. Can never be too safe.

I buy the walmarts equate version of acetaminophen and its made by the company this recall is for. Does anyone know the problems this stuff is causing because ive taken some and ive been nauseaus but I also just had surgery and now im freaking because I dont know if its this or the surgery making me sick!!!!

julianne said:
You're absolutely right, GlitchWizard. I can specifically recall one case where a 6 year old boy DIED because he was getting an MRI and someone inadvertently left an oxygen tank in the room. The second the machine went on, the magnetic field picked up the oxygen tank and slammed it into the head of this poor boy, killing him instantly.:(
I worked at Damadian MRI in Tallahassee (now defunct) We once tossed one end of a Slinky into the machine when it was on, to impress upon the one lady who refused to remove genital piercings that it was in her best interest to do so!

The company would have had our skins if they knew we'd done that.

cynpat2000 said:
I buy the walmarts equate version of acetaminophen and its made by the company this recall is for. Does anyone know the problems this stuff is causing because ive taken some and ive been nauseaus but I also just had surgery and now im freaking because I dont know if its this or the surgery making me sick!!!!
I would call your DR. if you are concerned about it, you could be worryng or you may have ingested the metal, you never know

I think these (perrigo) are the kind that are provided at dh's workplace. I'll be sure to pass this along to them. Thanks.

thanks for the list, ljwf22......i got my bottle out of the cabinet...#5AE0169, but i noticed the expiration date is last month....i buy the Kroger brand gelcaps, but don't take them often, since i DO drink alcohol......

anyone who drinks 3 alcoholic beverages a day, should not take Tylenol/acetaminophen....i don't drink everyday, but since i read that a few years ago, i've always taken ibuprofen more than acetaminophen, BUT i always keep it in the cabinet to alternate sometimes.....

edited to correct "should NOT"

cynpat2000 said:

check out the list of batch numbers that ljwf22 posted above....

I think that's the ingredient in Tylenol so it would be Tylenol off brands. According to the AP story I found; I can't link it yet. But it says the odds of a serious injury just from swallowing one of the pills.

close_enough said:
check out the list of batch numbers that ljwf22 posted above....
I checked and thankfully its not the one ive been taking..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back