Mitch Morrisey for Denver DA

candy

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
One of the great things that is happening as a result of term limits being upheld for DA's is Mitch Morrisey is running for Denver DA. This is WONDERFUL.

Mitch Morrisey, one of three candidates running for Denver district attorney, said he would have instantly dropped out if Ritter were eligible. And Morrisey said he wouldn't have regretted a minute of the hard work he's put into his campaign.

"Bill Ritter's been my friend for 20 years," said Morrisey, who works for Ritter. "He's recognized by his peers as one of the finest district attorneys in the United States."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/election/article/0,1299,DRMN_36_2606749,00.html

Mitch was one of the prosecutors loaned to Mike Kane during the grand jury who did such an excellent job during that time. It would be wonderful to have him in the powerful position of Denver DA! He has vast knowledge of the Ramsey case and this is a wonderful development!

Mitch was the DNA expert for Mike Kane, and I have heard that it was through his efforts the 1999 2nd DNA spot on the underwear Team Scamesy has used for PR with no matches.

Morrisey's presence on the case, however, may be more telling. The chief deputy for Denver DA Bill Ritter, Morrisey is regarded as a DNA expert and tried the first Denver case in which DNA evidence was used.

http://www.longmontfyi.com/ramsey/storyDetail98.asp?ID=45

Concerning term limits: I have always been in favor of term limits. Although they do deprive the people of the ability to elect someone they might wish to have in office, I think the greater evil is the career politican-empire builder.

Concerning this particular DA: I have no idea about his qualifications but if he was associated with the attempted railroading before the Grand Jury I do not think he would make a good DA.

Concerning the dna: Are you saying that he was aware the second spot had not been tested or was aware that it had been tested?

Toth said:
Concerning term limits: I have always been in favor of term limits. Although they do deprive the people of the ability to elect someone they might wish to have in office, I think the greater evil is the career politican-empire builder.

Concerning this particular DA: I have no idea about his qualifications but if he was associated with the attempted railroading before the Grand Jury I do not think he would make a good DA.

Concerning the dna: Are you saying that he was aware the second spot had not been tested or was aware that it had been tested?

FYI:Search "Mitch" for insight FWIW...

http://63.147.65.175/news/jon071200.htm
Wood said he and the Ramseys spoke by conference call Friday with Beckner, police Cmdr. Tom Wickman and two special prosecutors who assisted Mike Kane during the grand jury, Bruce Levin and Mitch Morrisey.

http://hometown.aol.com/summergirls0323/quotes.html
Oct. 15, 1999 - Here is a selection of quotes from Thursday's news conferences:Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter:". . . by no means do I or any of the men at this table feel a failure. We will continue to follow evidence in this case as long as there is work to be done.''Hunter acknowledged that many theories exist of who killed JonBenet. But, he said, "Theories are not what we take into courtrooms; evidence is what we take into courtrooms. It is fundamental to the justice system that we rely on evidence, even in cases where the entire American public is asking for justice.''"We've spent a lot of money on this case - I felt a need to stand in front of you and tell you this was money well spent.''

I want to thank you all for joining us on such short notice. And before I begin my very brief remarks and few guidelines that I hope will serve all of us today and outline some things that we're thinking about to plan for you tomorrow, that you'll bear with me.But I want to introduce to you the prosecutors that have been working this case since the grand jury and actually before the grand jury was convened, and I will talk more about them tomorrow.I wanted them to be with me. They wanted to be with me. We consider ourselves to be a team. Mike Kane, whom I will call the team leader. Mitch Morrisey, chief deputy from the Denver D.A.'s office, and Bruce Levin, chief deputy from the Adams County D.A.'s office.We are going to provide you with some handouts that are being prepared for you as I speak. You're going to have the discharge instructions that Judge Morris Sandstead provided to the grand jury, and we are going to be giving you also an order from Judge Sandstead, by the way, sitting in for Roxanne Bailin, who was not available today.So you're going to have those in your hands. They deal with grand jury secrecy, which you will see and most of you know is extremely important and involved in all of the remarks that I will make. At least it's guiding me in my remarks, and we'll have those for you.The Boulder grand jury has completed its work and will not return.No charges have been filed. The grand jurors have done their work extraordinarily well, bringing to bear all of their legal powers, life experiences and shrewdness.Yet I must report to you that I and my prosecution task force believe we do not have sufficient evidence to warrant a filing of charges against anyone who has been investigated at this time.Under Colorado law, the proceedings of the grand jury are secret. Under no circumstances will I or any of my advisers, prosecutors, the law enforcement officers working on this case or the grand jurors discuss grand jury procedures today or ever, unless ordered by the court. However that might help in you and in the public understanding all of the events of today.I want to thank you for attending this speedily called press conference. Tomorrow (today) at 12:30 at an area that I think is either built or under construction or will be built tomorrow I will have my team members present.I will have the district attorneys who have been my advisers from February 1997, including Bill Ritter, who is coming with special assistance since he just finished surgery a few days ago. At that time I plan to take some questions.

"the cops became so convinced that the Ramseys did it that they've never been able to look at the evidence objectively."
"I expect us to continue to put our hearts and brains into this and I expect to have a satisfactory resolution," Hunter said. "In other words, I expect justice for JonBenet Ramsey by the time this case is all said and done."
"In no way do we expect that this case will be shelved," Hunter told the Boulder County Commissioners. "Rather, we remain optimistic that this case will be resolved."
"There will be justice served, and YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back