NY - Knil Noel, 9, smothered by mom, Brooklyn, 13 Nov 2006

ajc2804

Reaction score
Mom Says 'Demons Overtook Her'

NEW YORK -- Knil Jean Noel was supposed to be celebrating his ninth birthday with a pizza party at school.

He never got there. His troubled mother, Olivia Jean Noel, smothered Knil with a pillow in the family's Brooklyn apartment, according to police. After trying to kill herself by jumping in front of a subway train, she was arrested Tuesday on murder and other charges.

She told detectives that "demons overtook her," Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.

Police said the mother told them the trouble began when her son woke up Monday morning still upset that a playmate hadn't come to his family birthday dinner the night before.

She told detectives she called the boy over to her bed and killed him, Kelly said.

The boy's father was at work at the time, police said. They said Jean Noel warned him during a telephone conversation: "You're going to have to forgive me."

After the slaying, she became "extremely remorseful" and boarded a subway to Manhattan, thinking she might jump off a bridge, Kelly said.

She instead returned to Brooklyn, where she jumped in front of a train at a Coney Island station. Police said she suffered a broken leg and severed fingers but never lost consciousness, telling officers at the scene, "I did something terrible to my son."

The boy's father, Evans Joseph, discovered Knil's body about 30 minutes later in the family's third-floor apartment in Crown Heights.

"He was my life," the distraught father said later.

Police said the boy's mother, who remained hospitalized Tuesday, had been treated for depression. But one of the boy's aunts, Lusca Joseph, said the family never knew of any problems.

She said the couple, both observant Seventh Day Adventists, met in their native St. Lucia. Knil was their only child, she said.

"(Jean Noel) was a good mother. She was great," Lusca Joseph said. "I don't know what had driven her to do something like this."

At Knil's school, Montgomery Academy, he was remembered as a bright and sociable student.

"He was well-loved," said the boy's teacher, William Ebanks. He said Knil would quiz him frequently about new facts he just had learned.

The boy left school Friday ebullient about his upcoming birthday party, said Principal Earlene Warren-Fernandez.

Added another of the boy's aunts, Jennifer James: "He was a nice little kid -- very jubilant, very smart. To be honest, he was a child every parent would want to have."

http://www.wjactv.com/news/10325279/detail.html

O.............M...............G ...!

Arrggh. Since when do demons say sorry right after the fact? Don't they hang around a while and mess with your head some more? Sorry to be so harsh: I've seen, read and heard about too many tempers/frustration in action and immediate remorse. The remorse should have kicked in immediately before, not after, imo.

Granted, hormonal and chemical imbalances, etc, do exist: if this is the case, SEEK HELP. If diagnosed, don't go off your meds because these things are not just a passing headache!

:( Bkess that little boy's soul - he just wanted his friend over!

Why didn't the demons have her kill herself!:furious: :banghead:

michelle said:
Exactly. I can't even begin to imagine to fear in the last minutes of this boys life. Sorry excuse for a mother. And then for the family to say "She was a good mother." Ha ha, what a joke. I say what's needed here is an eye for an eye punishment.

I am so freaking tired of these stupid women and their demon. Andrea Yates, the lady who cut her baby's arms off, the Diaz woman. it has become obvious that the "crazy demon" defense works and thats why thse nutjobs are using it. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

michelle said:
I know. The crazy demons only apply to children not the mothers. I can ask the same question about Andrea Yates.

This poor sweet 9 year old boy, as the mother of two boys, I cannot even imagine the horror this 9 year old suffered as he realized his own mother was the one hurting him. My heart breaks for him. I'm at a loss to say my feelings about the so called mother, smothering a beautiful 9 year old boy, who had his whole life ahead of him. There is no punishment that will give her her due for what she has done....everyother 9 year old in that class will be wondering if their mom is gonna kill them tonight as well.....there has got to be an end to all of this evil purpertrated against children. My prayers to you sweet, sweet boy. Happy Birthday, little love.

Thanks for the link, acj. Horrible! I have to ask if substances are involved outside of natural depression or anger problems? Some women just do not know the miracles they produced. Nada, zip concept of it all. They may need to register these women as child-predators, too. (ugh - I'm just moaning the total misery of this story, I s'pose...)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back