IN - Four children, ages 2-8, murdered in Elkhart home, 14 Nov 2006

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Four Children Found Dead In An Elkhart Home

WNDU Staff
Elkhart Firefighters have ruled out carbon monoxide poisoning as a cause of death for four young children.

A man who is the father of two of the children found them Tuesday night at a home at 1200 Hester Street in Elkhart. Their mother was also found unconscious in the home and was taken to the hospital.

The children range in age from one to six years old.

Elkhart police tell us they are investigating the deaths as suspicious. But, they say no one has been taken into custody.

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/4650596.html

Police say no one ruled out in case

<snip>

The coroner’s office said the prelimary cause of the children’s deaths was asphyxia. Autopsies were completed today, but toxicology results won’t be known for a week and a half.
<snip>
The condition of Angelica Alvarez, the mother of the children, is considered critical, police noted. She currently is unresponsive in a local hospital, but she is expected to fully recover.

About 8 p.m. Tuesday, Elkhart Police and Elkhart Fire Department paramedics responded to a 911 call from 37-year-old Fernando Valdez from the home at 1200 Hester St. He told authorities his wife and four children were dead inside the home. Police and medics entered the home, discovered Alvarez still alive and took her to the hospital.

more at the link http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061115/News01/61115024/-1/News/CAT=News01

Maybe he smothered them in their sleep with a pillow. I just hope the mother does make a speedy recovery so she can tell what happened.

cynpat2000 said:
Maybe he smothered them in their sleep with a pillow. I just hope the mother does make a speedy recovery so she can tell what happened.

I'm wondering if Momma didn't organize a little murder/suicide, only she didn't die.

kgeaux said:
I'm wondering if Momma didn't organize a little murder/suicide, only she didn't die.
That would be so horrible if that's the situation. :(

I live near Elkhart, Indiana.

They just announced that the mother has been arrested for murdering her children.

Please tell me they are mistaken and this hasn't happened again.......

Jolynna said:
I live near Elkhart, Indiana.

They just announced that the mother has been arrested for murdering her children.

Just as I expected. Why can't these people value their children more than themselves? Why doesn't society value children more? I am in a contemplative mood. So ignore me as I think long and hard about this.

SadieMae said:
That would be so horrible if that's the situation. :(
OMG...it was my worst fear! How could a MOTHER do this???? I'll just NEVER understand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The oldest was only 8years old, still a BABY! God, PLEASE..when will it stop?

LisainWV said:
Please tell me they are mistaken and this hasn't happened again.......
I wish it would stop happening, these people killing their kids. Why cant they just kill themselves, or pick on someone their own freaking size!:banghead:

God bless those poor little babies. They should have had a chance to grow up, live a happy life and find thier place in this world. It is not fair that their lifes were cut so short. I'ts just not fair.:furious:

Shadow205 said:
God bless those poor little babies. They should have had a chance to grow up, live a happy life and find thier place in this world. It is not fair that their lifes were cut so short. I'ts just not fair.:furious:
Its not fair, I am sick and tired of hearing about this all the time. What is wrong with people?

God bless the fathers, as well! How horrific for them! This is just sickening.

cynpat2000 said:
Here we go again, in the second story the father said the woman had mental issues..if he knew that why did he leave the children alone with her???This has got to stop.
The articles stated the father was in a custody battle to get his kids. I don't blame him, I'm wondering how long the courts took to act on his behalf? Those cases can be dragged out for years!

The news said that the motive and exactly how the children died would be disclosed in the probable cause arraignment.

I will provide links when the info comes out.

It is very sad.

cynpat2000 said:
Here we go again, in the second story the father said the woman had mental issues..if he knew that why did he leave the children alone with her???This has got to stop.
Apparently she was hopsitalized for 12 days with depression after losing her job a month ago, according to her husband.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back