Purple?

santos1014

Nana to Madelynn and Ethan
Reaction score
Website
profile.myspace.com
Forgive me if this has been talked about-if so, someone can refer me to a thread, but I have only been able to find references to it...

What is so crucial about the color purple in this case?

Like I said, I have seen it mentioned in passing in several threads, but can't trace it back to an origin.

santos1014 said:
Forgive me if this has been talked about-if so, someone can refer me to a thread, but I have only been able to find references to it...

What is so crucial about the color purple in this case?

Like I said, I have seen it mentioned in passing in several threads, but can't trace it back to an origin.
Digging in my memory here.... Something to do with Patsy and a Christmas tree decorated in purple. I think Patsy had decorated her tree in purple that year and she later made a connection between that a purple altar cloth which symbolised Christ dying. I think the colour purple may be associated with Christ's death and she thought ti was eery that she had chosen a purple theme for their Christmas decorations.

I might be wrong in this. It's not something I'd tend to consider significant so I didn't pay much attention to it.

resurrection and Easter...In the South, you see a lot of purple at Easter time, purple ribbons on the door handles of a lot of buildings, purple banners on churches, etc...

Here is the kicker, though... Purple is associated with Lent, and is the traditional color of repentance...

Patsy goes on about it in DOI, pb, pg 253 - 254. She says purple is the color of both Lent and Advent. She didn't usually decorate the tree in purple, but when she got out the Christmas decorations, she saw some purple velvet and decided to use it for the tree. This is where she starts getting a little freaky.

"In a strange and unexpected way, I had unconsciously woven death into the fabric of our Christmas celebration, and, of course, couldn't have imagined how that 1996 Christmas season would end for us. I couldn't help but feel that there had been a premonition in my selecting purple ribbon for our Christmas tree. Without an awareness of its significance, I had placed the meaning of Lent in the midst of our celebration of the nativity. Beckoning to the future, the use of the deep purple ribbon suggested that what began in the cradle would end on the cross."

Then she goes on the say that purple is particularly significant to Christians because it blends red and blue, and "Anglicans often think of blue as the color that symbolizes mankind or humanity. Of course, red represents our redemption through the shed blood of Christ. As the red and blue come together in purple, it becomes a symbolic way of telling the world that 'God is present' with mankind. As those ideas worked in my mind, another connection began to form. An assurance had been handed to our family with the presence of the color purple. As God was present in the crucifixion of Jesus, in ways that we couldn't grasp or understand, he was also present in the tragic death of our daughter. In the extreme pain of our loss, God the Father was standing near with his hand upon the Ramsey family, as interwoven in our lives as the ribbon on the tree.

Purple did have a place after all..."

So, as you can plainly see, JonBenet had to die because Patsy used purple on the tree. Her death was a sacrifice to mankind attended by God himself, as he blessed the family that oh so selflessly gave her up so that people could become closer to the Lord.

Preordained according to the Gospel of Patsy.

Nuisanceposter said:
So, as you can plainly see, JonBenet had to die because Patsy used purple on the tree. Her death was a sacrifice to mankind attended by God himself, as he blessed the family that oh so selflessly gave her up so that people could become closer to the Lord.

Preordained according to the Gospel of Patsy.
That and the Falling Star poem by her friend made me wonder. Is this what really happened? As in the poem, JonBenet was "not of this world" and sent to earth by God to be sacrificed? Indeed that's what the poem says and Patsy put it in her DOI book. But good grief, how could John not see it and go along with the cover up?

Maybe this was just spiritual hindsight from a distraught mother.

I'm fairly certain JonBenet wore a purple velvet dress for the Christmas Eve church service.

-Tea

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back